Frankentub?

reeffreak

Yup... that's my babe alright. Been in it about 7 times today. It's soooo nice. It's right off the dining room so you simply drop your robe and jump in. No going outside to raise lids... getting feet dirty blah blah blah.

Just to confirm what I have been saying all along... I don't claim to be any expert at all when it comes to things directly related to the operation of a hot tub. This quote from that thread:

I will say though.... I'm quite new at the hot tub water chemistry. Keeping the water balanced and non cloudy seems some what of an art that I'm clearly not quite used to yet... and the price of these chemicals! I went to my local spa depot and said to the guy... I'm a rather ignorant beginner when it comes to this water treatment stuff...please help.

Yup... that's my babe alright. Been in it about 7 times today. It's soooo nice. It's right off the dining room so you simply drop your robe and jump in. No going outside to raise lids... getting feet dirty blah blah blah.

Just to confirm what I have been saying all along... I don't claim to be any expert at all when it comes to things directly related to the operation of a hot tub. This quote from that thread:

I will say though.... I'm quite new at the hot tub water chemistry. Keeping the water balanced and non cloudy seems some what of an art that I'm clearly not quite used to yet... and the price of these chemicals! I went to my local spa depot and said to the guy... I'm a rather ignorant beginner when it comes to this water treatment stuff...please help.

I really like the idea that you can soak with the lid down. It gives bathing suit options that I frankly don't have the confidence to try with my outdoor setup :D. I am worried that what appears to be floor materials and caulk will not last very long.

FYI, the in ground vinyl pool mfg's will build a liner to your specs that is engineered for your application. They aren't that expensive, especially compared to flood restoration $$. Or look into an epoxyglass layup finished with a good 2-part epoxy paint. This is how some of the larger coral propogators build ginormous plywood aquariums.

Well I built a sit-down shower stall with multiple shower heads about ten years ago using sheet flooring and it's still going strong so I'm pretty sure there won't be issues here.

The caulking is simply to finish the joint and has little to do with the actual seal. The sheet flooring actually wraps AROUND the edges of the the wood and is then tarred before screwed together. The joint in the end is 2 edges of flooring sandwiched together with tar and screws.... there really is no need for the caulking other than to make it look finished.

Could have fooled me with all the commotion you have been causing!rolleyes.gif

I've been trying to give you some guidance but I'm done with that. Good luck with your tub and your dealer!laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

I do understand now though. You wanted it posted in a pool/spa forum instead of a camcorder forum because you thought you would get a lot of strokes for your home brew project but I think you have burned a few bridges here already (and not just from me).

You wanted it posted in a pool/spa forum instead of a camcorder forum because you thought you would get a lot of strokes for your home brew project but I think you have burned a few bridges here already (and not just from me).

One problem with your assessment here... I didn't post this, nor did I say ANYTHING to ANYONE here about pictures of my tub in another forum.

I really like the idea that you can soak with the lid down. It gives bathing suit options that I frankly don't have the confidence to try with my outdoor setup :D.

Actually I should point out here that we swim naked with the top up too and don't have any neighborly issues. The jets I'm using on this tub are micro bubble jets. They create thousands of tiny little air bubbles to the point where they turn the water a milky white. Can't see a thing under the water so there is no danger in swimming naked.

Have a look at this video:

<Spam link removed>

You wanted it posted in a pool/spa forum instead of a camcorder forum because you thought you would get a lot of strokes for your home brew project but I think you have burned a few bridges here already (and not just from me).

One problem with your assessment here... I didn't post this, nor did I say ANYTHING to ANYONE here about pictures of my tub in another forum.

Never said you posted it, I just said you wanted it posted here so people would OHH and AHH over it. You've made that pretty clear that's what you want in your other threads. You want people to say that your ideas and your spa are wonderful and stroke your narcissistic ego. You really are pretty transparent and my assessment is right on the money!

Would you like to buy a clue?

Never said you posted it, I just said you wanted it posted here so people would OHH and AHH over it.

Come on now... tell the truth....Do I not strike you as a person who would have actively posted this here If I wanted it that way? Now... am I angry that it was posted? no. Am I ashamed? No. Does it bother me? No. But posting it here on this site with the wonderful welcoming committee of which I have been blessed with? No... sorry... not my first choice in places to post for the gain of ohh's and ahh's

Franken tub...lol

I honestly don't think you need to worry about anyone ogling over your project. I'm sure it took a considerable amount of time and effort but I'm sorry, it looks rather ghetto to me. I mean...a winch? Really??

Normally I'd keep thoughts such as this to myself, but in light of all your recent contrarian and agressive contributions here I thought I'd return the favor. Cheers!

Franken tub...lol

I honestly don't think you need to worry about anyone ogling over your project. I'm sure it took a considerable amount of time and effort but I'm sorry, it looks rather ghetto to me. I mean...a winch? Really??

Normally I'd keep thoughts such as this to myself, but in light of all your recent contrarian and agressive contributions here I thought I'd return the favor. Cheers!

Ghetto, yep that's the word! ROFLMAO!!!!!laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Describes his filter system also!

Lmao. And I thought my '94 Jetsetter was ghetto... I'm just kidding. Glad it works for you. But I think I would've done mine out of concrete. Pretty sure that one months electric bill would be able to pay for a brand new spa. That cover doesn't look very insulated/energy efficient. I too have a hot tub right off my dining room, the only difference is that mine is made by HotSprings, not BobsHotTubCo...

Nice job. Great concept. The Titanic was built by professional, Noah's Arch by an amateur.

OP1

Nice job. Great concept. The Titanic was built by professional, Noah's Arch by an amateur.

OP1

I think Noah had someone watching over his work and maybe gave him a few pointers here and there (subliminally of course)!

OP1

I think Noah had someone watching over his work and maybe gave him a few pointers here and there (subliminally of course)!

I think I used the same person on many of my projects. Gotten me home a couple of times too.

OP1