Marquis 636 Problem

spascap

I recently bought a house with a Marquis 636 Everyday Hot Tub. (made around 2006, I think)

I downloaded and printed the manual, and read it carefully.

However, when turning on the power, it does not do what it should do.

First the Pr text appears on the Control panel. That is fine.

Then after 4 or so minutes, there is a rumbling, and this "--" replaces the Pr.

But the jets do not start. The manual seems to imply that they should start, and noticeably.

I made sure that the jets are open (I pressed the Jets button and then went around to make sure).

After the "--" is on for a couple minutes, it shows the temp (68) which is then replaced with 1.

After a while the temp comes back and a 2 appears.

Then it changes to 69 and a 3 appears.

This is not in the manual.

We have a service call set for tomorrow, but...is this how the tub heats up?

Is this normal?

The jet do seem to work, after you press the Jets button.

Thanks.

Mac

I have a Marquis Everyday 660. So, I think it works pretty close to yours - if not the same. Pr means the pump is priming - normal to run for 5 minutes or so on startup. My pump comes on after Pr finishes. But, that might be as a result of other settings (temp, mode, etc.). The display alternating between temp and the counter is the Soak Timer. You get this whenever you push the jets button. This should be covered in your manual. What are your other settings (temp, eco/standard, filtration cycles, etc.)? These all will govern when your pumps run. Other than your pump not starting automatically after primiing, it seems like it is working. But, you'll have to determine if the heater is running and if the spa comes up to temp. After a fill, I set mine to Std mode to make sure it heats up faster. Then, I switch to Eco mode once it reaches temp. The heater will only come on during filtration cycles in Eco mode. In Std mode, the pump comes on every half hour to check the temp and turn on the heater if needed. For me, this uses a lot of electricity.

Thanks.

We found that Pr followed by -- followed by jets in half the spa followed by the heater is what it is supposed to do.

We have not experimented with the other settings, but I need to find out, as I need to know what to do with the spa overnight.

I recall that in the manual it says not to leave the cover on when the spa is heating.

Overnight, do you leave it with the power on? We stopped using it an hour ago (after pressing the Jets button until everything stopped) (temp was 90), and I just checked on it and it is again on "low" (heater on) with half the jets going.

Also, when the spa is on what seems to be "low" only the jets on one side of the spa are on.
All the jets come on only when it is clearly on "High".
Is this normal?

Thanks very much for your help.

Mac

Thanks.

We found that Pr followed by -- followed by jets in half the spa followed by the heater is what it is supposed to do.

We have not experimented with the other settings, but I need to find out, as I need to know what to do with the spa overnight.

I recall that in the manual it says not to leave the cover on when the spa is heating.

That doesn't make sense. Without the cover on, you'll lose most of the heat that you're adding. Where did you read this?

Overnight, do you leave it with the power on? We stopped using it an hour ago (after pressing the Jets button until everything stopped) (temp was 90), and I just checked on it and it is again on "low" (heater on) with half the jets going.

Power is left on all the time. Your jets only come on when the button is pushed or during a filtration cycle or a cleaning cycle (which happens after a soak). If you have in STD mode, it will also come on every half hour to test the water temperature and turn on the heater if it has dropped below the set temp. I use ECO which only adjusts the temp during the filtration cycles which you set. I think the default is 2hrs twice per day.

Also, when the spa is on what seems to be "low" only the jets on one side of the spa are on.

All the jets come on only when it is clearly on "High".

Is this normal?

Yes. This is normal. Mine does the same thing.

Thanks very much for your help.

Mac

• 2 years later...

i've got a Marquis Everyday 530 hot tub that decided to start running just the spa jet with no heating light on. I took the panel off and both motors seem to be very hot. Will those motors shut down if they get too hot? Also..when my circulation pump IS working I also get water coming out in just half the jets (no water in 2 of the 4 seats) and I thought this was normal. Not normal? I also seem to be collecting much more crap in and around one of the two filters from the vortex towers. Like it's sucking more water to filter than the other. Is my tub possessed? Do I need to call a hot tub priest for an exorcism? This just happened while i've been trying to figure out the best method for cleaning and maintaining my 350gal bromine tub. I am completely overwhelmed...any advice would be helpful! Thanks in advance!

• 4 years later...