Gecko in.clear bromine salt generator – my experiences

shoelace

• 4 weeks later...

We have an inclear bromine salt system.  It’s 2.5 Years old. I love it - I find it incredibly easy. No issues with pH, etc.  in fact, we dont need to do anything to maintain the water except check the values and shock it once in awhile. I’ve been taking care of regular chlorine pools for almost 30 years and because of the spa salt system, I’m converting our pool to chlorine salt system this year. Yeah, salt cells croak, and they are expensive. Anyway, upon reading above about Canada Health banning these bromine salt systems used with ozone and Potassium peroxymonosulfate, I’d like to know what I can periodically shock my hot tub with instead of Potassium peroxymonosulfate?  We also have the ozone generator. I also want to make sure this system is safe to use. Shoelace thought the danger was drinking the water.  We do not drink our hot tub water, in fact we don’t dunk our heads under either.  Im confused as to what the danger in a residential hot tub?  TIA

10 hours ago, BeamMeUp said:

We do not drink our hot tub water, in fact we don’t dunk our heads under either.  Im confused as to what the danger in a residential hot tub?  TIA

Hottub jets aerosolize the water when the pump is running.  Sure nobody *wants* to drink the hottub water, but if you're breathing you are inhaling some water droplets.  

Just last year there was a major outbreak of legionaries disease traced back to aerosolized water droplets from an improperly sanitized tub at an expo.  The people were not bathing in the water, they were simply walking around the state fair and inhaled the water droplets unintentionally - https://www.npr.org/2019/10/04/767210215/n-c-officials-trace-124-legionnaires-disease-cases-to-hot-tub-at-a-fair

• 10 months later...