Ice Storm!

landolaker

Just bought a brand new Arctic Spa Yukon 2 weeks ago. Lost power for 5 days in a row due to the ice storm that crippled Eastern Ontario/Ottawa area. When power was restored we opened up the tub to see the temperature....76 degrees! Unreal. We bought this tub on a neighbours recommendation because of the insulation and how they can handle the elements. Needless to say it passed its first test with flying colours. In addition it has been an amazing tub. Very comfortable with several different seating options. We are using the AquaFinesse product and it is working very well. Water levels are good, water is clear, and we smell just fine after getting out.

Also I want to mention the Arctic Spa Durham team for excellent delivery, service, and follow-up. During this "crisis" we did contact them and got their recommendations. They have been A1 and I recommend buying from them if you are going to get an Arctic.

Wowsers! I was tempted to hit the power on my tub when it was -40'C here and watch it to see how much heat it owuld lose throughout the day... but I was worried that if i purposely trip the GFC or breaker, than when I turn it on, Murphy's law would kick in and i wouldnt be able to get power back! But seeing as how you had no power for 5 days, thats impressive... depending on outside temps i guess....

cheers

Just bought a brand new Arctic Spa Yukon 2 weeks ago. Lost power for 5 days in a row due to the ice storm that crippled Eastern Ontario/Ottawa area. When power was restored we opened up the tub to see the temperature....76 degrees! Unreal. We bought this tub on a neighbours recommendation because of the insulation and how they can handle the elements. Needless to say it passed its first test with flying colours. In addition it has been an amazing tub. Very comfortable with several different seating options. We are using the AquaFinesse product and it is working very well. Water levels are good, water is clear, and we smell just fine after getting out.

Also I want to mention the Arctic Spa Durham team for excellent delivery, service, and follow-up. During this "crisis" we did contact them and got their recommendations. They have been A1 and I recommend buying from them if you are going to get an Arctic.

Glad to hear, other than the weather of late, that its been a good experience. Happy Tubbin'!

Vern