Gfi Breaker Failure

beaner

Good evening everyone:

I am looking for some opinions on ground fault breaker failures.

We had 1 out of 3 pumps on our Arctic Tundra not working. The guy came out to fix it and tried multiple things to try and figure out the problem. Turns out it was a burned out relay and a failed main board. When the guy got to our house we had power to the tub. He was testing and tripped the breaker. I reset it and it worked. He tripped it again and then it would not reset. Before he came, we had power. After he was there, we did not have power. Seems to be related to me. I have attempted to get the dealer to pay for the $275 breaker and they tell me it is a coincidence that it failed while they were there. Am I out of line thinking they fried the breaker?

Thanks,

Beaner

Good evening everyone:

I am looking for some opinions on ground fault breaker failures.

We had 1 out of 3 pumps on our Arctic Tundra not working. The guy came out to fix it and tried multiple things to try and figure out the problem. Turns out it was a burned out relay and a failed main board. When the guy got to our house we had power to the tub. He was testing and tripped the breaker. I reset it and it worked. He tripped it again and then it would not reset. Before he came, we had power. After he was there, we did not have power. Seems to be related to me. I have attempted to get the dealer to pay for the $275 breaker and they tell me it is a coincidence that it failed while they were there. Am I out of line thinking they fried the breaker?

Thanks,

Beaner

I could be coincidence. But it also could be related. There's really no way to tell. It seems to me that tripping it would not cause failure. Failure was coming anyway. It may have been that it would of lasted a while more but failure was iminent.

• 2 weeks later...

Same thing happened to me, but my GFI breaker I think was faulty and didn't trip when it should of, and it fried my mainboard. $500 for a Board and $275 for a breaker...ouch... The breaker was almost 10 years old and the electrician told me that over time they will get "weak", that is why they have a "test" button, so you can make sure they are working.