$2999 Infinity Spa From Costco

sandi

Just to let everyone know, my Infinity spa from Costco, delivered on 8/1/2007, is still going strong (yes, that's the sound of me knocking on wood!) We have had no issues with it and, with some DIY insulation added, it's not costing us a fortune to run in cold weather. Having never owned a spa before and being unsure (3 years ago) if we would become spa worshippers or if it would just sit in the yard taking up space, I'm still really glad that we made the decision not to spend a lot of money for our first spa.

Hope to be able to check in again in another year with a similar post!

Sandi

Just to let everyone know, my Infinity spa from Costco, delivered on 8/1/2007, is still going strong (yes, that's the sound of me knocking on wood!) We have had no issues with it and, with some DIY insulation added, it's not costing us a fortune to run in cold weather. Having never owned a spa before and being unsure (3 years ago) if we would become spa worshippers or if it would just sit in the yard taking up space, I'm still really glad that we made the decision not to spend a lot of money for our first spa.

Sandi

Thanks Sandi, please do check back in a year. I've been waiting to make a similar post, I'll be celebrating one year towards the end of October. So far so good for the CSXI80.

DK117

• 2 weeks later...

Sandi

Hi Sandi,

It's been quite some time since I've frequented this board and posted a message.

Glad to hear your Infinity spa is still up and running. I purchased my Infinity Spa in July 2007 and it was setup and installed Labor Day weekend of September 2007. Like you, I to am celebrating the 3-year anniversary.

After 3 years, the novelty has somewhat worn off and we don't use it as much as we used to. We used to use it several times/week and now we use it several times/month. I'm glad I didn't spend thousands more. The spa continues to run and the one problem we had with it was rectified quickly under warranty (when Infinity was still in business).

Like you, I'll probably post again in another year.

Regards,

Ken

• 2 years later...

Well, it's been two years.  I celebrated the 5 year anniversary of my Infinity Hot Tub recently after installing it Labor Day weekend in 2007.  Not much has changed over the last 2 years.  The novelty has somewhat worn off and we don't use the tub as often as we did when we first got it. I did, however, enjoy a nice long soak last weekend after spending all day in windy, cold weather watching my son's football game.

I did see Sandi's post where, after 3 1/2 years of Infinity Hot Tub ownership, she sold hers after realizing she didn't use that often.  Truth be told, I might end up going the same route. Perhaps my tub will end up on CraigsList some day.

I don't know if Sandi and I were lucky - there were many prognosticators on this board that foretold of doom and gloom with Infinity tubs.  After 5 years, I guess I dodged that bullet.

Regards,

Ken

I don't think you dodged a bullet. I also don't think prognosticators is the right word. I do however hope that you don't get rid of the tub thinking that all tubs have the same feel as your economy tub. Most economy tubs last 5-7 years before they start to deteriorate past the point of cost effective to repair. And there's likely close to 100 brands that fall into the same category both price wise and longevity wise.

What was always argued about was that some felt they were getting an 8 thousand dollar tub for 4 thousand. This is simply not true.

• 2 months later...

Over the last 29 years of servicing spas, I kept a mental note of why people who bought a spa quit using one.

Most common -- The spa was inefficient, so costly to heat they took to leaving it turned down or off until they planned ahead to use it -- no spontenaity resulted in no spa use.

Secondly -- The expected benefits of the spa use were not on par with the hassle of keeping the spa up and running, such is the case with substandard spas, people buy them and use them assuming all spas are the same (not true with ANY product) and the end result is, they don't get what they are looking for.

Third -- They place the spa inconveniently, 100 feet outside the back door in some cutesy gazebo that looks awesome but is a PITA to scamper to in bad weather. I have what I call the "Lynard Skynard" rule, I.E. no more than three steps from a back door or you will end up not bothering to use it.

Spa Guru this might be one of the best statements I have read on any forum. Now when I'M in my tub which is 5 steps and Lynard Skynard comes through my stereo system I will have a good laugh. Thank you.

Third -- They place the spa inconveniently, 100 feet outside the back door in some cutesy gazebo that looks awesome but is a PITA to scamper to in bad weather. I have what I call the "Lynard Skynard" rule, I.E. no more than three steps from a back door or you will end up not bothering to use it.

Spa Guru this might be one of the best statements I have read on any forum. Now when I'M in my tub which is 5 steps and Lynard Skynard comes through my stereo system I will have a good laugh. Thank you.

Agreed. I had to read it to my wife the other night, we both had a laugh and felt good about our current plans for placing our new tub this spring...then we turned on some Skynard!