Fault with Chinese tub

Alyson

That is a low flow error. First remove filter and reset breaker. Run without filter until the issue is fixed. If this does not clear the code you will need to verify that the pump related to filtering and heating (Circulation pump) is working and that the wet end of it does not have an air lock.

Let us know results

• 2 weeks later...

We had had spa for 8 years. It developed this fault but it works intermittently on Friday I turned it on and fine warmed up to 104 degrees all pumps working. Then today turned on and all pumps working just not heating up and code CLDF sowing and beeping

image.jpg

image.jpg

I have never seen one of these. Based on the diagram it has a "water control". Not sure what that is exactly, but it's likely a pressure switch or flow switch. (I would know more had you posted the pics I requested.) These are prone to problems and are a likely cause of this issue. As is a faulty pump, clogged filters, or faulty circuit board. But I would start with the water control.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi there

just wondering what the error was with your hot tub, I also have a Chinese tub with the CLDF error coming on intermittent.

what ever the fault is is controls the circulation pump ( when the error code is on the circulation pump stops working. If i turn the hot tub off for 10 minutes and then back on the error code goes away and the tub works fine?

Please help

Jon 

From what you are saying its the water level sensor, make sure the bulb in the tub is really clean and water over it, or maybe the control panel has water over it, let me know

mine was a bit more complicated, a relay burnt out cooked the board so had to replace big money £350 english pounds only to find that had blown a part on the circuit board £399 english pounds, I was about to bin the tub when a friend had a look and repaired the board for less than £1 english pound, so check for electronic repairs before you buy new

I now have a lot of knowledge on this type of hot tub and will freely give it

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/4/2020 at 2:25 PM, CanadianSpaTech said:

That is a low flow error. First remove filter and reset breaker. Run without filter until the issue is fixed. If this does not clear the code you will need to verify that the pump related to filtering and heating (Circulation pump) is working and that the wet end of it does not have an air lock.

Let us know results

How do you check circulation pump?

Sorry you have confused me, if your circulating pump is flashing and your heater is not working is that not a fault? on the control panel what is happening, again as I said before have you got the correct water level, I take it the water is cold all the time and no water circulating

27 minutes ago, Hener said:

Sorry you have confused me, if your circulating pump is flashing and your heater is not working is that not a fault? on the control panel what is happening, again as I said before have you got the correct water level, I take it the water is cold all the time and no water circulating

Sorry Hener,

I have just joined this site an hour ago. Yes you are correct, water is cold most of the time and no circulating water.

Everything else looks normal on control panel, apart from circulation pump flashing

No problem, let’s start from the beginning how did it start, all of a sudden or over time, water cold most of the time can you explain, and one thing is the tub outside and is the control panel dry on the top and how old is the tub and what level are you able to work on the tub

Unless you are competent with electrics please do not start poking around behind the panels, the tubs rarely get an airlock, however remove the water filter and make sure there is enough water in the tub, make sure the top control panel is totally dry, it’s cheaper to get the problem diagnosed in the long run unless you can read a meter and work with electrics as water and electric don’t mix

Hi again

I contacted this site about a month ago with a chinease hot tub error code C L D F which according to the manual means heater unloaded ( heater broken or in bad contact ).  I've since fitted a new control panel and checked for air locks , the fault is intermittent and when the fault occurs the circulation pump does not work. If I set the temp for the heater to come on nothing happens until I give the main control box where the relays are a bit of a tap and the it all fires up .?

Thanks Jon

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Hener said:

Unless you are competent with electrics please do not start poking around behind the panels, the tubs rarely get an airlock, however remove the water filter and make sure there is enough water in the tub, make sure the top control panel is totally dry, it’s cheaper to get the problem diagnosed in the long run unless you can read a meter and work with electrics as water and electric don’t mix

Sorry for the delayed reply

I am ok with electronics, Filter is fine, sufficient amount of water and control panel is completely dry.

The first thing that happened was the heater stopped working and then it sat for nearly a year without use, and it is about 4-5 years old.

Do you think it just needs a new heater?