Fault with Chinese tub

Alyson

The  old heaters had a leak that coroded the terminal can you put a meter on it, regarding the pump put a live feed to it to se if it works, the heater should not stop the pump working, also check for mice damage on the wires, 

if you take the cover off the main box check the relay to the right, I think there is a photo of it on here

Turn it off un plug, turn back on and run through set up and tell me what works and what’s not, both by hand and with your remote

I have a chinese hot tub with GD7005 running system,had a overheat on big box pcb board so had it fixed and tested by electronics engineer and put back on,all wires stayed in the correct positions and I rewired in,turned on the main switch 32amp in hot tub housing and pump1 comes on and stays on,then if I turn on the control panel each stage has jumped a cycle except the led lights I'm confused

On the box on the left is it one of the relays burnt, one on the right maybe, can you take a close up photo of the damage, my money is on the box on the right, from the top control panel the cables run down to a part called a darlington switch, this is the switching unit, it will not show any sign's of burning, if your tub has a radio that will aslo cause a problem, I disabled mine.

The pumps can be tested on the tub by simple connecting them up to a power supply for a couple of seconds, the circulating pump can seize, can be repaired but a pig to seal.

• 3 months later...
On 7/18/2020 at 7:50 PM, Alyson said:

We had had spa for 8 years. It developed this fault but it works intermittently on Friday I turned it on and fine warmed up to 104 degrees all pumps working. Then today turned on and all pumps working just not heating up and code CLDF sowing and beeping

image.jpg

image.jpg

I have this exact problem . I have just replaced both wet ends on both pumps . 
re filled tub through filter housing. 
turned on and get cldf and a beeping sound. 
I have checked for air locks on all three pumps and removed filter still getting this cldf code and heater isn’t staying on . Any ideas anyone ? 

On 3/13/2021 at 12:41 PM, Hener said:

From what you are saying its the water level sensor, make sure the bulb in the tub is really clean and water over it, or maybe the control panel has water over it, let me know

mine was a bit more complicated, a relay burnt out cooked the board so had to replace big money £350 english pounds only to find that had blown a part on the circuit board £399 english pounds, I was about to bin the tub when a friend had a look and repaired the board for less than £1 english pound, so check for electronic repairs before you buy new

I now have a lot of knowledge on this type of hot tub and will freely give it

On 3/31/2021 at 7:43 PM, Jon Cave said:

Hi again

I contacted this site about a month ago with a chinease hot tub error code C L D F which according to the manual means heater unloaded ( heater broken or in bad contact ).  I've since fitted a new control panel and checked for air locks , the fault is intermittent and when the fault occurs the circulation pump does not work. If I set the temp for the heater to come on nothing happens until I give the main control box where the relays are a bit of a tap and the it all fires up .?

Thanks Jon

Mines exactly the same 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi

I've got a Chinese control panel Ethink KL8-3A, everything works fine except the temp is set for 98 degrees but will only heat to 89 degrees then starts cooling down and heater will not kick in again, I have to turn it off until temp drops below 77 degrees then heater will work again any clues. Have checked water flow, filter, air locks, thermostat etc...... all good.

• 4 months later...

Hi all.  

Similar problem same cldf code pump and heater are both good tested separately. The controller is asking for temp a relay clicks in on the low voltage box but doesn't bring in main circulation pump relay. But if I turn 240v supply off for 5 minutes then back on the circulation relay will pull in and pump and heater will run for 30 seconds or so then drops out but controller is still asking for a temp rise. I'm guessing temp sensor is OK due to controller showing actual water temp and asking for heat on controller so not that. Also plenty of water in tub / filter also checked for air locks. Any help or advice will be appreciated. 

cheers Richard