Any Artesian Spa Owners Out There In Rhode Island?

angler

I am considering purchase of a Dove Canyon but am surprised at how few posts for Artesian spas are on the forums? Why so few? Are there few owners? I'm a bit wary with so little activity surrounding the Artesian name. Also, for those of you who own Artesian spas in the Rhode Island area, are you satisfied with the product and the dealer service you have been receiving? I am also considering a Sundance Cameo. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I am considering purchase of a Dove Canyon but am surprised at how few posts for Artesian spas are on the forums? Why so few? Are there few owners? I'm a bit wary with so little activity surrounding the Artesian name. Also, for those of you who own Artesian spas in the Rhode Island area, are you satisfied with the product and the dealer service you have been receiving? I am also considering a Sundance Cameo. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

There may not be many Artesian owners here, but they have a very good reputation on a lot of other boards. For example, check out all the positive reviews on rhtubs.com. Personally, I think the Platinum class tubs with their Direct Drive thing (or whatever you call it - the pumps plumbed directly to each group of jets) would be on my short list of the tubs I'd want if money was no object. Unfortunately, in my case money is an object..

Angler - hey! I'm an Artesian owner! We bought a Piper Glen (we actually wet tested the Dove Canyon). The Piper Glen is the "sister" tub to the Dove Canyon it just doesn't have a lounger. We LOVE it. We got it a couple of months ago. It's a great tub. There seems to be more Artesian owners on the "other" forum and I haven't heard a bad thing about them yet. The owners who posted on the "other" forum were all happy with their purchase. We live in Northern NJ. Just curious...what was the price you were quoted on the Dove Canyon? Ours was 10K.

Angler - hey! I'm an Artesian owner! We bought a Piper Glen (we actually wet tested the Dove Canyon). The Piper Glen is the "sister" tub to the Dove Canyon it just doesn't have a lounger. We LOVE it. We got it a couple of months ago. It's a great tub. There seems to be more Artesian owners on the "other" forum and I haven't heard a bad thing about them yet. The owners who posted on the "other" forum were all happy with their purchase. We live in Northern NJ. Just curious...what was the price you were quoted on the Dove Canyon? Ours was 10K.

Dove canyon with poly-Planar Stereo, LED light pkg, cover lifter, steps, chemical kit and delivery was $12,495 total. It seems kind of high to me. What do you think? Did your price include any options?

10K included LED lights, hydraulic cover lifter, chems, steps, and delivery...it didn't include tax and we weren't interested in the stereo. He gave us the same exact quote for the Dove Canyon. Did they give you a quote without the stereo? Is that price including tax? Seems a little high to me but I don't know how much the stereo goes for....

10K included LED lights, hydraulic cover lifter, chems, steps, and delivery...it didn't include tax and we weren't interested in the stereo. He gave us the same exact quote for the Dove Canyon. Did they give you a quote without the stereo? Is that price including tax? Seems a little high to me but I don't know how much the stereo goes for....

stereo is $1500.00 so price without stereo would be $11,000, tax not included.

stereo is $1500.00 so price without stereo would be $11,000, tax not included.

why would anyone in there right mind pay 1500 dollars for any kind of stereo for outside when you can get a real nice boom box or ipod and speakers for about 300.

[quote name=Roger' date='Mar 9 2007, 02:19 AM' post='21577] why would anyone in there right mind pay 1500 dollars for any kind of stereo for outside when you can get a real nice boom box or ipod and speakers for about 300. [/quote]

Roger - different folks like different things. The folks who buy tubs with sound systems from me usually like the fact that it is integrated into the tub. They don't want to have to provide power to something near the water, nor do they want to have to take something off the tub and go plug it in to charge - many of them do not want to have to deal with dead batteries when they are ready to soak, or having to replace batteries if they leave something running.

I have one customer who purchased the Spaudio system, and he is tired of putting batteries in the cd player. He wants me to upgrade him to Spaudio II so he can put an mp3 disc in the player, have ten hours of music and never have to deal with the player again.

I have other folks who run their iPod through the systems and love the fact that they can walk out and plug the iPod in but not have a speaker system or other system outside and visible.

And yes, I do have plenty of folks who put in a GFI-protected outlet near the tub just so they could put a boombox close by. Some have even built a raintite box or cabinet nearby so theycould put in a little better stereo components with outdoor speakers of various types.

I don't have a sound system in my current spa, and I really miss it. I don't want to mess with any extra equipment now that I have been spoiled.

B)

I'm in Ohio, not Rhode Island, but I own a Artesian Piper Glen and love it. It is a Rolls Royce type of hot tub. It was a close call for us between the Piper Glen and Dove Caynon. We have owned it for around 8 months and only problem we have had is a leak in LED light due to mfg and they came out and replaced all lights at no charge.

why would anyone in there right mind pay 1500 dollars for any kind of stereo for outside when you can get a real nice boom box or ipod and speakers for about 300.

I love my integrated mp3/cd player with a built in sub woofer and topside controll. Its waterproof and convenient. I just wish I had a floating remote :D But since the spa was only $4,000.00 to begin with I am happy.

. I just wish I had a floating remote :D

Is there an optional remote? You might be able to order one/add one on.

B)

I live in Northern NJ and am in the process of purchasing a Piper Glen, where did you buy and I am getting quoted 11K and another 1k for the radio. Please help.