Dimension 1, Master Spa, Hotspring, Sundance

cyclist

just to let a couple of you know. i never said the other brands were bad. but theres a reason hot springs is the number one selling spa. theyre the only spa who has gotten the consumer digest best buy award every time. the others cant say that. as far as exclusive. its not exclusively made by someone. hot springs make things like their jets in house. they are hot springs jets. if you want facts google it. ive sold many brands. serviced many brands. its rare if you see a 20-30 year old d1. i havent heard of one. but i see hot springs 20+ years old all the time. and those 20+ year old models have recirculation pumps, ozonators, theyre are full foamed. blah blah blah. D1 didnt do that for a long time later.

if their layout doesnt fit you well, then it would be silly to buy something that would be uncomfortable. and you should try something else. but when i d1 or sundance or anything else has all the features that a $6k hot tub has. why pay that much extra.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

did you know that Consumer Digest is a buy in to get to use the insignia, Sundance, Jacuzzi,D1, Hot Srings, Master,Marquis, Cal Spas, Columbia ,Caldera, Artesian,Thermos Spas, to name just a few....The manufacturer buys into it....I have sold many brands as well, Its funny how you attack the D1 line here on the older ones...Whats even funnier with this i have a 1992 Dimension One . and let it is foamed, and ozone,they did also have circ pumps in them like Sundance, Marquis, And as for features Most have spas in the lower range that are comparable and fit and function and comfort are there....And are you sure as to when D1 used or did not use foam? It does n't matter to me but to be still making tubs since close to the beginning as Sundance and Hot springs started making....Its also funny How all the manufacturers spin on words. Largest Manufacturer, The best , The Biggest , The number brand, The number seller of spas....how does one really know who sells more than anyone else..To me i could really care less. but the use of these words drives me crazy.....

did you know that Consumer Digest is a buy in to get to use the insignia, Sundance, Jacuzzi,D1, Hot Srings, Master,Marquis, Cal Spas, Columbia ,Caldera, Artesian,Thermos Spas, to name just a few....The manufacturer buys into it....I have sold many brands as well, Its funny how you attack the D1 line here on the older ones...Whats even funnier with this i have a 1992 Dimension One . and let it is foamed, and ozone,they did also have circ pumps in them like Sundance, Marquis, And as for features Most have spas in the lower range that are comparable and fit and function and comfort are there....And are you sure as to when D1 used or did not use foam? It does n't matter to me but to be still making tubs since close to the beginning as Sundance and Hot springs started making....Its also funny How all the manufacturers spin on words. Largest Manufacturer, The best , The Biggest , The number brand, The number seller of spas....how does one really know who sells more than anyone else..To me i could really care less. but the use of these words drives me crazy.....

well id love to see where you can buy into that. and yeah a 1992 might have those things but what about one that was built in the 70's or 80's. i refered back to a d1 because that was what was mentioned to me. silly spa guy, spa forums arnt for kids.

You go The Spa Guy..! I have to agree with you, there is morre than one manufacturer in this forum that make quality products.

O.k Junior member, I think if you look back at my posts i inluded several brands not just one ...O.k on the Consumer Digest Best BUy....would you say that it has merit when Thermospas , Cal Spas there also, I can't answer back in the 70s and 80s i wasan't there, But i will find oout , I am curious....and as for this forum not. Kids.......

O.k Junior member, I think if you look back at my posts i inluded several brands not just one ...O.k on the Consumer Digest Best BUy....would you say that it has merit when Thermospas , Cal Spas there also, I can't answer back in the 70s and 80s i wasan't there, But i will find oout , I am curious....and as for this forum not. Kids.......

i honestly didnt know thermospa got one, but i tried to look it up and cant find where they did. i think cal spas are great spas. well they have several series and the ones like the old avalons or the new platinum and classics are good. but they have lower series that are not the same quality.

swozadio,

A couple of places you can find it, Poolandspa.com. In their brochure, , Soory not agreeing on the Cal thing we have experience with them......And if i remember Hot Springs and D1 both started in 1977, Sundance in 80, Cal in 79, And Jacuzzi with one of the first modern day tubs with the lowboy line in the 70's, Clearwater even in 76, And in 1981 the first fully insulated above ground hot tub and inground in the industry was D1. Just a few things. like i said you gotta love it....

Don't ignore the Master Spa's if you can find a dealer. Most of the bad comments here come from those selling other tubs, trying to jack up their own product. Master Spa has good tubs with great features. Other than a slightly noisy circ pump, I love mine.

I posted earlier in this forum and now I think everyone is getting a little off track. As I said in my post above, My wife and I just purchased a Sundance Optima (will be delivered Friday January 28th), but before purchasing I did about 2 months research as well as Dry & Wet Testing. All these tubs mentioned based on my research are very good (didn't research Master) and I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. To me they are all of the same quality, have many of the same features and if you compare apples to apples they should fall in a similar price range. Once we Dry & Wet tested the tubs, we listed likes & dislikes for each and made our final decision on the Sundance Optima (spent more than we originally planned, but we think it's worth it). Of course some on here work for or sell a brand, so there opions are a little biased, but based on my research the top tubs are Sundance, Caldera, D1, Hot Springs and maybe Jacuzzi. :D

I posted earlier in this forum and now I think everyone is getting a little off track. As I said in my post above, My wife and I just purchased a Sundance Optima (will be delivered Friday January 28th), but before purchasing I did about 2 months research as well as Dry & Wet Testing. All these tubs mentioned based on my research are very good (didn't research Master) and I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. To me they are all of the same quality, have many of the same features and if you compare apples to apples they should fall in a similar price range. Once we Dry & Wet tested the tubs, we listed likes & dislikes for each and made our final decision on the Sundance Optima (spent more than we originally planned, but we think it's worth it). Of course some on here work for or sell a brand, so there opions are a little biased, but based on my research the top tubs are Sundance, Caldera, D1, Hot Springs and maybe Jacuzzi. :D

The other factor is that buying a spa is like buying shoes. You really need to "try it on" to see if it fits you (and your wallet) properly!biggrin.gif

The other factor is that buying a spa is like buying shoes. You really need to "try it on" to see if it fits you (and your wallet) properly!biggrin.gif

The "wet test" is really something that I can't stress enough. I would not have figured that this would make much of a difference but it really did. Whether you're buying for yourself or you and your spouse you should make sure that the primary users will enjoy it and be comfortable with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't ignore the Master Spa's if you can find a dealer. Most of the bad comments here come from those selling other tubs, trying to jack up their own product. Master Spa has good tubs with great features. Other than a slightly noisy circ pump, I love mine.

Bingo! Maybe someday the competition will learn that bashing a product doesn't work. If I had a nickel for every time a customer came in and said, "Your competitors talked so bad about your product, I had to see it for myself!" Then they buy one!

I guess it is no wonder our competitors don't like us. People tend like our spas better. So the Master name gets dragged through the mud with the hopes that "you the consumer" will stay away. Make your own decisions based on reputable information, and not on anecdotal BS.

The decision was made today. The winner for us was the Sundance Optima. We ended up spending a bit more than we initially planned but after wet testing all the models we were interested in and circling back for the final call the Optima was the one that worked best for us. The deciding factors for us were the foot hump in the middle as well as the way the seating position that fit my wife best. I found several seats were very comfortable for me and I liked the feel of the jets and the options it had. Thanks to all that responded. This forum was extremely helpful.

Would like to hear back from "mouth" on how you like your spa as it should have been delivered by now. We're not taking delivery till end of March or early April as the area it's going to be installed in is having some construction work done and we want that complete before it's delivered.

The decision was made today. The winner for us was the Sundance Optima. We ended up spending a bit more than we initially planned but after wet testing all the models we were interested in and circling back for the final call the Optima was the one that worked best for us. The deciding factors for us were the foot hump in the middle as well as the way the seating position that fit my wife best. I found several seats were very comfortable for me and I liked the feel of the jets and the options it had. Thanks to all that responded. This forum was extremely helpful.

Would like to hear back from "mouth" on how you like your spa as it should have been delivered by now. We're not taking delivery till end of March or early April as the area it's going to be installed in is having some construction work done and we want that complete before it's delivered.

nice, enjoy the new tub and post some pics when you get it setup, not nearly enough pics posted on here :D

Bingo! Maybe someday the competition will learn that bashing a product doesn't work. If I had a nickel for every time a customer came in and said, "Your competitors talked so bad about your product, I had to see it for myself!" Then they buy one!

That is a convenient response but its just NOT accurate. If it were true then it would be a blood bath here with everyone knocking each other but thats not the case.

When someone mentions Arctic, Beachcomber, Caldera, D1, Hot Spring, Jacuzzi, Sundance and others you don't see the accross the board "I wouldn't" response you get with Master. When we warn about Master its not to steer you elswhwere, is merely to steer you clear of Master, for your own good IMO.

Master is responsile for the spotty reputation they have built and trying to say the reason we go out of our way to give that warning is because of salesmanship is untrue.

Well put SpaTech, I would agree with you, It could be a blood bath on here. But its funny how we see time and time again some new salesman shows up , and tells us how we are all wrong, and they come on here and know all then disappear....its to bad, but i believe most of us on here try to steer people in the right direction...

Cyclist

Congrats on the tub purchase, enjoy it , use it for a long time....

To be fair, Master Dealers and employees have every right to want to defend themselves and espouse their benefits. They have to have SOME satisfied customers, or else they wouldnt exist. Its fine to point out their reputation, but let the guys who want to plug/discuss their products do the same thing you get to do. Nothing wrong with the back and forth.

bdubya200

your right in the aspect that on this forum everyone should be given the oppurtunity to defend their brand they sell , service, and like, but sometimes on here that direction gets lost, some on here have agendas they push , they show up the come on here and tell you everybody on here is wrong and do not have all their facts straight, so their facts get tossed then they get upset that they are picking on them...We all have are favorite brands, some have experience with some brands some have experience with more. Just as as example when something with Master shows up, some of the members have experience with them some write on what they have heard , But again everyone wants to defend their own brand, Not all Master dealers are bad , most would agree that some of the sales tactics are at question. It sjust like that Swozadio who showed up on here guns a blazin then was gone just as fast, Unfortunately we will always have that...But i believe that is what is great about this site for the consumer to see and i think its great to see all the different insights, biased or not...some may not agree with me ,but i truly believe this...

Well, isn't that nice! You are protecting the consumer from your evil competition.

Consumers come here looking for information and opinions. I and others (including yourself) give ours, the consumer then can do what they like with it including using it as a red flag, looking into it further or ignoring what they read.

Calling Master "evil" is a stretch (though corporate Master tactics like the infamous traveling Spa Circus may border on that term); we’ll let the consumer come to their own conclusion before and after they buy.

To be fair, Master Dealers and employees have every right to want to defend themselves and espouse their benefits. They have to have SOME satisfied customers, or else they wouldnt exist. Its fine to point out their reputation, but let the guys who want to plug/discuss their products do the same thing you get to do. Nothing wrong with the back and forth.

I agree with what you're saying:

-Everyone is welcome to give their opinion, the consumer can do with it as they wish.

-No one is saying all Master customers as unsatisfied. I'm just saying IMO their odds aren't as good with that particular choice.

-No one is saying you can't give your opinion and you have every right to defend your product though you have no need to defend yourself because no one is knocking Master dealers individually. While some may not think well of the product that does not directly reflect on what any individual dealer is like.

We're not knocking all the competition as you alluded to in your earlier post. The vast majority of premium brands are well respected on this site. There are a couple (Master, Thermospas and Cal for many) that don't generally receive the same level of respect as most others and I understand that doesn't sit well with you but please don't paint that with a wide brush as if everyone is bashing everyone as the reason Master does not fare well when opinions are given. It doesn't hold water when you see how others are generally rated by their competition here.

Most consumers are smart enough to realize the agendas some users have on this board. It is easy to provide misinformation when you hide behind the anonymity of your online identity. If you are too afraid to provide your business affiliations, or just not willing to, then isn't it fair to say that your opinions may be biased?

SpaTech, when I first joined this board, I was bombarded with emails and messages from you and others trying to discover my affiliations. It was important for you to know who I was, yet YOU are still in hiding. Interesting...

Credibility is not created by your online name. I can call myself "The Pope" but it doesn't make it true.

Cyclist, the tub is excellent and you will not be disappointed. We also spent more than intially planned, but we felt this was nicer than anything else we tested. Just curious what did you end up getting yours for and what did you get with it? As I may have mentioned in a previous post, we live in Michigan and ours was $11,000 with Stereo, Cover, Cover lifter, Ozonator, Delivery & Setup, Chemicals and extra filters. I struggled a little with the Water Chemistry, but seem to have it down now. I used test strips early on (probably why I struggled), but recently purchased a Lamotte ColorQ 7 water tester which works great. Enjoy your tub when you get it, we are enjoying ours.

SpaTech, when I first joined this board, I was bombarded with emails and messages from you and others trying to discover my affiliations. It was important for you to know who I was, yet YOU are still in hiding. Interesting...

That is TOTALLY untrue. I know because I do not bombard people with messages asking their afilliation.

Cyclist, the tub is excellent and you will not be disappointed. We also spent more than intially planned, but we felt this was nicer than anything else we tested. Just curious what did you end up getting yours for and what did you get with it? As I may have mentioned in a previous post, we live in Michigan and ours was $11,000 with Stereo, Cover, Cover lifter, Ozonator, Delivery & Setup, Chemicals and extra filters. I struggled a little with the Water Chemistry, but seem to have it down now. I used test strips early on (probably why I struggled), but recently purchased a Lamotte ColorQ 7 water tester which works great. Enjoy your tub when you get it, we are enjoying ours.

I never quote specific numbers on any forum. I will say the price is right about what you paid. I didn't get the built-in stereo as I have music out there already.

Again, thank you all for your help.