When To Turn Off The Salt Generator

mlobitz

Night time temps are in the 50s now. Water temp is in the high 60s. When should I turn off my salt generator? I have it running at 10% with weekly chlorine DPD checks of 3.0 or better. Don't want my water to turn green, but there seems to be plenty of Chlorine in there. PH and TA are all within limits. CH is 250 ppm. So far so good....also, when do I need to clean the generator cell? It's still plugging along with a problem. It has gone through two summers without a single warning to clean from the automated system.

Any help is appreciated.

Night time temps are in the 50s now. Water temp is in the high 60s. When should I turn off my salt generator? I have it running at 10% with weekly chlorine DPD checks of 3.0 or better. Don't want my water to turn green, but there seems to be plenty of Chlorine in there. PH and TA are all within limits. CH is 250 ppm. So far so good....also, when do I need to clean the generator cell? It's still plugging along with a problem. It has gone through two summers without a single warning to clean from the automated system.

Any help is appreciated.

Depending on which Chlorine generator you have, the unit may turn itself off once the water temp drops to a predetermined temp.

As a good practice, you should take the cell out every month (summer time) and inspect it for build up and clean as necessary, Refer to your manual for your manufacturers specific recommendations.

Night time temps are in the 50s now. Water temp is in the high 60s. When should I turn off my salt generator? I have it running at 10% with weekly chlorine DPD checks of 3.0 or better. Don't want my water to turn green, but there seems to be plenty of Chlorine in there. PH and TA are all within limits. CH is 250 ppm. So far so good....also, when do I need to clean the generator cell? It's still plugging along without a problem. It has gone through two summers without a single warning to clean from the automated system.

Any help is appreciated.

Depending on which Chlorine generator you have, the unit may turn itself off once the water temp drops to a predetermined temp.

As a good practice, you should take the cell out every month (summer time) and inspect it for build up and clean as necessary, Refer to your manual for your manufacturers specific recommendations.

I have a Jandy Aquapure. It's cylindrical with unions on the top and bottom. The electrical connection is on the side. Anything I need to be aware of before I disconnect the power and unions before I clean. I'm aware of the 2 to 1 ratio of water to acid, yes no water into the acid only acid into water, but what else should I expect. I have cleaned out my cartridge filter, so I'm not afraid to work on the equipment. The pool cleaning service I used to use had me turn the Aquapure off by setting it to 0%. Can't remember when that was last year. I'm guessing somewhere around 55%.

Anything I need to be aware of before I disconnect the power and unions before I clean.

Make sure the pump is off (or wont come on automatically during your service).

I'm aware of the 2 to 1 ratio of water to acid, yes no water into the acid only acid into water,

4 parts water 1 part acid is the mix Jandy recomends. Soak for a 1/2 hour only.

The pool cleaning service I used to use had me turn the Aquapure off by setting it to 0%.

That will work fine.