Help Identifying, So Can Order Parts

Jbuck

Got my used hot tub wired and filled with water, when I started one of the pumps there was a water leak. It appears to me the seal around where the motor shaft enters the pump is most likley bad. The pump is marked Jacuzzi Mod. S35A9-B Gatsby, Order 94216967, Manufacutre Date 16 March 01. Searching the Net I can't find any pump overhaul kits that reference by that model or order number. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Got my used hot tub wired and filled with water, when I started one of the pumps there was a water leak. It appears to me the seal around where the motor shaft enters the pump is most likley bad. The pump is marked Jacuzzi Mod. S35A9-B Gatsby, Order 94216967, Manufacutre Date 16 March 01. Searching the Net I can't find any pump overhaul kits that reference by that model or order number. Any suggestions? Thanks.

If you have slice valves and can take the pump out it's most likely your local dealer will have a seal. Or a service tech.

What Roger said is easiest; pull the pump and take it to a motor shop that works on pool and spa equipment.

What you're looking for is one of these guys: http://www.aquasuperstore.com/SearchResult...?CategoryID=108

You'd have to take your motor out, take off the front of the wet end (pump), try to get the impeller off - 1/2 of the time the impeller breaks - unscrew the 4 really long bolts that holds the pump onto the motor, then replace the seal, and put it all back together again.

I hope this helps! :)

What Roger said is easiest; pull the pump and take it to a motor shop that works on pool and spa equipment.

What you're looking for is one of these guys: http://www.aquasuperstore.com/SearchResult...?CategoryID=108

You'd have to take your motor out, take off the front of the wet end (pump), try to get the impeller off - 1/2 of the time the impeller breaks - unscrew the 4 really long bolts that holds the pump onto the motor, then replace the seal, and put it all back together again.

I hope this helps! :)

And if that doesn't work...(it's amazing what rust will do to a pump shaft!!) , buy a whole new motor/pump..alot of times when you add in frustration factor time anf effort, this is the best and fastest way to proceed.

Ok, I have decided to replace the whole wet end, in the past I have overhauled several Wayne, shallow well, water pumps and you are right, most often the impeller gets damaged while being removed. I think I have the ability to change wet ends here in my shop but I still have not been able to determine which part number I need to order by referencing the information provided in my first post. If anyone has a cross reference chart (if there is even one) I would appriciate knowing which wet end to order. Thanks.

Ok, I have decided to replace the whole wet end, in the past I have overhauled several Wayne, shallow well, water pumps and you are right, most often the impeller gets damaged while being removed. I think I have the ability to change wet ends here in my shop but I still have not been able to determine which part number I need to order by referencing the information provided in my first post. If anyone has a cross reference chart (if there is even one) I would appriciate knowing which wet end to order. Thanks.

You don't want to replace the wet end unless it's absolutely necessary. It matches up with the existing plumbing on your spa. That's all that matters, really; that the wet end matches up with your plumbing. And on a Jacuzzi that may not be so easy to do. It also needs to match up with the hp of your motor, obviously.

Jacuzzi is very proprietary. There is one guy that posts on here sometimes who knows about the finer details. Maybe He'll pitch in to help if you've really got your heart set on replacing things.

What's your primary objective here; saving money, having a project, reducing your spa downtime... ?

The pump is marked Jacuzzi Mod. S35A9-B Gatsby, Order 94216967, Manufacutre Date 16 March 01.

Wasn't this a run of tubs made by Jacuzzi for blue ridge/gatsby and the big box deal? This may be a standerd 48 or 56 frame none proprietary seal?

The pump is marked Jacuzzi Mod. S35A9-B Gatsby, Order 94216967, Manufacutre Date 16 March 01.

Wasn't this a run of tubs made by Jacuzzi for blue ridge/gatsby and the big box deal? This may be a standerd 48 or 56 frame none proprietary seal?

Yes it was, got it really cheap, going to see if we use it enough to justify buying a better one. I called the toll free number on the owners manual told them the serial number a new wet end is on the way. Glad to findout all parts are still in stock and can be obtained. Thanks for your replies and am sure I will be asking a lot more questions in the future, like how do you keep the foam down? Thanks again.

Yes it was, got it really cheap, going to see if we use it enough to justify buying a better one. I called the toll free number on the owners manual told them the serial number a new wet end is on the way. Glad to findout all parts are still in stock and can be obtained. Thanks for your replies and am sure I will be asking a lot more questions in the future, like how do you keep the foam down? Thanks again.

I am new to this forum as well... We have spent 4 years replacing various parts of our used spa. It can be a pain, but still a lot less $$ than buying new.

For foam reduction, just buy spa-grade anti-foam from Lowes (can be found in the spa/pool area). $6 or so a bottle, and half a capful works like a charm.

I am new to this forum as well... We have spent 4 years replacing various parts of our used spa. It can be a pain, but still a lot less $$ than buying new.

For foam reduction, just buy spa-grade anti-foam from Lowes (can be found in the spa/pool area). $6 or so a bottle, and half a capful works like a charm.

Hey Thanks