Slammed With Spam

Another forum I frequent had a spam problem much like this one. They added about 20 moderators, from the ranks of their regular forum posters.

Now If they get spam messages, they only last minutes and spam attempts have fallen drastically.

Just a suggestion.

Dave

could you add Captcha to the new member sign up screen--or maybe that's already a feature?

sadly, I don't visit much anymore, this forum has been destroyed by spam. It's been that way for a few months now and seems to be getting worse. Last time I commented in a thread like this, it was deleted.

Several of us have volunteered to be moderators, I can delete spam with the best of them, but those permissions are held tightly by a small few.

DK117

could you add Captcha to the new member sign up screen--or maybe that's already a feature?

sadly, I don't visit much anymore, this forum has been destroyed by spam. It's been that way for a few months now and seems to be getting worse. Last time I commented in a thread like this, it was deleted.

Several of us have volunteered to be moderators, I can delete spam with the best of them, but those permissions are held tightly by a small few.

DK117

I am the same way. This spam is completely out of control. There are currently over 70 spam threads, just on the first page. There is way more spam than hot tub threads. It's a shame to as this forum used to be a very good place to visit for good hot tub information, but not anymore. It's just a matter of time I bet, and this will be shut down because of the spam! :(

It is a shame - it used to be such a great, helpful forum. Not only do we have numerous spam threads, there are spam postings in legitimate threads. It makes the annoyance of having to decline the offer to download hot tubs guides everytime we visit seem ALMOST tolerable.