Costco Platinum elite spa

Guest Shelly Solum

Shelly,

If you haven't already, do what Sharkman009 said and reset the power. If you still have the 3 flashing lights, power off then take one of the filters out. Power on. If the 3 flashing lights go out you need to properly clean or replace your filters. If the 3 flashing lights return, you probably have a defective flow switch, call the 800 number in your manual and they will arrange service.

NightRyder

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shelly,

If you haven't already, do what Sharkman009 said and reset the power. If you still have the 3 flashing lights, power off then take one of the filters out. Power on. If the 3 flashing lights go out you need to properly clean or replace your filters. If the 3 flashing lights return, you probably have a defective flow switch, call the 800 number in your manual and they will arrange service.

NightRyder

Yup, let's hope it's a dirty filter though. If it does require service let us know how it goes getting them to find someone to come out your way.

Thanks, Took one filter out and turned it on~ lights are off. I will order the filters right now. How about the CD player. Any ideas for that??? The player power comes on, but no soound from either speaker, it is not on mute. Thanks again

Shelly

You should be able to just clean the filter and you'll need to do so monthly or the issue will keep reoccuring (when it gets "dirty" the flow lessens and the error message comes up).

As far as the stero goes, tough to say. You really should call for service on those and the warranty for stereos is always limited so I would call ASAP.

Thanks, Took one filter out and turned it on~ lights are off. I will order the filters right now. How about the CD player. Any ideas for that??? The player power comes on, but no soound from either speaker, it is not on mute. Thanks again

Shelly

Thanks.

I am wondering if it maybe a fuse? We will make there are no unplugges wires also. Have you evr changed a filter? I orderd the filter from this site, however they dont look the same. It doesn't look like it has the handle cap and threaded bottem. Does tge filter come apart? Thanks for the help.

Shelly

Jack, I'm not trying to be rude. You're missing the point here pal. I'm trying to offer the best solution possible. Are you familiar with Costco? They offer a life long return policy. Wouldn't you take it back if you could get 100% of your money back? My first spa was a Costco spa and it was a lemon. I took it back with no questions asked and bought a name brand spa through a dealer. I'm in heaven now.

Costco won't change their policy. You say "I don't mean to be rude", but that's exactly what your trying to be.....

Are you familiar with Costco? They offer a life long return policy. Wouldn't you take it back if you could get 100% of your money back? My first spa was a Costco spa and it was a lemon. I took it back with no questions asked and bought a name brand spa through a dealer. I'm in heaven now.

I wonder how that policy equates to Costco.com purchases?

Are you suggesting that costco.com has a differant return policy, well I guess you can't just drop it off, you would have to pay to have it shipped back whence it came from.

Jack, I'm not trying to be rude. You're missing the point here pal. I'm trying to offer the best solution possible. Are you familiar with Costco? They offer a life long return policy. Wouldn't you take it back if you could get 100% of your money back? My first spa was a Costco spa and it was a lemon. I took it back with no questions asked and bought a name brand spa through a dealer. I'm in heaven now.

She has a dirty filter and you suggest for her to take the entire spa back. Yea, that is what i would consider helpful.

As far as costco.com, it says on their site that any purchases made over the internet can be returend if necessary to any of their 400 stores for a full refund.

Thanks.

I am wondering if it maybe a fuse? We will make there are no unplugges wires also. Have you evr changed a filter? I orderd the filter from this site, however they dont look the same. It doesn't look like it has the handle cap and threaded bottem. Does tge filter come apart? Thanks for the help.

Shelly

If the filter doesnt look the same then chances are that it is not going to work. You need to get the right filter so that it fits right and filters the water.

If your filters arent in to bad of condition you can get a quart of filter cleaner from any pool or spa store and either spray it on or my prefference is to put the cleaner in a bucket with water and submerge the filters over night. Then when you take them out spray off all of the cleaner. Once you get all of the cleaner off I would allow the filter element to dry. By allowing it to dry the fibers will expand and allow more flow through them. If you clean your filters regularly you should be able to get 2 or 3 years out of them.

I keep a seperate set and I rotate them that way I have no down time while cleaning the filters.

On the stereo Spatech is right call for tech support on their toll free number. Be careful of trying to fix it yourself if you ground anything out while trying to fix it yourself it can void the warranty that you do have.

I didn't even notice.

Wow, I'm a top cop around here now. I'll expect everyone to shape up or my partner (the esteemed Mr Brulan) and I will kick butts and take names!!!

Congratulations on your new position.

Yes Costcos return policy is the same on their internet site. You can return your purchases over the internet to any Costco for a full refund.

Shelly,

Sharkman is right, it is better to have a set of extra filters on hand, then you can just rotate them out as needed.

Here are the correct Part # for the filters - by brand.

Clarathon - FC0315

Unicel - 6CH-47

Pleatco - PTL47W

I get mine at

www.spadepot.com - $48.95 per pair

but I have also had good luck ordering from

www.rhtubs.com

NightRyder

Shelly,

Sharkman is right, it is better to have a set of extra filters on hand, then you can just rotate them out as needed.

Here are the correct Part # for the filters - by brand.

Clarathon - FC0315

Unicel - 6CH-47

Pleatco - PTL47W

I get mine at

www.spadepot.com - $48.95 per pair

but I have also had good luck ordering from

www.rhtubs.com

NightRyder

Yeah thanks again, I ordered the part number that is in my manual, it just doesnt look the same. I will soak these in cleaner and also buy a new set. Good idea!!! I have a call in about the stereo. I am sure it is something easy!Man, I love the tub, I hope all is going well. I have had it since the first post, Sept 2005. I suppose ya'll aren't haveing any of the same problems I am having? We are on the North Coast of Oregon, use the tub quite a bit(kids do anyway) Really missing the sound..... wish me luck!!! Have a great day, I will come back and let ya know how it turns out!

Shelly :P

Yeah thanks again, I ordered the part number that is in my manual, it just doesnt look the same. I will soak these in cleaner and also buy a new set. Good idea!!! I have a call in about the stereo. I am sure it is something easy!Man, I love the tub, I hope all is going well. I have had it since the first post, Sept 2005. I suppose ya'll aren't haveing any of the same problems I am having? We are on the North Coast of Oregon, use the tub quite a bit(kids do anyway) Really missing the sound..... wish me luck!!! Have a great day, I will come back and let ya know how it turns out!

Shelly :P

I bet it's beautiful on the coast today....Sigh.... I live in the foothills east of Salem. Sunny and mid 50's right now.

Just FYI - www.spadepot.com is located in Olympia WA. Pretty much same week service for us.

My wife and I also love our spa, ours is 18 months old and no problems so far. The filters are just a maintenance issue. I have well water and have found it works best to swap my filters every 2 months but that will vary for everyone depending on usage and water type.

Let us know how it goes, Good luck!

NightRyder

The 100% guarantee policy is the same for online purchases. You would have to pay shipping costs if there wasn't a Costco nearby. This beats any dealer warrantee for sure.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Returns or Exchanges

Costco.com has a 100% guarantee on all of our merchandise. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we offer two convenient return methods. Costco.com refunds include shipping and handling fees.

1. You can return the item to the nearest Costco Wholesale location. To find a location,

please click here.

2. If you are unable to return your order to one of our warehouses, please e-mail us at

customer service. Please include your name, order confirmation number, phone number, and

reason for return. You will be contacted regarding your return within 5 to 7 business days.

The 100% guarantee policy is the same for online purchases. You would have to pay shipping costs if there wasn't a Costco nearby. This beats any dealer warrantee for sure.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Returns or Exchanges

Costco.com has a 100% guarantee on all of our merchandise. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we offer two convenient return methods. Costco.com refunds include shipping and handling fees.

1. You can return the item to the nearest Costco Wholesale location. To find a location,

please click here.

2. If you are unable to return your order to one of our warehouses, please e-mail us at

customer service. Please include your name, order confirmation number, phone number, and

reason for return. You will be contacted regarding your return within 5 to 7 business days.

That is wonderfulll if you plan on bringing the tub back before you buy it. However, if you plan on keeping the tub you better plan on hiring someone to fix it eventually. They do have a great return policy though.

:D

HotSpring is now offering a spa at Costco.com

Not in the stores, just at

Costco.com

under $6K

Dealer's don't have warranties, manufacturer's do.

Costco's return policy is just that, a policy, not a warranty. Costco turns around and charges back the manufacturer, who may have a perfectly good, but used product.

If a manufacturer wants to take that risk for the volume of a Costco or other big box, good luck.

Costco's return policy is just that, a policy, not a warranty. Costco turns around and charges back the manufacturer, who may have a perfectly good, but used product.

If a manufacturer wants to take that risk for the volume of a Costco or other big box, good luck.

Yes, and if you're so unhappy that you have to return the spa, I'd say it was a poor investment of your time.

Yes, and if you're so unhappy that you have to return the spa, I'd say it was a poor investment of your time.

RELAX PEOPLE!!!!! I am simply taking the stereo out of the tub sending it to prospec electrics for a replacement. I NEVER said I would send the tub back. That is crazy!!!

Shelly :blink:

Also Cleaned the filters plus bought a new set.... AHHH Life is Grand!

RELAX PEOPLE!!!!! I am simply taking the stereo out of the tub sending it to prospec electrics for a replacement. I NEVER said I would send the tub back. That is crazy!!!

Shelly :blink:

Also Cleaned the filters plus bought a new set.... AHHH Life is Grand!

Just making a general comment, thats all. I hope you continue to enjoy your spa. :D

Most people don't care if the warrantee is through the dealer or the manufacturer. Your missing the point hottubdan. If you have a problem with the Costco spa you can take it back. You can't necessarily do that with one of your spas. You have a better spa but Costco has a better return policy. I still would choose the better spa in the first place.