Saratoga Grand

lree32

Hi I posted a couple of weeks ago, but did not get even one reply! I am looking to find out from possibly a dealer or tech to see if a Saratoga Grand 09 floor model spa price at $7,495. including cover and steps is a good deal or do you think I still have some negotiating room? In August it was dealer listed at $8,495, but it is still on the floor now in mid October. It has a few cosmetic scratches, but looks good overall.

Any input would be greatly appreciated! Unlike a car it seems impossible to comparison shop on a floor model spa or spa's in general unless I'm missing something (which may be the case).

Thanks and I hope to get one or two replies with some direction so I may negotiate with some back up info!!

Hi I posted a couple of weeks ago, but did not get even one reply! I am looking to find out from possibly a dealer or tech to see if a Saratoga Grand 09 floor model spa price at $7,495. including cover and steps is a good deal or do you think I still have some negotiating room? In August it was dealer listed at $8,495, but it is still on the floor now in mid October. It has a few cosmetic scratches, but looks good overall.

Any input would be greatly appreciated! Unlike a car it seems impossible to comparison shop on a floor model spa or spa's in general unless I'm missing something (which may be the case).

Thanks and I hope to get one or two replies with some direction so I may negotiate with some back up info!!

I'm in California, and haven't heard of them. Their web site is a bit dodgy and they have no 2008 - 2009 owner's manual online. But it looks like they were using decent VS Balboa spa packs. Maybe confirm what they're using currently. The spa certainly has a lot of features and extras!

Back in the day we used to sell Blue Pacific hot tubs, a local small town company, and they made each spa by hand (meaning not an assembly line sort of process). The cabinets were solid and second to none. They never did update what they were doing and now they're totally out-dated, but we service some of those spas that are 10-12 years old and they keep running like new. I have one in my back yard and I wouldn't trade it for anything except a Hot Spring Vanguard maybe :)

Anyway, if the Grand has been running with water in it as a floor model then it's definitely over priced. Also, because of the date on the equipment you're not going to get your full warranty from the equipment manufacturers. Ask what the mfg. date is.

Since the spa is still there maybe throw out an offer for $5,000 and see what happens. They're probably anxious to sell a 2009 floor model at this point.

You can always call the manufacturer and ask for other dealer locations. Then call around and see what another dealer is offering. Sometimes those manufacturer's even have their own showroom and sell direct! So check it out.

For $7,495 you can get a scratch and dent special on brand new Sundance. Or a smaller Hot Spring.

I hope this helps a bit!

I've never heard of the brand, but I think it's high. For $7.5k you should have many, many options in 7' spas. However, pricing guidance on spas is sparse as you know. As a couple of data points, our calspa dealer has an Eclipse III 748L for $5500. I've read that you can get D1 Wayfarers for $6kish if you push hard enough. (not around here though). Good luck.

I used to be a dealer for Saratoga. They are not the most well known brand but they do make a good spa. They are pricey. I don't know how bad this dealer wants to move the spa, but I would doubt they will go below $7k, definately not $5k. The last year I sold them was 2005 and even then $7495 would have been a good price. Regarding the above post, the spa should have a full warranty.

Thank you all for the helpful replies! I am also going to look at Hotspring this weekend (Vanguard) at my closest dealer which is about a half hour away (I live in western CT). Not sure what the price is in comparision to the Saratoga Grand, but I do understand Hotspring is a well known good spa so I supect that they are somewhat pricey. The Saratoga dealer is much closer to my home and I do understand that it is a good spa as well.

I want a well known good brand from a dealer who will back up the spa. Looking for one that seats 5 to 6 adults (no lounger) for no more than $7k out the door w/cover & steps. I thought about the Costco spa, but even though they give a full return/refund who wants to deal with that!!?? I want a spa that's reliable and stays put once in my yard. These things aren't all that easy to move so returning one is not something I care to do.

Thanks again!!

• 3 weeks later...

used to work for them at the factory (8yrs). It is a smaller company in upstate ny who is struggling now (failure to adapt to market changes, management issues). Used to be a nice product but has slipped a little in quality over the past couple years. I would shop around a little more. jmho