Drain + Refill: Superchlorinate Or Spa Flush?

WuhWuzzat

It's been almost 4 months since I received my J-280. I've adopted a relatively painless and effective bleach dosing method based on recommendations from the knowledgable members here. I purchased the tub new and it's been a pretty routine and uneventful break-in period with no algae outbreaks, cloudy water or otherwise. However, the time has come to change my water. My plan was to superchlorinate the tub similar to the decontam method which I did after taking delivery, but I'm wondering if using Spa System Flush might be more effective this time around. From what I understand you cannot do both treatments to the same body of water and I'd rather not drain + refill twice. So what's the verdict? Thanks.

I dident flush my hotsprings spa intill last week and its has been running for 2 and half years. I just drain and fill (4 MONTHS) and all has been fine. The only reason I flushed it this time was becouse it has never been done and was useing twice the clorine bleach as normal, all is fine again. I would say if its doing fine dont flush the spa just do a refill, The flushing when you get the new spa is to remove any by-products from mafactoring and maybe the water sat in pipes from testing. Mine was fine so I dident do that step. fLUSHING THE SPA WAS EASY, JUST TIME AND WATER, i ALSO GOT A PUMP TO DRAIN THE SPA WENT VERY FAST.

rICK

I wouldn't worry too much about decontam if you're not having problems of high sanitizer demand. I certainly would use an enzime spa flush. Remember "an ounce pf prevention is worth a pound of cure". A submersible pump is a worthwhile investment. It makes short work of the draining process. I just flushed and refilled mine this weekend but this time I added 50ppm of borax. Wasn't that difficult to do. The water looks and feels great!

If you have had no problems with your water chemistry and sanitizer demand then a simple drain and fill is really all that is needed. You don't need to decontaminate. As far as an enzyme product, I like to use one about once a year. I just think it's overkill to use one every drain and fill (unless you have been having problem with your water maintenance.)