2004 Tiger river Bengal power light flashing

ccpanel

got a new used tub.

applied power and circ pump runs fine.

display goes through its checks and then shows temp and power button flashes.

unit will not operate jets or any other function.

I filled it with hose directly through standpipe tube.

it sat about a week full of water before i got around to finishing the connection of wiring.

using the proper 20/30 GCFI setup, referenced the control board cover to do the proper jumper configuration(running 220) and as jumper was missing on the 12345 wiring I made my own and pigtailed the wire for 5 and combined it with a short pigtail for 4.

Done my own connections on my last hot springs classic(wish I had that one but couldnt move it tot he new house) 

zero issues.

BTW-no filter is currently in place as I plan to do a full flush and refill after i add chems and clean it.

Thanks for all teh help-used google and still couldnt find an answer.

Flashing power light is usually a heater issue. Could be a bad sensor, a bad circulation pump or some other flow issue, a sticking relay on the board, a faulty flow /pressure switch if you have one. Have you checked for a hi-limit reset on the heater?

What year is it? Can you post a pic of the control box and equipment area?

You can see water returning in the tub from the circ pump, or you can hear it running?

If circulation is good, open the control box and check for burns on the board, browned wire connectors, and a burned metal smell. If that all looks good, try some sensors. I carry known good sensors for testing purposes, but they aren't very expensive. 

I can see water returning and hear it run-in fact, the elbow with the nipple is broken and the nipple is glued mostly shut by DPO and leaks when power applied and circ pump comes on.

no burns or "letting the smoke out" obvious signs on board.

im not set up right now and lack the skill set to de-solder and reconfigure board stuff.

can plug/play parts though.

I did-I used the service panel door to set my jumpers and pin jumpers.

Confirmed via additional online source.

not at home right now but i think it was jump 1,3,9

also had to jumper power number 4/5

and 1 and 2 had hot legs---dont remember...but did it on my HS classic and it ran like a champ so relatively confident I did it right this time too.

man-i sure miss that tub, i REALLY wanted to move it with me but it wasnt worth the 2,000 mile drive!

If you wired it correctly (I haven't checked) and it has good flow i would next plug in some sensors. This is where it becomes handy to have a tech looking at it, as most of us carry sensors for testing purposes. Is there a local supplier where you can get the sensors and return them if not needed? The packaging, if any, will have to be opened and sensors plugged in, but not installed, to test it. Otherwise, if you have a good tester, I will see if I can find readings on watkins sensors and you can ohm them out to see if they are bad. 

If the Power indicator is blinking (entire spa inoperative)... Hi Limit Thermostat tripped. Disconnect main power for 30 seconds and turn back on If it will not reset, check for clogged filter(s). If Hi Limit tripping continues Test/replace Hi Limit Thermostat

Thanks

Have done a full power off/reset. In fact, its currently off.

Power light blinks but temp displays and circ pump runs.

no limit switch detected on heater unit-it POSSIBLY has been replaced by DPO and/or may be the low kw version as it appears this unit could have been 110/220.

I will see if I can find the high limit stat

They can be hard to find. Usually on the side you cant see, may be a raised button or a flat rubber spot that must be pushed inward, may take a screwdriver. You will hear it click when it is reset. Be sure power is off while poking at it with a screwdriver.

The sensors, I believe they call them thermistors, are located on the heater, with wires that run back to the board. One is temp, the other hi-limit. I replace them as a pair as a general rule.

A picture of the equipment area and control board would help alot.

Try sensors. Have you located them on the heater? If you have a good ohm meter you can ohm them out. They should be within a few hundred ohms of each other, but I am not sure of the numbers. Will likely be tens of thousands of ohms, so you need a good digital meter.

https://www.spapartsdepot.com/hot-springs-thermistor-control-ics-02-39530/

https://www.spapartsdepot.com/hot-springs-thermistor-hi-limit-ics-02-39525/

found sensors on heater, seller of this used unit is supposed to have a warranty but is pulling the "im sick" card right now. 

waiting with baited breath and not assuming he will follow through.

I cant get pics up-anything small enough to fit file size is too small to discern.

Still didnt find limit. knew where it was on my last HS heater but felt all around body of heater and nothing this time-i assume its not on the tubes.

im betting its the wires going to limit switches, they were stuffed in and pinched by DPO

What is a DPO?

By limit switches, I assume you mean the sensors, or thermistors as watkins calls them? 

The hi-limit switch, if it has one, will be in the end where the wires are attached. They are difficult to find, and many do not have one. I don't know enough off the top of my head to tell you which do or do not.

Did this used spa seller who offers a warranty have this spa running at his location before you bought it?

13 minutes ago, CanadianSpaTech said:

Fine put the parts and a $100 bill for labour in the mailbox and I'll be right by

Right? 

He's sick... of working on that watkins spa.😂

To the OP. (That's "original poster") The link Canadianguy provided shows an equipment location diagram that shows the hi-limit on the heater. If you have the old trumpet heater with the big loop in the pipe you may want to have a look at page 12. 

11 minutes ago, RDspaguy said:

Right? 

He's sick... of working on that watkins spa.😂

To the OP. (That's "original poster") The link Canadianguy provided shows an equipment location diagram that shows the hi-limit on the heater. If you have the old trumpet heater with the big loop in the pipe you may want to have a look at page 12. 

and DPo must have swapped in a non-OEM heater as it does not look like heater in manual. 

its a basic CF and I didnt see it ahead of time-it was too good a deal... and even if i put money into it and fix it myself-its still been worth it.

10 minutes ago, ccpanel said:

and DPo must have swapped in a non-OEM heater as it does not look like heater in manual. 

its a basic CF and I didnt see it ahead of time-it was too good a deal... and even if i put money into it and fix it myself-its still been worth it.

Out of curiosity, what did you pay for it?

I don't think that old trumpet heater has been available for some time now. Glad it has been replaced.