Salt Water Chlorinator Reading Ok But Water Test Says Different

Hello - first time posting but now that i have found this great forum - will be using it for sure!!!

First time pool owners. Had the pool put in last summer and had somewhat of the same problem.

15X30

Liner

inground

salt water chlorinator

Just had the water tested at our local pool store. The reading for acceptable levels of Chlorine are 1.0 - 3.0 and our reading was 6.9.

Our Salt water chlorinator at home is reading within the level it is supposed to 3100 per the little tiny manual that came with it.

Does anyone have any insight as to what is going on? I am at a lose for what to do next. Not even sure we can swim with the level this high.

How am I supposed to get this to dissapate?

Any and all info would be appreciated!

v/r

monica

Here is what my pool water tested at:

FC 6.9 Recommended range: 1.0-3.0

TC 6.9 Recommended range: 1.0-3.0

CC 0.0 Recommended range: 0.0-0.2

pH 7.6 Recommended range: 7.2-7.8

Hardness 210 Recommended range: 200-400

Alkalinity 77 Recommended range: 100-150

Cyanuric Acid 10 Recommended range: 30-150

Copper 0 Recommended range: 0-0.3

Iron 0 Recommended range: 0.0-0.1

Hello - first time posting but now that i have found this great forum - will be using it for sure!!!

First time pool owners. Had the pool put in last summer and had somewhat of the same problem.

15X30

Liner

inground

salt water chlorinator

Just had the water tested at our local pool store. The reading for acceptable levels of Chlorine are 1.0 - 3.0 and our reading was 6.9.

Our Salt water chlorinator at home is reading within the level it is supposed to 3100 per the little tiny manual that came with it.

Does anyone have any insight as to what is going on? I am at a lose for what to do next. Not even sure we can swim with the level this high.

How am I supposed to get this to dissapate?

Any and all info would be appreciated!

v/r

monica

Here is what my pool water tested at:

FC 6.9 Recommended range: 1.0-3.0

TC 6.9 Recommended range: 1.0-3.0

CC 0.0 Recommended range: 0.0-0.2

pH 7.6 Recommended range: 7.2-7.8

Hardness 210 Recommended range: 200-400

Alkalinity 77 Recommended range: 100-150

Cyanuric Acid 10 Recommended range: 30-150

Copper 0 Recommended range: 0-0.3

Iron 0 Recommended range: 0.0-0.1

Turn down the output percentage of your unit and get your CYA up to 80 ppm. Your TA is fine where it is as is your pH. Salt level has nothing to do with the FC level. It has to be in the proper range for you unit to work but there should be an output percentage adjustment to control just how much chlorine is being produced. I suggest you re read your user manual. What brand of SWG do you have? If you CYA was higher then you could swin with the FC at 7 ppm with no problems, with the low CYA you might want to wear an old swimsuit.

FWIW, here in Florida a commercial pool is considered swimmable by the health departments if the FC is below 10 ppm.

Thanks all - the output was set at the highest level. Have turned it down so hopefully that and the sun will drop the FC. I am somewhat confused though, in all my reading if my stabilizer is low then how is my chlorine so high? I forgot to look at the brand of my SWG - will look this weekend and repost.

Thanks all - the output was set at the highest level. Have turned it down so hopefully that and the sun will drop the FC. I am somewhat confused though, in all my reading if my stabilizer is low then how is my chlorine so high? I forgot to look at the brand of my SWG - will look this weekend and repost.

Because you were producing chlorine faster than the sun could burn it off. Do you have a cover on your pool, btw?