Moving Tub With Utility Trailer, Is It Ok To Hang Over Sides?

HOT HEAD

Looking to move a tiger river bengal tub. specs say it is 7' x 7'6" I have a tiltable 4x8 utility trailer just over 4'wide is it ok for the tub to stick out over thr side?? My plan was to have a couple guys tilt the tub up at angle, then back the trailer under ( tilted ) let the tub down on the deck of the trailer, and slide on. strap down etc. Am I crazy?? Trailer is like the ones you see at home depot etc but is a little more heavy duty and is rated at 1200 lbs.

Looking to move a tiger river bengal tub. specs say it is 7' x 7'6" I have a tiltable 4x8 utility trailer just over 4'wide is it ok for the tub to stick out over thr side?? My plan was to have a couple guys tilt the tub up at angle, then back the trailer under ( tilted ) let the tub down on the deck of the trailer, and slide on. strap down etc. Am I crazy?? Trailer is like the ones you see at home depot etc but is a little more heavy duty and is rated at 1200 lbs.

How far are you planning on towing it? If it were me, I would put some wood down under the tub that is the width of the tub for support, or set the tub up on its side and strap it down.

How far are you planning on towing it? If it were me, I would put some wood down under the tub that is the width of the tub for support, or set the tub up on its side and strap it down.

Distance is a good question and important variable.

If you do use this trailer make sure you get it far enough forward to get weight on the tongue or you are likely to have all kinds of problems! AND if you decide to move it on its side be VERY careful of any turns. You will have a very top heavy load. (even with the equipment side down).

Can you back the trailer directly to the pickup point and the drop point. If not study on how to move it to where the trailer will be. This is a do-able job with proper help and planning.

Distance is a good question and important variable.

If you do use this trailer make sure you get it far enough forward to get weight on the tongue or you are likely to have all kinds of problems! AND if you decide to move it on its side be VERY careful of any turns. You will have a very top heavy load. (even with the equipment side down).

Can you back the trailer directly to the pickup point and the drop point. If not study on how to move it to where the trailer will be. This is a do-able job with proper help and planning.

One word, two syllables: plywood. Lots and lots of plywood. When I moved my spa 2 months ago I didn't have enough to get over a stupid little bump near my gate (long logistical story) and I had to end-over-end it to get it through the gate. Go to shipping places and see if they have crappy dying pallets that you can get from them. Just break the 2x4's off and use the plywood. Even if it's a little cracked, it'll work to fill voids.

-PKil

If secured properly with 2 ratchet straps and softeners on it's side, equipment side down. It will take the whole trailer with it if it goes over, but it won't!!

I am a little weary of it being on it's side on such a small trailer, I am planning to haul it bottom down as it sits. Yes I can back the trailer right up to where it is, and where it's going. I have some of the large ratchet straps I am planning to use. My only concern was with the entire underside being not supported. I am no stranger to hauling things, just never a tub before. Tub is about a hour and half away from me. The trailer is flat across wheel wells are even with the deck of the trailer which works out perfect.

I am a little weary of it being on it's side on such a small trailer, I am planning to haul it bottom down as it sits. Yes I can back the trailer right up to where it is, and where it's going. I have some of the large ratchet straps I am planning to use. My only concern was with the entire underside being not supported. I am no stranger to hauling things, just never a tub before. Tub is about a hour and half away from me. The trailer is flat across wheel wells are even with the deck of the trailer which works out perfect.

Make sure the equipment side is on the trailer and not hanging over. You should be fine. Maybe slide a couple 2x4's across and under the tub.