Best Spa To Purchase For Therapy?

PoolReview22

Hey everyone,

I know they have 50 million articles online about spas, etc. I wanted to find out what you think is the best spa to buy for therapy reasons? I was looking at the Marquis Show but the local dealer here wants $16,500 for it. That's a bit expensive yes? So what does everyone suggest for a GREAT spa with the best insulation, pumps, jets etc? A tv doesnt matter, dont really need that but I would like everything else and a LAY DOWN seat is a must. Any suggestions?

Options I would like

- Smart spa that self cleans

- Remote control

- Lights inside jets

- Water features such as waterfalls and streams of water with lights

- Lights outside of Spa

- Surround sounds that works with my iPhone

- The best jets and motors (lots of power for deep acupressure massage)

As far as I am aware all spas self clean by having filter cycles, but you will still have to add a sanitizer like chlorine etc.

A lot of spas have wireless remote controls, we find that we do not use ours some much now for controling the jets, but we do use it for controlling the stereo.

There are also a lot of light options out there to choose from. Our has led lights underwater, but on the newer models I think they have them behind the waterfalls as well.

I am sure someone else will answer about lights outside the spa

Quite a few spas come with an Ipod docking station, on our model it was introduced one year after we brought it. I also know there are kits which can be purchased to connect your Ipod to a spa that has a stereo but not a docking station.

All I can say about the best jets and power is for you to wet test, this was important to us and in the end we brought a LA Spa HEET. You will have quite a few opinions posted here but in the end its what you feel comfortable with. I would also add that if you want a lounger then a wet test is a must, we found a lot of difference between loungers on different makes of spa.

Our Sundance Maxxus has LED lighting around the valve knobs, under the waterfalls, and beneath the waterline.

It is very powerful, which can also be controlled/managed through the use of the diverter / air valves. It has a great sound system that has a left/right speaker in each corner seat, as well as a subwoofer inside the cabinet. The head unit has an AM/FM tuner, CD player, internal HDD capable of playing MP3s, can play / load from a USB stick, and has a docking station for iPods / iPhones. There is also a line-in input for other sources. Arguably, it is the best stereo in the business. Jacuzzi uses the same head unit, but only places one speaker in each corner, which leaves you hearing only 1 channel in 1 ear (stupid).

It has a waterproof remote control which allows you to control the jets, lighting, and stereo. It does have a lounger, but doesn't have external lighting.

My wife and I are in the same boat...looking for a spa primarily for theraputic reasons.

Not sure about your list of 'bells and whistles'...but from our experience (including the wet test)...you'd be very happy with a Sundance.

Take a look at the Cameo...which has a lounger. At 6'2", I found most competing loungers too short and not very comfortable. The Cameo's is great. My wife at 5'9" thinks so also.

The adjustable jets offer flexible therapy...capable of providing both a soothing or a powerful massage. There's a wide range of jet styles in the tub.

The seats are configured so each provides a different 'experience' while in the tub. It's a great lay out.

Quality construction, solid warranties, friendly and knowledgable sales team.

We've done our homework. Having a wide assortment of aches and pains (back, legs, neck), the Cameo definitely served our needs.

So what does everyone suggest for a GREAT spa with the best insulation, pumps, jets etc? A tv doesnt matter, dont really need that but I would like everything else and a LAY DOWN seat is a must. Any suggestions?

My personal list of spas based on quality, longevity, energy efficiency, warranty and manufacturer's reputation to back their product, etc. would include Caldera, D1, Hot Spring, Jacuzzi and Sundance.

As far as that "lay down" seat goes, the only must should be that you MUST wet test to see if it relaly fits you and you really like it. I kow it looks great and maybe you sat in it empty but do yourself a favor, wet test. Lounges are great when they fit you well, if they don't thats a lot of space taken by a seat you could pass on.

Hey everyone,

I know they have 50 million articles online about spas, etc. I wanted to find out what you think is the best spa to buy for therapy reasons? I was looking at the Marquis Show but the local dealer here wants $16,500 for it. That's a bit expensive yes? So what does everyone suggest for a GREAT spa with the best insulation, pumps, jets etc? A tv doesnt matter, dont really need that but I would like everything else and a LAY DOWN seat is a must. Any suggestions?

Options I would like

- Smart spa that self cleans

- Remote control

- Lights inside jets

- Water features such as waterfalls and streams of water with lights

- Lights outside of Spa

- Surround sounds that works with my iPhone

- The best jets and motors (lots of power for deep acupressure massage)

Have you taken the time to look at a Jacuzzi Hot Tub? Jacuzzi offers all of the features you are looking for.

-Jacuzzi has a top loading filtration unit that provides you with easy access to the filter, keeping water clean and clear.

-a remote control which works the jets and sound system.

-Illuminated IX jets. Maxium air flow with high-output LED lighting. Sends multi- colored champagne like bubbles to the surface of the hot tub.

-Water color waterfall. LED back lighting with a spectrum of colors. Adjustable water stream and lights.

-J 1000 Audio System has an IPod docking station and an internal hard drive allowing you to store 1GB of music.

The jets are designed to deliver a soothing gentle massage or a stimulating therapeutic experience.

I hope you find the right hot tub for you. Always, always do a wet test before choosing a hot tub and never let someone talk you into one.

For more information please feel free to join our facebook fa page and we will be happy to help in every way.

hottub.indulgemedia.ca

Premium Hot Tubs

I have no familiarity with Dynasty, but a quick search turned in several hits, including this one: http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=25469&st=0&p=110784&hl=dynasty&fromsearch=1entry110784 Based on that, they seem to use middle of the road components with more of a focus on show than go (performance/reliability). You seem to have a fancy for the bling, so that may appeal to you, but don't make any purchase decisions without wet testing first! It's not going to matter how nice the extras are if you don't like the jets and/or seating.

You seem to have a fancy for the bling, so that may appeal to you, but don't make any purchase decisions without wet testing first! It's not going to matter how nice the extras are if you don't like the jets and/or seating.

That was my thought as well. Some companies sell on bling which is part of teh reason why people end up with spas like Master. When you talk to spa owners who've had their spa more than a year you realize what they care about most after the initial new purchase period is over is that it performs well and its quality, not the bling that caught their eye initially.

When people seem overly concerned with things like waterfalls, lights and jet count I know they're more susceptible to putting what I consider the most important things (quality of build, reputation of manufacturer & dealer to back their product and wet test results) too far down on the list when shopping/comparing.

Hey guys,

I really do want - quality of build, reputation of manufacturer the issue is I know NOTHING about spas, not ONE thing. I've spent the last 6 months doing heavy research on my pool and writing about it (see here ) http://risingsunpoolsreview.com/ and the spa thing is VERY hard to get a grasp of, this is harder than selecting a pool and features.

So what I'm trying to figure out from all you pros that know everything here is how I can get...

- quality of build, reputation of manufacturer

- Best pumps and pressure

- Best built spa

- Best jets and what's the best jet count

All that PLUS all the bling!

So, with that, anymore ideas or responses? Don't worry about price, let's start with the best and work down. Thanks in advance!!!

Hey guys,

I really do want - quality of build, reputation of manufacturer the issue is I know NOTHING about spas, not ONE thing. I've spent the last 6 months doing heavy research on my pool and writing about it (see here ) http://risingsunpoolsreview.com/ and the spa thing is VERY hard to get a grasp of, this is harder than selecting a pool and features.

So what I'm trying to figure out from all you pros that know everything here is how I can get...

- quality of build, reputation of manufacturer

- Best pumps and pressure

- Best built spa

- Best jets and what's the best jet count

All that PLUS all the bling!

So, with that, anymore ideas or responses? Don't worry about price, let's start with the best and work down. Thanks in advance!!!

All spas have bling nowadays (some more than others of course) but some try to blind you with it and don't offer enough of the other important things you mention.

My personal list of spas based on quality, longevity, energy efficiency, warranty and manufacturer's reputation to back their product, etc. would include Caldera, D1, Hot Spring, Jacuzzi and Sundance.