Sundance Spa

RonH

It's an Altmar around 2003 vintage

Which model Sundance? What year Sundance?

I'm trying to repair a cracked elbow leading to one of three large whirlpool jets. The jet is in the footwell. How do you remove the jet? Does it unscrew?

I just replaced a foot well jet yesterday on my Sundance Marin. Push the jet in and turn counter clockwise until you feel a pop and then it should pull out. You might want to place a rag over the chrome ring as you turn it. The edges can be very sharp.

I just replaced a foot well jet yesterday on my Sundance Marin. Push the jet in and turn counter clockwise until you feel a pop and then it should pull out. You might want to place a rag over the chrome ring as you turn it. The edges can be very sharp.

Ok first things first a Marin does not have the big footwell jets they have the fluidex jets or the vortex. Number 2 if you have 3 jets in the foot well you dont have a Altamar you have a Cameo. Now if you are trying to replace the wall fitting it has a nut on the back side of it which means you have to stand the spa up dig out the foam and replace the wall fitting if you are trying to replace the jet internal on the inside of the jet it has like a snap ring you take a pair of needle nose pliers squeeze them together and remove the internal. If you have any questions please feel free to email me. premierhottubs@etcmail.com

• 1 year later...

On the same subject. I have a Sundance Cameo 2008. We close it in winter (live in Quebec). I follow closing direction to the letter. The first 2 Springs no problem. This Spring there is a leak. The store will not honor the warranty claiming the ONLY possible reason for a spa to leak in the Spring is because it was not winterized properly. They want $3,000 to fix it without knowing where the leak is. I removed the foam under and was able to determine that it is leaking from one of the jets in the foot well. Is it true that it is the only possible reason for it to leak or if there is other reason it can happen.

• 2 weeks later...

We have remove the foam and the elbow just before one foot well is cracked. Is it correct to assume that we have to replace the wall fitting, put a new longer pvc elbow that we will connect to the straight pvc pipe.

If it's only a PVC crack, You could also apply some DEVCON directly to the crack, and that will seal it up, assuming it's not a large crack.

I went to their site. Would ZIP PATCH be the product. The crack is about 2 in long but not open at all. If so I would try that before putting the spa to the curb. Thanks a million for your help.

I don't like the zip-patch.

I've used DEVCON epoxy (DA291) with excellent results, repairing everything from leaky glue joints, to thermoplastic shell cracks, to cracked PVC.

Typically, if the fitting is easily replaceable, I'll just replace it. But if replacing the cracked fitting entails removal of other parts and plumbing that I consider too time consuming, applying some DEVCON works virtually every time, with very little mess, and very little cure time. It can turn several hours of scraped knuckles cutting out good fittings simply because of their proximity to the broken part.... into just a few minutes.

• 4 weeks later...

I went to their site. Would ZIP PATCH be the product. The crack is about 2 in long but not open at all. If so I would try that before putting the spa to the curb. Thanks a million for your help.

I don't like the zip-patch.

I've used DEVCON epoxy (DA291) with excellent results, repairing everything from leaky glue joints, to thermoplastic shell cracks, to cracked PVC.

Typically, if the fitting is easily replaceable, I'll just replace it. But if replacing the cracked fitting entails removal of other parts and plumbing that I consider too time consuming, applying some DEVCON works virtually every time, with very little mess, and very little cure time. It can turn several hours of scraped knuckles cutting out good fittings simply because of their proximity to the broken part.... into just a few minutes.

I have a leak around glue joint and would like to get some of the Devcon DA291. Can anyone tell me where to find it?