Divine Spa / Clear Water Spa At Costco

walleye

Well, here is another to ask about. COSTCO now has "Divine Spa's", made by Clear Water Spa's. From everything I can find on Clear Water Spa's, they seem to be a very good tub. They are not as inexpensive as the others offered at COSTCO, other than the obvious shorter warranty you will give up (like all COSTCO tubs) How are these tubs? Anyone with any experience with them? I like the fact they have a circulation pump and I like the fact they are not a full foam tub. I do not want a full foam tub, that's just me. Anyway, all comments will be welcomed by me. Every time I get close to purchasing a tub, something comes up. I will have one before fall, that's all I know for sure. Thanks all.

Yup I am Marky Mark on the other forum....whats your point? I am trying to learn something here and there. If it would be of interest to you I have other forum names as well. Do you want to know them? I just don't get whats up with your comment here, very confusing. Back to the topic, unless you answered on the other forum under another name, what is your honest opinon of the Clear Water Spa? By the way I just posted there as well in a reply to Elf. Was that You?

Here is my post from the other forum. From Marky Mark. (thats me) Feel free to give my advice as that is what I want. Thanks

MarkyMark,

are you in the market for a tub, or are you a servicetech or salesman, on the other thread you said you did not like full foam,,,,then you are this one about the COstco tub be Clearwater,, not sure of this model, but i also sell Clearwater, as well as D1, i can tell you the ins and outs of both....,, i like both but lean toward the foam side... but on a thermal chamber i will only sell with the 24/7 circ pump, I know that Clearwater offers a Costco road show, but did not know they are supplying them to Costco. i will have to check that out...But curious on how you came to the decision of the insulating of the tub to make your purchase...

ELF: LOL! I am far from a spa salesman or a spa tech. In fact, I have never owned a spa or worked on one. I have only been in one a few times, hardly a expert. I don't know where you get I am a full foam fan, on this thread as on others, I state I do not want one. So there is some confusion there, but no harm on this end. I have a bad back I have lived with most of my life, and hot showers and such help out quite a bit. I also have a perfect spot in my new home for a spa, so I have decided to get one. No troll here, I promise. Trouble is getting a honest opinion anywhere on the net. Full of trolls and dealers. I base my opinion on full foam VS not only as a result of my own reading and learning, picking through the biased replies. No doubt I believe they are superior in making a tub more solid, especially if you plan on moving it, which I do not. I am also convinced, that if you live in a warmer climate, which I do, the thermal panes are much better than they used to be. In fact, the newer ones claim better R value than full foam. True or not, I like the fact they are efficient enough with today's technology and I really don't like the idea of ripping and respraying foam if not needed. Also, I am what I consider to be at least decently mechanically inclined, and if I need to repair a pump or leak 5 years down the road, I want EZ access. But that is a matter of opinion, no right answer, just a personal preference. Back to the topic, I know Costco has had a terrible reputation, but I am also willing to admit that they have done much better over the past 2-3 years. People still hammer them from previous mistakes. The owners of the Evolution Spas are for the most part quite happy from what I can find. As you know Evolution is made by Strong. Divine is made by Clear Water, which is what this thread is about. I think they are a decent spa, again based only on what I read. A 5 years ago the things I read were not so good about Clear Water, but they have made big improvements on their products. Anyway, I know Hot Springs and Sundance and so on make good spas, but it seems everybody is convinced that if you don't pay 6-10K on a spa they have to be junk. I don't believe it anymore. I think it has become very competitive. So tell me your honest opinion on Clear Water Spa's? Decent for the money or not? Thanks Elf. I am being totally honest, I want a tub but want a non foamed decent Spa at the best price. I will be a first time ever spa owner. Looking for non biased advice.

PS: This does have a 24 hr circ pump.

Walleye,

Yes that is me i had to add the EJF because could not use the spa guy other wise i would have,,, was not trying to cause a stink on the name,, just the spam thing.... thats great you are trying to learn,, you saw my post on your thread which i just replied again,, and in my post i notesd that you are not a fan of foam no the other way.... there was my hoest opinion of them, the only thing i can add, is it is a littler tougher to get throught to the techs than my other manufacturers.. usually have to leave a mesasage and wait for a call back, and not have in a parts book makes it a little tougher,,, that would be my gripe with them...again as i said i have nothing to hide.....

bdubya i know you have not been on here as long as some of us,, did not want this to be another like Master spa salesman showing up then disappearing,,, di you ever see any of those threads...thats why i asked.... B)

but it seems everybody is convinced that if you don't pay 6-10K on a spa they have to be junk. I don't believe it anymore.

I don't think this is true at all. As a matter of fact I don't see anyone saying that if you don't spend 6-10k they are junk. I do however believe that if you spend less you get less. Less hydrotherapy, less fit and finish, less quality, less longevity, less service and more. This is what I see in the post's. Maybe I am blind. But this is also what my experience has shown me. If you spend less you get less almost all the time. There are some exceptions where you spend more and still get less than what you should of. But I have never seen any tub sell for 3-4 grand that was the same overall and as good as if you spend 6-8 grand, never.

but it seems everybody is convinced that if you don't pay 6-10K on a spa they have to be junk. I don't believe it anymore.

I don't think this is true at all. As a matter of fact I don't see anyone saying that if you don't spend 6-10k they are junk. I do however believe that if you spend less you get less. Less hydrotherapy, less fit and finish, less quality, less longevity, less service and more. This is what I see in the post's. Maybe I am blind. But this is also what my experience has shown me. If you spend less you get less almost all the time. There are some exceptions where you spend more and still get less than what you should of. But I have never seen any tub sell for 3-4 grand that was the same overall and as good as if you spend 6-8 grand, never.

There are a lot of junk spas out there in the $4-6k range for sure but there are some good options at those price points too if you know what to look for and don't get blinded by shiny objects and fake/BS specs designed to make you think you're getting more than reality. You give up some in certain areas but the key is not to get appreciably less quality-wise and this is the tough part because its not readily seen.

At the same time, buying a spa in the $6-10+k range is no guarantee that'll you'll get a top notch spa either (for instance, I'd take my chances with a lot of $5k spas before I'd spend big bucks for a Master which often sells for a pretty penny).

No i did not assume thats why i asked the question. If you have seen on hear over the years we have some people show up, spout their junk( which everyone has an opinion on here which i can respect. but they blab they have the best and start putting up so called facts, you show they are wrong. You point them out and they disapear, Most of us on here are on multiple forums with the same name or as close as we can get... So i do not have a problem with going on both forums thats not the point here. There are multiple posts on both forums form the same names not different,, so if you read the rest of the replys Walleye( MarkyMark sees were we are coming from...I don't have a problem sharing my knowledge with everyone. ;)

• 1 month later...

Anyone get one of these yet? Wonder how they compare to the "Strong" brand? I've been looking for a 4 person tub with a lounger, which isn't easy, and this Divine tub has it!

http://www.costco.com/Browse/ProductSet.aspx?Prodid=11653295&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&eCat=BC|50126|87124|4640&N=4047223&Mo=11&pos=0&No=4&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=4640&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1〈=en-US&Sp=C&ec=BC-EC33047-Cat87124&topnav=

Divine Hot Tubs™

DL-420 Deluxe

65-jet 4-person Spa

Hope someone has bought one and can give their thoughts, or thought on this brand.

Anyone get one of these yet? Wonder how they compare to the "Strong" brand? I've been looking for a 4 person tub with a lounger, which isn't easy, and this Divine tub has it!

http://www.costco.com/Browse/ProductSet.aspx?Prodid=11653295&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&eCat=BC|50126|87124|4640&N=4047223&Mo=11&pos=0&No=4&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=4640&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1〈=en-US&Sp=C&ec=BC-EC33047-Cat87124&topnav=

Divine Hot Tubs™

DL-420 Deluxe

65-jet 4-person Spa

Hope someone has bought one and can give their thoughts, or thought on this brand.

12 hydrotherapy jets and 53 bullet jets that do nothing but move water. But they got lights! Clearwater makes a good tub but I am sure they cut some corners to make the Costco price point. Almost 6 grand, have you checked around at your local dealers. For six grand you can get a better warranty and delivery and set up. Probably have less total jets but most likely more hydrotherapy type jets.

• 5 months later...

I bought a Strong/Evolution spa ElementsII from Costco last October and I'm very happy with it. Paid $5K including tax and delivery. Called a spa mover form Craigslist and they put it in place for $150.00. My electrical came to $1K, was a fairly long run and had to replace the panel in my pool house to accommodate the extra load. I tested a Sundance spa at the local dealer and could not see my self spending 5K more for their product. Mine is not a full foam spa which I preferred and have it currently running in the Economy Mode, meaning it only heats during the filter cycles twice a day. My temp loss is 2 degrees during that time. O.K, I live in So Cal but our night time temps drop to near or below freezing as I live further inland. What I learned on this forum is that most of the so called Experts will never give you a straight answer when it comes to Costco products, they are all "cheap" alternatives in their view. It's kind of like you're looking for a truck and buy one for 30K and people tell you the BMW for 60K is better. For sure Costco had their share of lemons but I thing the Strong product is not one of them. Any questions are answered when you call them and any problems have been resolved right away as past post will show you if you search this forum. Some people on here even stated that they experiencing an approx. 10 to 1 service call ratio on Strong spas to others...funny thing is you never see anybody posting here having problems. Do your research, find what you like/need and take the criticism on Costco products with a grain of salt.

I bought a Strong/Evolution spa ElementsII from Costco last October and I'm very happy with it. Paid $5K including tax and delivery. Called a spa mover form Craigslist and they put it in place for $150.00. My electrical came to $1K, was a fairly long run and had to replace the panel in my pool house to accommodate the extra load. I tested a Sundance spa at the local dealer and could not see my self spending 5K more for their product. Mine is not a full foam spa which I preferred and have it currently running in the Economy Mode, meaning it only heats during the filter cycles twice a day. My temp loss is 2 degrees during that time. O.K, I live in So Cal but our night time temps drop to near or below freezing as I live further inland. What I learned on this forum is that most of the so called Experts will never give you a straight answer when it comes to Costco products, they are all "cheap" alternatives in their view. It's kind of like you're looking for a truck and buy one for 30K and people tell you the BMW for 60K is better. For sure Costco had their share of lemons but I thing the Strong product is not one of them. Any questions are answered when you call them and any problems have been resolved right away as past post will show you if you search this forum. Some people on here even stated that they experiencing an approx. 10 to 1 service call ratio on Strong spas to others...funny thing is you never see anybody posting here having problems. Do your research, find what you like/need and take the criticism on Costco products with a grain of salt.

Sigh… but none of us are telling you that you should have gotten a $60K BMW instead of a $30k truck. I only roll my eyes that you compared a $10k Sundance to your $5k Strong when shopping. Nobody was ever saying you should have gotten a premium $10k Sundance instead. What some are saying is that if you were going to look at other alternatives to a Costco spa the proper comparisons would have been spa offerings such as a Marquis E-series spa or a Hot Spring Hot Spot or a Sundance 680 series spa... NONE of those are anywhere near $5k more than a Strong. Hopefully your Strong works out for you but please don't try to make it sound like we were advising you to buy a $60k BMW instead.

If you must buy a Clearwater, call the factory and ask for Larry Richards, he will screw any of his dealers out of a sale in a heartbeat.

If you are a Clearwater dealer, and you should know that they don't honor your territory and will gladly sell direct anywhere, ask anyone who is an ex-dealer of Clearwater.

Sigh… but none of us are telling you that you should have gotten a $60K BMW instead of a $30k truck. I only roll my eyes that you compared a $10k Sundance to your $5k Strong when shopping. Nobody was ever saying you should have gotten a premium $10k Sundance instead. What some are saying is that if you were going to look at other alternatives to a Costco spa the proper comparisons would have been spa offerings such as a Marquis E-series spa or a Hot Spring Hot Spot or a Sundance 680 series spa... NONE of those are anywhere near $5k more than a Strong. Hopefully your Strong works out for you but please don't try to make it sound like we were advising you to buy a $60k BMW instead.

I never stated that, it is the negative attitude against a product some don't like and ultimately references bad quality. Some here have no idea that certain features of a spa has nothing to do with quality of the product itself. Spa X can have a lot of whistles and bells and if I don't need them I don't pay for them. Still has nothing to do with quality.

That is all I'm saying, nothing else.

I never stated that, it is the negative attitude against a product some don't like and ultimately references bad quality. Some here have no idea that certain features of a spa has nothing to do with quality of the product itself. Spa X can have a lot of whistles and bells and if I don't need them I don't pay for them. Still has nothing to do with quality.

That is all I'm saying, nothing else.

Huh? I responded to the words you wrote. You said "I tested a Sundance spa at the local dealer and could not see my self spending 5K more for their product." and then you added "It's kind of like you're looking for a truck and buy one for 30K and people tell you the BMW for 60K is better."

If you decided on a Strong thats fine but why mention the $10k Sundance as if that was ever a good comparison. Then your other comment using an example that indicates people would tell you to by the car that is 2x the cost of a truck you wanted is clearly a way of saying people here are recommending $10k spas instead of these $5k Strong spas which is just not accurate.

No spa pro here would tell you that you should be looking at a $10k Sundance instead of a $5k Strong but rather we might suggest some of the many mid-level brands companies like Sundance, Hot Springs, Marquis, etc. have to offer that compare well to that Costco offering.

I imagine if you told that Sundance dealer you visited that you were considering a Strong from Costco he would have showed you something that was more appples to apples just as if you were considering buying a $30k truck and let it be known to another dealer he wouldn't try to sell you on a $60k car as an alternative but instead would offer you something that compares similarly to that $30k truck.

You know of course ST that it really is pointless to try and convince someone who paid 5K for X spa that it truely is different than Y spa for 10K

I agree on the feature difference but not on the quality difference...and that is my mayor point and that is also pointless to discuss with you...because you don't want to hear that.

End of story and the pissing contest!

You know of course ST that it really is pointless to try and convince someone who paid 5K for X spa that it truely is different than Y spa for 10K

I agree on the feature difference but not on the quality difference...and that is my mayor point and that is also pointless to discuss with you...because you don't want to hear that.

So your saying that brand X for 5 grand has as much R&D and quality control and uses the same quality components as brand Y for 8-10 grand?

Reiner - Glad to hear that you are enjoying your tub. I don't think the "experts' are suggesting that when "you're looking for a truck and buy one for 30K and people tell you the BMW for 60K is better". They are saying that if you want to keep price down, for the price of a Costco spa there are alternatives with better hydrotherapy, better warranty, ability to try before you buy, a manufacturer that has a longer track record, more convenient service and repair, and installation handled by the dealer. You are very fortunate that the tub you bought, which I believe has a lounger, fits you properly since loungers are known to not work well for a wide range of people and it varies greatly from tub to tub. Some buyers of Costco spas, even those that do not have loungers, have reported that the tubs do not fit them well. Many buyers, when dropping $5000 on a product like to be certain that it will work well for them first. This was appaently not a concern for you and fortunately it worked out. Enjoy your tub!