Slow Heating

Telmccan

I just got a Hot Springs Soveriegn 2nd hand. The pumps are working, but it is taking an age to warm the water, its been on more than 18hrs and the temp is only 20 degrees celcius (70F). Is it meant to take that long to heat up? Thye water was abot 15 degreesC when I first filled it and it needs to get to 38-39 degrees C.

I just got a Hot Springs Soveriegn 2nd hand. The pumps are working, but it is taking an age to warm the water, its been on more than 18hrs and the temp is only 20 degrees celcius (70F). Is it meant to take that long to heat up? Thye water was abot 15 degreesC when I first filled it and it needs to get to 38-39 degrees C.

1) Do you have it hooked up to 220V or 110V?

2) If 220v, do you have both breakers turned on?

JimKW is right... hsouwl take about 7 to 8 hrs to heat up. You say you bought it 2nd hand... and by the time its taking it may be your heater that is either a) not getting the signal to heat, or B) your heater needs to be replaced. There are a few people on this board that can help you with the details and how to check... they should chime in pretty soon here......

• 2 weeks later...
JimKW is right... hsouwl take about 7 to 8 hrs to heat up. You say you bought it 2nd hand... and by the time its taking it may be your heater that is either a) not getting the signal to heat, or B) your heater needs to be replaced. There are a few people on this board that can help you with the details and how to check... they should chime in pretty soon here......

if it is hooked up 220 volts it should take 5-8 hours to heat hooked up 110v will typically only heat 1-2 degrees per hour, is the spa indicating that it is heating?