Temperature Settings

In the last 2 weeks, I've gone out to my hot tub to see the temperature setting on my arctic spa (summit signature) set down to 82F. The first time it happened, I thought either a friend playing a prank on me, or somebody sneaking into it late at night when I'm in bed.

BUT - it happened again this morning. I went out to go in, and the actual temp was down to 98F (I usually have it set to 102F). Then I went to the temp setting and it was down at 82F again. It must've just happened b/c the temp of the water was only 4 degrees less than what I normally have it set at. There was no power outage last night either.

Anyone have any ideas? Thanks... Jeff.

It's an older tub that i've refurbished... 2002.

I woke up this morning and this time it was turned down to 97... just 5 degrees lower. I haven't even used the tub since last post or opened it up for that matter. This is the 3rd instance so far (in span of about 2 weeks)

You mentioned about turning the tub on and off and checking for stuck buttons.

I just tried that... actually without turning it off, so I can see if the temp #'s respond to my pressing of the buttons, and if it sticks beyond me touching them. I didn't notice ANY sticking (the temp #'s moving without me pressing them), and the #'s always moved when I pressed them.

Now, though, when I pressed them, I didn't really feel any engaging of a switch, or click or anything. It feels more spongy. The buttons have always felt this way, and this is the first sign of said problem.

What do you think?

In the meantime, I'm going to put a lock on my fence door leading into the backyard... we've got some neighborhood miscreants that could be the cause of this

If it's not the ratty neighbor kids the first thing to try is a new top side for a couple hundred.

OK - so I figured out the problem. It looks like it's the topside control panel getting old and worn out. I was sitting in the tub this morning, and watched the water lapping up against it, and driving the temp setting down. Looks like the 'temp down' button is getting so sensitive that the touch of a wave of water activates it. Time for a new one I guess...