Soon To Be New Spa Owner

Greetings everyone from Connecticut.

After looking at hot tubs for the past 7 years my wife and I decided it was time to get one. So this weekend we went to the "Big E" which is a multi state fair held every year in Springfield Mass. We chose to go here as there are a lot of hot tub dealers. (Yeah I know never buy a hot tub at a fair, but this is the place where you can see lots of tubs from lots of companies.)

We went to the first place and my wife instantly fell in love with this 12' x 24' pool house which they call a "Governors Cottage"

gov_cottage.jpg

The unit is screened in on three sides and will fit the hot tub perfectly. Then there is a room we are going to turn into a bar area / changing area. There is a sliding glass door between the spa and the changing room / bar. Each room (spa room and changing room) have ceiling fans in them. The cost of the unit delivered and installed is $11,295.

We then looked at hot tubs and the one we liked the most was from Master Spas, it was their Twilight Series TS 8.3 model. The price of the unit was $7,500 delivered.

We then went back to the first place again with the Governors Cottage and while waking to check it out one more time we saw another hot tub we liked, this one was an Elite Spas by Maax model ES. This one had more of what my wife wanted in it and looked nicer. We then got the spec sheets and compaired the two and decided on going with the Maax ES model, but before I did I went back to both sales people and asked them which one they thought was the best and surprisingly the Masterspas salesman told me that the Max was the better spa and that it was built better and that the warranty was better.

So we went back to the other dealer and put in our order. Since its a custom order it will be here in about 4 weeks. :)

Can't wait to get it. :)

but before I did I went back to both sales people and asked them which one they thought was the best and surprisingly the Masterspas salesman told me that the Max was the better spa and that it was built better and that the warranty was better.

I'm impressed with the guy's honesty. :)

Very nice looking Cottage by the way. Should be a very nice set up.

I'm more of a "soak under the stars" kind of guy but that cottage looks cool and the price looks reasonable from the picture and size.

I would rather be under the stars as well. My father had a hot tub growing up and there was nothing better then having it cold and snowing outside and sitting in the nice hot tub.

But honestly if we were not getting the house then my wife wouldn't let me get the tub, so since its still outside just screened in its a fair trade.

She wants me to find a LCD TV to mount above the sliding glass doors inside the house so this way we can watch TV or a movie while sitting in the hot tub.

My wife is now wondering if we need to get a building permit for the house and the electrical work, I am unsure, since the house is being delivered already built and am nervous about having an electrical inspection since our house is from the 30's and he might want us to do other work in the house in order to give his ok to wiring the hot tub. We are going to be going from 100amp service to 200 amp service.

Got to admit I am real nervous and excited about all of this. :)

I'm more of a "soak under the stars" kind of guy but that cottage looks cool and the price looks reasonable from the picture and size.

I would rather be under the stars as well. My father had a hot tub growing up and there was nothing better then having it cold and snowing outside and sitting in the nice hot tub.

But honestly if we were not getting the house then my wife wouldn't let me get the tub, so since its still outside just screened in its a fair trade.

She wants me to find a LCD TV to mount above the sliding glass doors inside the house so this way we can watch TV or a movie while sitting in the hot tub.

My wife is now wondering if we need to get a building permit for the house and the electrical work, I am unsure, since the house is being delivered already built and am nervous about having an electrical inspection since our house is from the 30's and he might want us to do other work in the house in order to give his ok to wiring the hot tub. We are going to be going from 100amp service to 200 amp service.

Got to admit I am real nervous and excited about all of this. :)

Electric fan in my state has to be 8 feet from the water line. Im sure your smart enough not to adjust a fan while in the water. I can't imagine an inspection would allow for it.

Make sure its all up to code. Be safe.

• 3 weeks later...

ts been a few weeks but I wanted to make sure I had all my ducks lined up in a row, and that meant going through the building permit / zoning process.

We have received all the permits now from the town and last week had the electricity upgraded from 100 amp service to 200 amp service.

This Thursday they are putting in the foundation to the hot tub house, and next week the house and hot tub should be coming.

We are going to put a 32 inch LCD TV so that we can watch TV in the Hottub when we are out there. I figured out how to wire the sound into the Hot Tub's stereo so that the TV's sound comes from the speakers in the Hot Tub. :)

My wife went out and purchased some nice wicker furniture for use in the changing room. We are going to move our bar from inside the house to inside the hot tub house as well.

I am starting to get excited now. The only thing I am concerned about is that the electrical might not be hooked up outside when they deliver the hot tub, and I would really like them there to get me all set up since this is my first hottub.

The only reason the electricity is not hooked up there yet is because we are waiting for the house to go in and then we are not sure where to put the plug to.

I can't wait. :)

Greetings everyone from Connecticut.

After looking at hot tubs for the past 7 years my wife and I decided it was time to get one. So this weekend we went to the "Big E" which is a multi state fair held every year in Springfield Mass. We chose to go here as there are a lot of hot tub dealers. (Yeah I know never buy a hot tub at a fair, but this is the place where you can see lots of tubs from lots of companies.)

We went to the first place and my wife instantly fell in love with this 12' x 24' pool house which they call a "Governors Cottage"

gov_cottage.jpg

The unit is screened in on three sides and will fit the hot tub perfectly. Then there is a room we are going to turn into a bar area / changing area. There is a sliding glass door between the spa and the changing room / bar. Each room (spa room and changing room) have ceiling fans in them. The cost of the unit delivered and installed is $11,295.

We then looked at hot tubs and the one we liked the most was from Master Spas, it was their Twilight Series TS 8.3 model. The price of the unit was $7,500 delivered.

We then went back to the first place again with the Governors Cottage and while waking to check it out one more time we saw another hot tub we liked, this one was an Elite Spas by Maax model ES. This one had more of what my wife wanted in it and looked nicer. We then got the spec sheets and compaired the two and decided on going with the Maax ES model, but before I did I went back to both sales people and asked them which one they thought was the best and surprisingly the Masterspas salesman told me that the Max was the better spa and that it was built better and that the warranty was better.

So we went back to the other dealer and put in our order. Since its a custom order it will be here in about 4 weeks. :)

Can't wait to get it. :)

Wow that gazebo is BEAUTIFUL!!! If I had the room and didn't live in a town house I would totally get something like that! Please take pictures when you have it all done, I would love to see how everything turns out!

hottublady