When i turn on pump 1 it locks out controls

Kube1989

It is a 2004 diplomat ultralife. Been working fine all of a sudden today even though circulation pump is moving water great when powered up it said low-flow. If I turn on pump two it lets me go to low and high speed and turn them off but once I turn on pump 1 it come comes on in low and it won't let me turn it to high and none of the other controls other than the light bulb work at that point. Any ideas?

• 2 months later...

Sorry been awful busy and haven't had a chance to get back around two things. Attached is the controls and the top side. I thought maybe it was a problem with the pump itself but when I switch comp input on the spot pack it still has the same effect Jets 1 locks out the controls until the timer runs through

15982104575808268559419768194041.jpg

15982105137672779473487427578243.jpg

15982105540841580185714088234881.jpg

When was the last time you cleaned the filters?

Remove them until issue is fixed. Take them out of the equation. Once removed reset the main GFCI breaker. If the flo comes back you will need to look towards the pressure switch. It might need adjustment or replacement. Based on the spas age I would replace. You could try to jumper the pressure switch wires as well to verify. If you get to this step check back before trying and we can walk you through it if needed. Safety first if you are not handy please don't attempt.

Let us know results

Buy locked out I mean if I just turn on and off a light or turn jet to on the low or low or high or back off it acts fine as soon as I turn on jet one which of course goes into low position first after that none of the controls on the control panel work until the timer has run out for the Jets

15982222999117317595648008020673.jpg

And as for the flow switch...

I just did a full drain and clean and rinsed then cleaned then rinsed again all the filters. Soon as it turns on I can see the flow from the circulation pump right away but it comes up first saying low flow. This is a brand-new circulation pump that has the integrated flow switch.

8 minutes ago, Kube1989 said:

I just did a full drain and clean and rinsed then cleaned then rinsed again all the filters.

That's nice. 

Soooo are they in or out. There is a process to diagnostics and we can't help if you don't answer questions clearly or follow direction.

If flo returns disconnect the flow switch at P 10 and touch the 2 pins at the same time with a flat head screwdriver to "Jumper" the flow switch. Does the flow go away?

Again safety first. 

I powered it up in both conditions. The flow is there regardless even with the low flow message. The message on the screen only says low-flow for about 15 seconds then it kicks into saying heating to 102 degrees. Whether the filters are in or out it starts off saying low flow for the first 15 seconds.

And the circulation pump is throwing a steady stream of water coming out of the two ports.- within 1 or 2 seconds of powering up the tub. I have not pulled the flow switch connector and jump them I'm kind of in the middle of prepping dinner 🙂