Llooking For Assistance With These Test Results

rdefino

I'm using taylor 2006 for testing. This is basically my first time using this test kit, so I a little confused here. I tested the FC and it said if FC is present my sample will turn pink. When mine never did,so I guess I have no FC then. Is that good or bad?

Now since that sample is clear, how do I test for Chlorine. Or does that mean there is no chlorine present in the tub.

Ph is 7.8 - 8.0

TA-60

CH-60

CYA-should nothing. It said the sample would be cloudy, but it was clear. Is that good or bad.

So I was going to enter these number in the pool calculator but, I'm not sure how to enter the results for FC & CYA.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

I'm using taylor 2006 for testing. This is basically my first time using this test kit, so I a little confused here. I tested the FC and it said if FC is present my sample will turn pink. When mine never did,so I guess I have no FC then. Is that good or bad?

Now since that sample is clear, how do I test for Chlorine. Or does that mean there is no chlorine present in the tub.

Ph is 7.8 - 8.0

TA-60

CH-60

CYA-should nothing. It said the sample would be cloudy, but it was clear. Is that good or bad.

So I was going to enter these number in the pool calculator but, I'm not sure how to enter the results for FC & CYA.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

FC being zero is possible, ad this is bad. FC should never be 0. That means nothing is destroying bacteria. I like a FC of 3 to 5 when it peaks, and right around 1 or so when i use the tub. That's why I add bleach AFTER i soak, not before.

Your PH is a bit high, ideally you want it to be from 72. to 7.6. If it's not, it can cause some various issues, and irritate skin/eyes.

TA s a bit low, shoot for 70 to 120. 80 to 100 is really a nice place for me.

CH may or may not be a factor. It depends on your other numbers and how it affects your CSI (the wheel thing that came with your kit)SHoot for 0 or just under 0.

CYA needs to be around 30 or 40 if you are using bleach. If you are using Dichlor the number does not matter so much. However, unless this is a fresh fill, you should be seeing some CYA.

Ph is 7.8 - 8.0

TA-60

CH-60

Any thoughts?

Thanks

FC being zero is possible, ad this is bad. FC should never be 0. That means nothing is destroying bacteria. I like a FC of 3 to 5 when it peaks, and right around 1 or so when i use the tub. That's why I add bleach AFTER i soak, not before.

Your PH is a bit high, ideally you want it to be from 72. to 7.6. If it's not, it can cause some various issues, and irritate skin/eyes.

CH may or may not be a factor. It depends on your other numbers and how it affects your CSI (the wheel thing that came with your kit)SHoot for 0 or just under 0.

CYA needs to be around 30 or 40 if you are using bleach. If you are using Dichlor the number does not matter so much. However, unless this is a fresh fill, you should be seeing some CYA.

Thanks for the reply. This might be a stupid question but, to get FC I just need to add chlorine then?

Now you say use bleach after you soak, is this just regular liquid bleach, and how much is normally used.

Ph is 7.8 - 8.0

TA-60

CH-60

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Thanks for the reply. This might be a stupid question but, to get FC I just need to add chlorine then?

Now you say use bleach after you soak, is this just regular liquid bleach, and how much is normally used.

I just ran the number on pool calculator and it says I need to add some chmicals.

So, where it says to add bleach, or trichlor, or what ever...I do that...right?

Is there a certain order I should add them?

YOU SHOULD NOT ADD BLECH _yet.

Do a search on here for Nitro's Dichlor/Bleach method. It's very well documented. But to use it, you must build up 30 CYA, which you have not. Good news, this only takes a week or so to do.

For now, I add Dichlor. And yes, increasing FC is as simple as added Dichlor/bleach. Something you should do every day or every other day depending on use.

As far as order of chemicals, I typically adjust FC first, then TA and Third PH. I like to wait about 20 minutes or so between adding chemicals. But I don't retest and until a few hours after the last of the chemicals were added.

As a note, make small changes. If the pool calculator says add 3 oz. of chemical X, I like to add 2 oz. and see what happens. I find it's easier to manage this way until i get the hang of things.

Do a search on here for Nitro's Dichlor/Bleach method. It's very well documented. But to use it, you must build up 30 CYA, which you have not. Good news, this only takes a week or so to do.

For now, I add Dichlor. And yes, increasing FC is as simple as added Dichlor/bleach. Something you should do every day or every other day depending on use.

As far as order of chemicals, I typically adjust FC first, then TA and Third PH. I like to wait about 20 minutes or so between adding chemicals. But I don't retest and until a few hours after the last of the chemicals were added.

As a note, make small changes. If the pool calculator says add 3 oz. of chemical X, I like to add 2 oz. and see what happens. I find it's easier to manage this way until i get the hang of things.

Thanks,

What can I use to increase CYA?

Thanks,

What can I use to increase CYA?

Dichlor (Sodium Dichlor Granular Chlorine ) - this contains CYA. As Hrustar said follow Nitro's Dichlor/bleach method.

Ph is 7.8 - 8.0

TA-60

CH-60

Any thoughts?

Thanks

You also did not mention whether you have an ozonator. I have one and if I am NOT using the tub frequently (like every day) I need to add Dichlor/bleach in order to compensate for the chlorine getting oxygenated (eaten). Now if I use the tub more often the ozonator works wonders, but it is a little tricky to get a handle on. From the sounds of it you have at least a little way to go before switching over to the bleach. See Nitro's water maintenance (Godsend!) and stick to it religiously. After about a week of adding Dichlor (granular chlorine) you CYA should be ~25-30. I like hrustar's process of adding Dichlor/Bleach AFTER your soak. If your FC is ~2 when you soak your soak will eat that up, so after add enough to get it back to between 3 and 5ppm