Titanium Coil Heater Vs Stainless Steel/incalloy 825 Heater

jandowood

. But it makes a great material for deflecting boiler tube particals. .

Wouldn't that be a moot point considering that both these spas use electric heaters? IMHO, titanium is a bit more resistant to corrosion since inconel 825 is still basically a nickel-steel alloy and is considered to have a mid range resistance to corrosion.

. But it makes a great material for deflecting boiler tube particals. .

Wouldn't that be a moot point considering that both these spas use electric heaters? IMHO, titanium is a bit more resistant to corrosion since inconel 825 is still basically a nickel-steel alloy and is considered to have a mid range resistance to corrosion.

Titanium can't be overlayed by welding. Inconel can. We primarily use Inconel as an overlay to protect against wear from direct flame.My point was it won't matter in a heater for a hot tub.

WoW, " Halogen Exposure!" Could you elaborate on that? This guy plans on not maintaning his chemicals I guess? Both are fine if you manage your water chemistry. I would only add that I have replaced many Sundance stainless heaters in my time because of "pin holes." I have not however replaced any Titanimum heater manifolds, that I am aware of. LOL. Stay away from anything made of copper, espically if you live on the coast. Sta- Right Maxy Therms are a leak waiting to happen. If in doubt,... plumb an anode into the system. You guys are really hard core. lol.

WoW, " Halogen Exposure!" Could you elaborate on that?

chlorine or bromine. Titanium stands up better. Stainless get 'pinholes' as you noted. This is why Sundance uses titanium in the Optima which is a higher tier spa than the Chelsea

You guys are really hard core. lol.

yep. :ph34r:;)