Get To Know The Regulars.

Amanda

I was hoping the "regulars" in here (there are many) might say hello to anyone new checking out the forum. I've seen a lot of people posting pretty regularly and was curious myself. Some of you (I've found after reading many posts) have been in this industry a long time and have much to offer. This is a wonderful spot to get an idea of what isavailable for youand how to protect yourself when making the decision to add a spato your home environment.

I'm Amanda (in a spa sales position) I'm relatively new to the industry (approx 4 years) and have tried as hard as I can to consistantly learn as much as possible about my chosen profession. There are some amazingly brilliant people that have posted here for a long time and have an endless well of knowledge available to generously share with the public. :o I hope they will take the oportunity to give a shout out in this topic to those of you just now joining us. :wub:

Please let us know how long you've been in the profession and share your experience, what you've done, or contributed to the industry.

Against forum rules? ... I see 76 folks have looked at it and no other regulars have posted. What's that I see on the topic heading? ... egg? :)

I wasn't going to do this until I got even for the Batman thing but here goes!

I have been in the spa business for eleven years , spent all eleven years on the sales floor as a sales person and store manager. My experience in this business has been hands on at almost every level of retail, spent a fair share in the field with service techs and filled in as a tech as needed. I have completed tech training for 3 different manufactures of spas. I at one point spent two months in the field with the concrete and electrical crew learning abnout that aspect of the business (and snooping other brands of spas along the way) this ended when the heat in Phoenix started to spike in May. I went quickly back to the show room with my newly formed muscles from the wheel barrow and pick. I strive everyday to learn something new in this business. I strive to lead my team by the sleeve as thats where I wear my heart. Spa sales has braught an incredible high in my life, as every time I sell a spa to a new customer I get just as excited as the first spa I ever sold. Im excited for me and my accomplishments, the customer and the company at the same time. My college background is that of business management from the University Of Montana, (GO GRIZ!) I have a wife and 3 wonderful children who are my life and my world, they have been so great and supportive the entire 11 plus years, I say this because in successful retail you work weekends. Lastly I am proud and very happy to be allowed to enjoy the interaction on these boards, I feel almost everyone on these forums do so with integrity and pride. Sure I get harassed alot but I know SpaTech loves me deep down! :D I am in beautiful Denver and welcome everyone to stop by and introduce yourselves anytime! (everyone except Jim that is)Sheesh this is getting too long I dont know how Amanda does it!

Chas

20 years plus in the pool and spa biz.

Southern Cal, on the coast.

I generally aim for answers to questions which include both sides of any issues, to help the shopper decide by simply thinking about what they want a hot tub to add to their life. I think hot tubs are fun things to have, and that they can add to the quality of life, relationships and the comfort and well-being of just about anyone. I also tend to think that it is better for most people to simply stick with any of the major name-brand players.

Former Pastor and school teacher, my formal training is varied and spans over 8 years of secondary education, including four years of intensive training in aerospace vehicle technology, plus a one-year internship at NASA working with experimental aircraft.

Worked as a service manager for a chain of 13 pool patio and spa stores in the SF Bay area before relocating to Southern Cal.

Two offspring - Boy 22, Girl 16.

My wife and I have been married for 50 years - 25 each... ;)

I have a couple of retail stores - one with HotSpring and one with Caldera. I also do land speculating and development, a couple of other things, and my son has recently launched a business doing Web development. I had a pool service company for many years (50 accounts), but sold it not long ago. I also had a repair company handling pools, spas and portable hot tubs of all makes - including warranty work for Sundance and several others, but a back injury timed with the departure of a key employee ended that.

Oh, and I do not currently have a hot tub in my backyard !!

That's incredible backgrounds! Nice to meet you guys and know a little more. I didn't really think about saying what I did before but I guess it really does partain to where I'm at now.

I have a daughter who's six now and in first grade. I volunteer once a week for usually the whole day in her classroom. Very awsome to be a part of helping youngins learn to read. It's really hard for some and when you think about it there's a lot to develope in your brain to do it. I just think about them growing up and posting in educational forums. Many of you are encredibly eloquent!

My first "real" job was a food room clerk at Jenny Craig and within two years I managed the largest location in the region and was on my way to a regional position when I had the opportunity to become a stay at home mom for 2 years. This was a blessing that helped me mature a lot. I started a jewelry making business (approx 1-2 years) and did very well untill circumstances changed. I still have this as a hobbie. I entered into the work force again as a counselor for cemeteries and funeral homes for 3+ years and realized I may have to do that when my daughter is on her own as she is higher on my list of the emotional energy I have available. This is where I really learned how important life is. It changed me forever and I think of what trail I want to leave behind when I'm gone. I've learned to love spas and this carreer does demand a lot of weekends but allows me to volunteer and be a part of my daughters life away from home.

It looks as thought the wind has blown me this direction and I've been in this industry longer than any other. I do not have any collage degrees. I earned my diploma and was very involved in music instead of business or engineering. I'm very deticated to helping others (people/animals) any way I can and have a animal rescue center in my garage. Just on the side. Also involved in a band where I've just written a couple of songs in the last year and have performed them a few times.

I am an owner of my first new tub 4 years ago. I have had a few used freebies that I have fixed up in the last 15 years. I have been in the mechanical field (plumbing, piping, boiler, HVAC, architecual metals, insulation) for the last 25 years.

But I only vist here for the contraversy. Awww I guess I help once in a while.

Born in Manchester, England, served 23 years in the British navy, landed on the East coast of the States 15 years ago, tried various new careers until getting into the Pool & Spa industry 7 years ago. Found out I have a talent for selling spas, in particular Hotsprings & Tiger River. (In my best year I personally sold 175 spas for my company and over a 150 Pools.) I am now the sales manager for the company and we have 3 stores.

Married for the 3rd time, 4 kids, 29, 25, 4 & 1, this is not a typo! Have learned a lot from this and other spa forums.

Born in Manchester, England, served 23 years in the British navy, landed on the East coast of the States 15 years ago, tried various new careers until getting into the Pool & Spa industry 7 years ago. Found out I have a talent for selling spas, in particular Hotsprings & Tiger River. (In my best year I personally sold 175 spas for my company and over a 150 Pools.) I am now the sales manager for the company and we have 3 stores.

Married for the 3rd time, 4 kids, 29, 25, 4 & 1, this is not a typo! Have learned a lot from this and other spa forums.

Wow Guzzzz! So that would be two more kids since Top Gun. Congratulations! Amazing what they can do with modern medicine.

And welcome to the "Century Club." Didn't quite make it this year, but we'll get 'em next year!

;)

Wow Guzzzz! So that would be two more kids since Top Gun. Congratulations! Amazing what they can do with modern medicine.

And welcome to the "Century Club." Didn't quite make it this year, but we'll get 'em next year!

;)

Chas, I wondered if that was you. Nice to hear from you buddy.

I work for a dealer that has exclusively carried HotSpring and Tiger River Spas for going on 21 years. We have 3 stores (Tyler and Longview, TX and Shreveport, LA). I work primarily alone, but I do have a pretty red-haired underling that fills in for me while I'm doing off-site promotions. We are strictly a spa dealer and have a full-time in-house service department that only services our customers.

Before getting into the spa industry, I was a manufacturer's rep with a clientele including AT&T, Sharp, Sanyo, Halliburton, IBM, and Federal Express. It is amazing seeing how hi-tech some of the spas are from the leading manufacturer's. Technology driven spa companies are producing some truly remarkable products.

Oh, I am a staunch proponent of our Second Amendment Right's and am proud to be a Texan! I also enjoy helping shoppers on this and other forums, so feel free to give me a holler if you'd like the straight skinny on spas!

Terminator

Swimfan. Over 20 years experience as a consumer (homeowner and owner of new and used spas, hottubs, new pool, pool remodel.) I have dealt with factories, dealers, contractors, forum experts, lovers and lawyers, and have been abused by the best of them! Can't wait to get home to my Jacuzzi bathtub. :):)

Swimfan. Over 20 years experience as a consumer (homeowner and owner of new and used spas, hottubs, new pool, pool remodel.) I have dealt with factories, dealers, contractors, forum experts, lovers and lawyers, and have been abused by the best of them! Can't wait to get home to my Jacuzzi bathtub. :):)

Sorry you were abused , but at least your'e still :)