What Other Brands Should I Be Considering?

Hi All

I've been shopping a while now (it's very confusing LOL)

I'm leaning towards a Sundance 880 Optima ($10,995 CDN - he says non-negotiable)

I've also strongly considered the Arctic Spa Tundra Signature Series roughly $12,000 CDN

Wasn't keen on the Arctic sales folks in the end.

Also looked at Coastal Spas - could get a tricked out one for $10,000 or less it looked like - but didn't feel the quality was there.

I'm going to check out Beachcomber (although i think it's lower end of the ones I'm considering from my research), and Jacuzzi they both have local dealers.

Are there any other brands in the Sundance/Arctic/Jacuzzi quality/price range I should be trying to consider?

Much appreciated.

I looked at Jacuzzi, Hot Springs and Dimension One (D1). I did not look at Sundance as the local dealer who sells them has a bad reputation for after sales support. I chose the D1 based on dealer support, good overall recommendations on the spa, price and size.

I found that it was helpful to read this forum and get a sense of what's 'out there'. Then i checked local dealers to see who carried specific brands - I went into each store with a general idea of WHAT i wanted to look at and evaluated how the salesman responded to my being a somewhat educated customer. I'm happy that the Spa i liked the most was sold by the dealer that I liked the most!

Good luck, take your time and enjoy!

I think we're doing the same circuit as I have looked at Arctic, Coast, Beachcomber and Sundance in Whitby/Oshawa.

I liked the Sundance and Beachcomber the best but I'm can't decide between the two. Beachcomber does seem a little more basic but I am comfortable with that, less to go wrong I think. The Sundance was roughly the same price but looked more expensive and had a few more bells and whistles. For what it's worth I was told the same price by Sundance.

Good luck with your search, let us know what you think of Beachcomber

Hi All

I'm leaning towards a Sundance 880 Optima ($10,995 CDN - he says non-negotiable)

I've also strongly considered the Arctic Spa Tundra Signature Series roughly $12,000 CDN

Also looked at Coastal Spas - could get a tricked out one for $10,000 or less it looked like - but didn't feel the quality was there.

I'm going to check out Beachcomber (although i think it's lower end of the ones I'm considering from my research), and Jacuzzi they both have local dealers.

Are there any other brands in the Sundance/Arctic/Jacuzzi quality/price range I should be trying to consider?

Much appreciated.

Beachcomber makes a great tub. IMO a slightly better product than all three Sundance, Arctic and Jacuzzi.

I haven't been to Jacuzzi yet as I didn't even know they were there.

I should also add that I looked at Master Spas, Down East Windsor model, great looking tub but after reading more about Master Spas I decided not to take a chance.

Thanks Jeff70hem

Did you check out Jacuzzi dealer? (on Thickson north of Taunton?)

Will let you know about BComber

Much appreciated.

Beside those 3 worthy brands I might look at Caldera, D1, Hot Spring and Marquis

Yeah I heard D1 and Hot Spring

Both look good, but dealers aren't too close to me, which is fine for a 1-2 time visit, but for back and forth, wet testing, and long term equip and service needs - not ideal

I like the looks of them both - but D1 with the curved lines look like they are better suited to either be stand alone or completely set down in the deck

Mine will be partially raised out of the deck.

I may take a Saturday and go look in person though - thanks

Will also look for Caldera and Marquis dealers in my area

Hi All

Much appreciated.

I was in your situation in the Fall (here in Mississauga). I also was not keen on the local Arctic dealer, but decided on an Arctic Summit anyway. I absolutely love it. Still not keen on the Mississauga dealer...they keep changing personnel every time I go in there! I just go to the next closest store in Oakville instead.... or just phone them if I want info/advice...

Good Luck with your decision!! :rolleyes:

Hi All

Much appreciated.

I was in your situation in the Fall (here in Mississauga). I also was not keen on the local Arctic dealer, but decided on an Arctic Summit anyway. I absolutely love it. Still not keen on the Mississauga dealer...they keep changing personnel every time I go in there! I just go to the next closest store in Oakville instead.... or just phone them if I want info/advice...

Good Luck with your decision!! :rolleyes:

Yeah I'm not so lucky - It's my local dealer in Whitby (next closest is Peterborough - which is the same guy, or Miss.)

I was considering a Gazebo, and they had one in the showroom that they tried to tell me wasn't made of wood (because I'd made a big deal about how I'm not really looking to stain/treat a gazebo every year or two - I considered the Covana, but have settled on NOT doing a gazebo for now, seeing if I like it better without, or want one later - I can always put that in after the fact)

Anyway they kept telling me it wasn't real wood, and it was - they had no idea - honestly completely turned me off.

Do you have any knowledge of the products you are selling (bugs me cuz I'm in sales in another industry)

They also told me I wouldn't need a concrete pad with the forever floor, I wont go into detail but I would have needed a retaining wall - $1000, but this site and others helped me realize Concrete Pad is a must - got a quote, with removal of exisitng backyard landscaping to get it in $850 - wtf LOL

Needless to say - not impressed with them.

Liked the tub, and they were willing to negotiate - but just too worried about service

I like the Sundance tub now, but guy said immediately he won't negotiate on price - is that NORMAL with them?

Still shopping and need to do wet tests