Tax Incentive - New Tub

Tubber McGee

I once heard that if you have a medical condition such as back issues that can be verified by a Physician - that you can somehow claim this on your taxes or have some tax incentive!

Anyone heard of this or is this incorrect information!?!?

Thanks

as stated very very tough to do...same goes for being "prescribed" hydrotherapy from your doctor to allow insurance to cover a portion of your tub...my mother had a very serious back injury a few years back (broke a couple vertebrae) she was also a government employee with exceptional insurance and even she could not get approved, her doctor told her years ago it was much easier and insurance companies were much more lenient, but of course a few rotten apples have to spoil it for the bunch so now it is near impossible according to him anyways

There are deductions, both State & Federal, with numerous prescriptions and sworn statements on NEED, Not advantages of hydro-therapy (possibly your 1st born) required. I don’t think I’d have any problems with those from numerous surgeons, podiatrists & the like. My accountant has only seen it get by one time, out of about 12 attempts. His pretty convinced it would flag you for an audit toot sweet. As someone has already stated, once you are sitting in your tub, a possible tax deduction is the last thing you are thinking about.

Good Luck & let us know what you decide.

Can't speak for countries outside of the UK but here it is indeed true, I suffer from serious back pain and after spending a small fortune for years at a physio it was suggested to me that a hot tub could be beneficial. At this point I knew nothing about getting the tub minus the VAT but it was the tub suppliers (all of them) that told me I could claim the VAT back by getting a note from either the physio or doctor.

I must say that in the past 8-9 months of getting and using the tub on a regular basis I have had very little back trouble now (touch wood).