Aqua Rite Problem

ok i pushed the display button on my control box and it will not go back to the salt amount display.

i have turned it off. unplugged it. puched the display about 100 times and it WILL NOT display my salt count.

help!!!

Diagnostic Displays

Sequential pushes of the small "diagnostic" button next to the LCD display will

cause the Aqua Rite to display the following information:

1. Pool temperature (xx degrees Fahrenheit or Celsius)

2. Cell voltage (typically 22.0 to 25.0 volts when chlorine is being generated, otherwise

30-35V)

3. Cell current (typically 4.50 to 7.80 amps when chlorine is being generated, otherwise

0 amps)

4. Desired Output % ("0P" -- "100P" depending on knob position or input from remote

pool automation controller)

5. Instant salinity ( -xxxx ppm or -x.xx grams/Liter)

6. Product name sent to the pool automation control display ("AL-0" which signifies

"Aqua Rite")

7. Software revision level (r1.xx)

On the 8th push of the button the display will revert back to the default salt display.

Also, if the button is not pushed for 30 seconds, the display will revert back to the

standard salt display.

Have you locked in the instant salt reading? Push the diag. button 5 times, then cycle the mode switch, from auto to super chlor and back to auto.

i did that and it DID NOT work. i did it with the power on and it is genenrating

What does it say the instant salinity is (push five times)?

i dont know what display that is. it is never the same when i look at it. it use to display the salt reading......2800 or 3100 or what ever then it started flashing check cell. so i took the cell out and cleaned it. i was scally so i used 1 part muric acid and 4 parts water. let sit about 5 minutes then i flushed with clean water. i put the cell back in and turned on the pump. i left the power off till i had flow then i turned it on. the check cell light was still flashing so i got the ownersmanual out and it said to hold the diagnous button for 3 seconds o reset the light. i did that and it has NEVER displayed the salt level agian. that was 2 weeks ago.

my PH and alkalinity is just fine but my free clorine is very low.

I actually had a Aquarite, when it was under warranty give it an acid wash by "a factory trained" service tech while it was powered. Needless to say... He smoked the board. Sounds like your board might be bad. If you are unsure about the cell! Sometimes your local pool store might have a setup to test it.

ok this morning i went out and check my readings this is what i have

100p

AL-0

free clorine = 1

PH = 7.3

alkalinity = 110

water temp on my floating thermometer says 88 deg

i let the pool run all night on super clorinate

still cant tell what my salt reading is. this is what is driving me crazy.

You have inadvertently switched your display to the metric display. Your instant salt is at 3200 your average salt is 3300

Press the diag button 1 time (displays temp) cycle the mode switch From auto to super Cl to auto again. This should change it back to Fahrenheit and ppm.