Leaking Hot Tub

Came home from work today and noticed my hot tub had drained to the first level of jets. I looked for leaks and found none. I noticed a lot of bubbles and air pockets in a few of the lines. I cant tell where the leak is. I runed off the pumps to see if it drains when it is turned off. If not.... ANY IDEAS?

Came home from work today and noticed my hot tub had drained to the first level of jets. I looked for leaks and found none. I noticed a lot of bubbles and air pockets in a few of the lines. I cant tell where the leak is. I runed off the pumps to see if it drains when it is turned off. If not.... ANY IDEAS?

No visable water anywhere? Did you take the equipment panel off?

I looked everywhere, I don't see any water. I filled the tub and turned it off and woke up this morning and it had drained again. It stopped draining at the first set of jets. I'm thinking there could be a leak anywhere along those lines. Just cant find it.

I looked everywhere, I don't see any water. I filled the tub and turned it off and woke up this morning and it had drained again. It stopped draining at the first set of jets. I'm thinking there could be a leak anywhere along those lines. Just cant find it.

came home from work today. its even less water than before. if it keeps draining, i should be able to find the leak.

came home from work today. its even less water than before. if it keeps draining, i should be able to find the leak.

still draining, i hope it continues. i see no water anyhere

Is this a portable spa, or in-ground? If the spa has a plywood floor, look very closely for a leak running to the seam, in the middle. Any leak that large that isn't just flooding the floor of the spa is finding a quick way out, where it is soaked up out of view under the spa.

Is this a portable spa, or in-ground? If the spa has a plywood floor, look very closely for a leak running to the seam, in the middle. Any leak that large that isn't just flooding the floor of the spa is finding a quick way out, where it is soaked up out of view under the spa.

That's the problem. It's a really old hot tub. It was delivered in 1994. The plywood floor isnt much of a floor anymore. The day it leaked, my kids had a sleepover and were playing in it for a while. They kept turning the jets on and off the whole time.

It looks like it has stopped leaking. I'm wondering if pump is leaking. Like I said before, I hear a strange gurgling and see a large bubble every once in a while. Chances are that is the problem??? Unless its a loose line somewhere and thats where its releasing the air?

That's the problem. It's a really old hot tub. It was delivered in 1994. The plywood floor isnt much of a floor anymore. The day it leaked, my kids had a sleepover and were playing in it for a while. They kept turning the jets on and off the whole time.

It looks like it has stopped leaking. I'm wondering if pump is leaking. Like I said before, I hear a strange gurgling and see a large bubble every once in a while. Chances are that is the problem??? Unless its a loose line somewhere and thats where its releasing the air?

I don't think you'll actually hear the leak.

But if you suspect the pump, can you look at it? Run your under it?

I don't think you'll actually hear the leak.

But if you suspect the pump, can you look at it? Run your under it?

I didnt think I would hear the leak, but I thought the air in the lines could be a sign of something wrong. Regardless... It is still draining. Right now it is completely empty, just like I drained it myself. I wonder if something came loose on the drain or if something came loose where the water pumps out of the drain lines into the pump? It's almost completely dry.

I cant tell if there is any water under anything. I have a gravel base and cant see any water.

look at the pump seal for a leak and do you have a floor drain? could one of the kids step on it and crack it? leaks can be a bugger 3 hours labour for a .30 part is a hard one to payfor good luck

look at the pump seal for a leak and do you have a floor drain? could one of the kids step on it and crack it? leaks can be a bugger 3 hours labour for a .30 part is a hard one to payfor good luck

Actually came on here to tell you exactly that!!! The kids must have stepped on it and cracked it. Looks like an easy fix??????

Depending on where that drain is, you may have to tip the spa on its side.

I can actually get to both sides of the drain. Will it just screw off? Havent really had much of a chance to check it out. Same kids that broke are keeping it broken!

If there's no nut on the backside to loosen, then the face is threaded on.

I think there is a nut on the backside, but I cant tell completely without putting it on its side. Looks like a nut that is completely covered with silicone.