First Time Buyer In Atl

tali1

We are looking to purchase a hot tub and have been looking at the Bullfrog, Maaxx and just recently the Marquis. We were all set to purchase the bullfrog until I started researching and found this forum. I really like the idea of the jet paks but wonder how often I would switch them out. One competitor told us you have to drain the tub each time you swap out a jet pak. Is this true? I have not seen many comments concerning the Maaxx tubs. The dealer seems very well liked by his customers and has a A+ ranking with the BBB. Any thoughts on the Maaxx? Then we found Marquis tubs and my main question is why is there such a large difference in the warranties between the everyday line of tubs and the regular tubs? Are they not made by the same company? Are you paying top dollar just for the warranty or is there other differences? I know everyone here says the HS or Sundance are the tops in the field and we will be looking at them soon also but am afraid they will be too high priced.

Thanks all

We are looking to purchase a hot tub and have been looking at the Bullfrog, Maaxx and just recently the Marquis. We were all set to purchase the bullfrog until I started researching and found this forum. I really like the idea of the jet paks but wonder how often I would switch them out. One competitor told us you have to drain the tub each time you swap out a jet pak. Is this true? I have not seen many comments concerning the Maaxx tubs. The dealer seems very well liked by his customers and has a A+ ranking with the BBB. Any thoughts on the Maaxx? Then we found Marquis tubs and my main question is why is there such a large difference in the warranties between the everyday line of tubs and the regular tubs? Are they not made by the same company? Are you paying top dollar just for the warranty or is there other differences? I know everyone here says the HS or Sundance are the tops in the field and we will be looking at them soon also but am afraid they will be too high priced.

Thanks all

You do not need to drain the tub each time you change a jetpack. You can watch a small video on their website that shows a pack being changed. We watched a sales person change the jetpack when we wet tested and it really didn't seem that difficult. I have never heard of a Maax tub. Good question about the Marquis. I will be interested in the answer.

Thanks all

Take a look at as many as you can in your area and then wet test the top 3 or so; take you time. Go to the websites of the better known spas companies and see who may be local to you.

On the Bullfrog question, I've always questioned whether people really will ever be changing out jetpacks. To further that thought, ask how much a new jetpack is and I think you'll find that it'll seldom be done but I'm not knocking them, the concept is a novel one and Bullfrog seems to get decent reviews but I’ve always through the jetpacks to be more about Marketing than anything. Check them out, you may like them.

You like to hear positive reviews from current owners of the brands you’re looking for but Maxx doesn't get too much press on these boards though so you may not see much on them but at the same time that goes both ways because you proably won't see too many negatives about them either. If they’re local check them out too.

The question about the Marquis warranty is a common misconception. Most premium spa makers have a top of the line brand and then one or more secondary (second tier) brands where the warranty is less. The lesser warranty is not necessarily a reflection on the quality of the spa as some people assume it to be. The reality is that warranties cost companies $$, plain and simple. That gets added to the price of the spa. By lessening the warranty on their secondary line a company is able to lower the price to the end consumer.

Thanks all

Maax spas until recently were the Coleman Spas. There are the same tubs, just under the Maax name. I been selling them and they are really nice spas, In My opinion they give you the most for the money. The Company who owns Maax is strong and they really take care of customers.

The warranties of spas are indeed included in the price. Most have 5 year plumbing and equipment, 3 year on lights and 1 year on any radio features. Wet test spas and any you pick that are made from a name spa manufacture as you have listed, you will fine.

Thanks all

Maax spas until recently were the Coleman Spas. There are the same tubs, just under the Maax name. I been selling them and they are really nice spas, In My opinion they give you the most for the money. The Company who owns Maax is strong and they really take care of customers.

The warranties of spas are indeed included in the price. Most have 5 year plumbing and equipment, 3 year on lights and 1 year on any radio features. Wet test spas and any you pick that are made from a name spa manufacture as you have listed, you will fine.

Thank you all for the helpful information. I have heard that HS makes the Caldera line also. Is this correct? The only local dealer for them in our area is RecWhse and I have seen too many negative comments concerning them to want to purchase from them. Our local HS dealer only had two used tubs on the floor which surprised me.

Thank you all for the helpful information. I have heard that HS makes the Caldera line also. Is this correct? The only local dealer for them in our area is RecWhse and I have seen too many negative comments concerning them to want to purchase from them. Our local HS dealer only had two used tubs on the floor which surprised me.

Hi Tali you might want to look at the sundance line.

Hi Tali you might want to look at the sundance line.

Sorry i meant to say sundance has 3 lines of spa to meet anybody budget.

I would also recommend that you check out the @Home line from D1 Spas, they are very reasonably priced and the quality is top notch. I would suggest you check out their website and at least take a look at them.

http://www.d1spas.com/spas-@home.html

If you have any questions about the D1 warranties, just let me know..!

Dennis

D1 Spas

Tech Rep

Yes, Watkins is the manufacturer and they make Caldera and Hot Spring.

Make sure you wet test. I did not like the Sundance optima (my sister has the Sundance maxamus and loves it), I really like the Hotsprings moto massage, but in the end I like the Bullfrog 462 seating and loved the jets. Now I just have to choose which jetpaks I want.

bottom line ... WET TEST WET TEST WET TEST WET TEST WET TEST WET TEST.