Which Hot Tub To Purchase

I'm in the market for a hot tub, 6-7 persons. I'm a first time buyer, so I was wondering if anyone knows which of these manufacturers has the best reputation as far as quality products, and factory service.

Jacuzzi, Sundance, Dream Maker, Cal Spas, Reflections Spas, and Mira hot tubs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I'm in the market for a hot tub, 6-7 persons. I'm a first time buyer, so I was wondering if anyone knows which of these manufacturers has the best reputation as far as quality products, and factory service.

Jacuzzi, Sundance, Dream Maker, Cal Spas, Reflections Spas, and Mira hot tubs. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Jacuzzi and Sundance are reputable brands. I would also consider these reputable brands which also have a reputation for longevity, reliability and energy effeciency. Dimension One, Hot Springs, Caldera, Arctic

the most common issue's that i deal with on the jacuzzi line that i now work with is people and water chemistry other that that not much being a jacuzzi tech is akin to being a maytag repair guy in the 10 months that i have been here i have done a couple of circ pumps and a flow switch i mostly fix other company's products the jacuzzi line is very good product and they have been around for 50years and are the first personal hot tubs to be made you will read a lot about spa's here type in a spa line into this forum and read up on all that you can .good luck and happy tubin'

Thanks!

Roger's overall list prety much mirrors my thoughts but from your specific list Sundance and Jacuzzi stand out to me as the better choices.

Most "spas" are made out of either fibreglass or acrylic. Acrylic spas are, by far, the better of the two types and will provide longer life and service to their owners.Choose the size of a hot tub according to how many people will use it. The rule of thumb is to multiply 75 gallons (284 l) of water by the number of people for the total water capacity.

Great information. Thanks to everyone for their input.

One last question though before I purchase. I've been trying to find out if hot tubs / spas have an energyguide, similar to most large appliances you may purchase?

I'm sure the dealers in my area will tell me that their tubs rank among the best, but I'd like to investigate this on my own. Our utility co. will be DE-regulated come 1/1/2011 and lord only knows how high the cost of electric will go.

Any thoughts?

Thanks Again

I would agree with Roger and Spatech on the list of higher end spas. most of your higher end brands will have energy guides, check there websites, yeh you will have dealers tell you that there tubs are the best....yadayada yada, remember it is the salesman not necessarily the brand,,,that is what you have to sift thru...they will also tell you they are the only one to have this or that, and watch for the exclusive this and thats, and so on. you will hear it all, but you will also find some salesman that know there stuff and are upfront with you. i would also check with the local dealers in your area to see what you like and who you feel the most comfortable with... check out some other sites, like spasearch.org to check on the brands.check your bbb's as well....hope this helps.. :)

Thanks!

Of the brands you listed, I would specifically recommend Sundance.

However, if you have a Hot Spring Spa dealer in your area, I'd strongly recommend you also consider them.

After consideration of all comments posted, I decided to go with the dealer I felt most comfortable with - National pools and spas in Robbinsville, NJ. Had to travel from Pa.

I purchased a Sundance spa, Hartford model with light kit. The dealer threw in the SunZone Ozone system, the optional CL circulation pump, 880 warranty, rocker cover, steps, chemicals for the first month, delivery and set-up. I wound up paying $7795, and I think that's a very reasonable price.

Again, thanks to everyone for your knowledgeable insight, and once I'm up and running I'll update.