Down East Cape Cod Se 2007 Model Spa

lindal

I am wet testing one tomorrow. Any advice on what to ask about, etc.?

Any pros or cons about this model? What other brands are equivalent to wet test for comparison? I have a Hot springs dealer here in town and a Dynasty dealer close enough to wet test their brand.

I am really close to making my decision. Any help would be appreciated.

Linda

Apparently, there is no one out there with a Down East spa. That is okay I will go to another forum.

Thanks anyway!

I do not own a Down East but have seen several of there models up close and under the hood. They are Master Spa's value line and some are proving to be OK values. But I have repaired a few that were not that old and for a mid line spa I was suprised on the repairs.

And your going to have to give it more than a few hours for a response

what kind of repairs? Pump, leaks, etc.

I really liked the tub. I tested one with a lounger and did not care for the lounger in the Legend Series.

I want a waterfall. neck jets, foot massage jets, and a good value.

I stopeed at the Dynasty dealer after the Down East Soak. Dynsasty was reeling me in until I started asking questions. I am surprised that neither dealer(down east or dynasty) could answer my questions. Dynasty was a little better but I didn't like their answers. I was comparing the down east cpae code to the Teton. The teton only has one pump. It was not a good comparison to the Cape cod in my opinion. they didn't have any others in the $5000 range.

Any help is appreciated.

what kind of repairs? Pump, leaks, etc.

I really liked the tub. I tested one with a lounger and did not care for the lounger in the Legend Series.

I want a waterfall. neck jets, foot massage jets, and a good value.

I stopeed at the Dynasty dealer after the Down East Soak. Dynsasty was reeling me in until I started asking questions. I am surprised that neither dealer(down east or dynasty) could answer my questions. Dynasty was a little better but I didn't like their answers. I was comparing the down east cpae code to the Teton. The teton only has one pump. It was not a good comparison to the Cape cod in my opinion. they didn't have any others in the $5000 range.

Any help is appreciated.

Yes a 2 year old with a bad pump and a 1 year old with a bad pump seal. I also did one that had a fitting that had cracked for no apparent reason and the jet faces were very badly deteriorated after only 3 years. Now a couple of these repairs could of been from poor water care which is the number one reason for any repair, but I have seen other brands with worse water care hold up better.

• 2 weeks later...

Linda, good for you!

I didn't get a chance to respond earlier - but I almost decided on the Cape Cod as well. My wife and I ultimately decided to spend the extra money on the Legend series version of the same tub (LS 750). I think you really got a great value spa that you will enjoy. Mine arrives this Friday - I hope to do a report on it once I live with it for a while and can talk about maintenance costs, power usage, etc.

Linda, good for you!

I didn't get a chance to respond earlier - but I almost decided on the Cape Cod as well. My wife and I ultimately decided to spend the extra money on the Legend series version of the same tub (LS 750). I think you really got a great value spa that you will enjoy. Mine arrives this Friday - I hope to do a report on it once I live with it for a while and can talk about maintenance costs, power usage, etc.

congrats lindal and happy tubbin...we purchased a LSX700 and can

t wait to get it installed....have to pour concrete when weather warms up first....

• 7 months later...

It is now November 2007 and we still love our tub.

I don't seem to get in but about 3 times a week now. It was everyday at first.

I am glad that we made the purchase. Sometimes I think everyone is to critical and it scares people from buying one.

I know I looked for a year and was afraid that I would buy the wrong one by all the posts on this forum and others. I could not afford $10,000 for one.

Anyway, I just wanted to upadate and say we still love it. We have not had any problems with it. I did have a hard time at first keeping the water clear. I drained it and started over and it is now time for another refill. The water still looks great but it has been 7 months since the change. So, I will be changing the water this weekend for the prime soaking months ahead.

Still loving it!

• 1 month later...

Congrats on your new LSX700. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy my Down-East Windsor SE. You'll find that there are not a lot of really positive comments arounds here about Master Spa products. The fake home show traveling sales and a rebate scam several years back have cast a long dark shadow on the company's business practices. Overall the feedback on the spas themselves is a little more middle of the road, and your overall experience is likely to depend on the resposiveness of your dealer.

FYI, I recently found what I think is a pretty good deal on extra filters at this link

https://www.leisurehq.com/product_info.php?...1c3364427c2e3cd

Hope you're enjoying your tub right now. I know I will be within the hour :-)

Chris W

[woodcreat] Hi We just bought a LSX700 masterspa and would like to know how others with the same tub are doing with their's

I bought a LSX700 back in October 2007. So far I am happy with it although my electric bills have been much higher than what the sales person estimated. I was told it would average around $30 per month. My last bill was around $80...I am up in New England where electric rates are high (.14/KWA). Also, I use it every day...

Other than that, so far so good.

Congrats on your new LSX700. I hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy my Down-East Windsor SE. You'll find that there are not a lot of really positive comments arounds here about Master Spa products. The fake home show traveling sales and a rebate scam several years back have cast a long dark shadow on the company's business practices. Overall the feedback on the spas themselves is a little more middle of the road, and your overall experience is likely to depend on the resposiveness of your dealer.

FYI, I recently found what I think is a pretty good deal on extra filters at this link

https://www.leisurehq.com/product_info.php?...1c3364427c2e3cd

Hope you're enjoying your tub right now. I know I will be within the hour :-)

Chris W

Thanks for the link! I have a DownEast Exeter and think it's perfect. Master Spas is often bypassed in this forum when making recommendations and I think you nailed it on the head. The borderline marketing casts a veil of doubt over an otherwise well designed tub at a great price. Another thing that is mentioned is how they claim to have 72 jets when in fact they are claiming that each master blaster foot nozzle is 12 (X2 = 24 in my case) jets... when in reality it's one mega jet. The sad point is the master blaster foot jets are the best thing about the spa! Somehow they have managed to take the best part of the tub and make it sleazy salespitch BS. Someone needs a little smack down at Master Spa HQ :ph34r:

We looked at alot of spas and ours was a fraction of the cost (floor model at the fake show) and had the best design, features and function. It was a no-brainer! After looking for several months at all of the other brands we bought it on the spot. It's good to have a chance to say what's good... the product itself ...too bad about the presentation.

• 3 years later...

Still enjoying the Cape Cod.

I am on here looking for pool information and thought I would update my old posts on the Cape Cod.

I don't use it as often but I still love it.

Especially in those cooler months of the year.

The only thing that needs to be replaced now is the head rests. They are bubbling up. I can still use them but do not like the looks of them.

I have just taken them out of the tub and it looks fine.

Still Lovin it!