New Tub'r Joining The Fray

Boonzer

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this board....so hello.

I have done a years worth of research and I'm taking delivery of an 06 Arctic, Frontier Legend Extreme.

First question: Did I get a good deal?

I got :

5 years parts and labor warranty, life time warranty on shell.

Delivery and set up (excluding electrical)

50 amp GFCI

Arctic Ozone

Cover Lift

Northern Lights

Forever Floor

5”-4” polar cover

Starter Chemical Kit

Stainless Steel Jets

cedar 3 tier steps, 4 pillows, the cedar bar, two stools and two robes thrown in.

I got this for $12,400 Canadian after tax....so some quick math...that' $10,644 before tax.

Still pretty freaking expensive.

The dealer is a young guy and his Dad owns a dealership in a bordering province. I'm a little worrid about service, but we'll play it by ear and hope for the best.

The next issue is chemicals....I'm a newbie so some of you will have to hold my hand till I get this figured out.

I hope to have years of posting goodness on this site.

Hi everyone,

I'm new to this board....so hello. I'm taking delivery of an 06 Arctic, Frontier Legend Extreme. Did I get a good deal for $10,644 before tax.

Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on your purchase! We wish you years of hot tubbing pleasure.

At a quick glance, I'd say that the MSRP on that package is almost twice what you paid; you got a lot of extras included. Other Arctic owners and dealers may comment on the package and pricing.

That particular father-son combination in the Maritimes has an excellent reputation for customer service AFAIK from letters we've received.

Welcome to the forum, and congratulations on your purchase! We wish you years of hot tubbing pleasure.

At a quick glance, I'd say that the MSRP on that package is almost twice what you paid; you got a lot of extras included. Other Arctic owners and dealers may comment on the package and pricing.

That particular father-son combination in the Maritimes has an excellent reputation for customer service AFAIK from letters we've received.

$10,644 Canadian is $9,074.92 usd. Given you got the bar and and stools that sounds like a nice deal to me.

Let me be the second one to welcome you to the board,

And the first one to welcome you to 'spatopia.'

I'm sure you'll enjoy your tub, and Tom will see to it that you get excellant sevice in the unlikely event you need any.

As to chem questions -

Ask away!!

B)

Let me be the second one to welcome you to the board,

And the first one to welcome you to 'spatopia.'

I'm sure you'll enjoy your tub, and Tom will see to it that you get excellant sevice in the unlikely event you need any.

As to chem questions -

Ask away!!

B)

Let me be the third one to welcome you to the board,

And the first one to say "soak long and prosper".

B)B)

:D

Thanks one and all for the welcomes.... a good bunch, is the feeling I get from reading the posts.

:ph34r: So..... what am I in for, chemical balance-wise? How often? how much a week? will the arctic ozone really help?

Also where can I find a nice chemical kit like I used to use in pools many moons ago? You know, add the drips and you read the colour change. Strips seems like it would be a bit of a waste over time.

:D

Thanks one and all for the welcomes.... a good bunch, is the feeling I get from reading the posts.

:ph34r: So..... what am I in for, chemical balance-wise? How often? how much a week? will the arctic ozone really help?

Also where can I find a nice chemical kit like I used to use in pools many moons ago? You know, add the drips and you read the colour change. Strips seems like it would be a bit of a waste over time.

I like the Taylor test kit available at rhtubs dot com.

As far as your water, if theres one thing I have learned it is to not panic and do not micro manage your water. Treat water balance and sanitation as 2 completely seperate things but one can effect the other slightly. Depending on your sanitizer choice, but I think Arctic pushes Bromine which I do not care for, but it is a simple regimine that should keep your water clean and clear out of the gate if you follow your dealers and the chemical manufacturers instructions. Water balance is simple once you understand that an adjustment to your PH or TA after your test, using the required product, should be left alone for a day. Then if another adjustment is required you again should wait a day to adjust again. Once you have figured out what your waters needs are it can sometimes be done all in one adjustment with maybe a few more required during the life span of your water (3-4 months) And in the mean time your sanitizer if done properly works away to keep your water clean and bacteria free. Your sanitizer will also fool with the waters balance, but one you know what effect your sanitizer has on your water it's easy to allow for that.

I like the strips due to the ease of use. If you run through a whole bottle in the first couple of weeks, like many of my customers, it is a great way to know that you are micromanaging as Roger has said.

A bottle of test strips should last a year.

The Taylor kit seems to be a fave around here, but I like Guardex myself.

Use whatever works for you - I keep a bottle of OTO handy. One drop right into the tub and you know if you have a chlorine level or not. That's handy if you are entertaining.

B)