Direct Buy Service

paintnsunni

I was watching a T.V. add on Direct Buy service and they talked about spas and the money they would save over a consumer buying a spa on their own. They claim that they deal direct with the factories and the local dealer delivers the spa and services it. I have never heard of this tll today. Is it for real?

I've seen the ads for Direct Buy on the Home Improvement channels claiming to be able save you 30-50% off of furnitures, appliances, and other things for home DYI. It seems too good to be true.

I've got my name in to get more infor and I'll see what happens. I have a feeling I'm going to get the hard sell, but if I find out anything, I'll let you know.

I just had a home built and spent about 500k and by the looks of there show. I cild have saved about 150k!!!! If that's true, I am depressed!

Now that's hysterical. For a guy spending numerous hours on this site defending a brand due to the fact that he saved a few thousand dollars, that same person spends a half million dollars on a house! Maybe you should have investigated Costco before you built!

Now that's hysterical. For a guy spending numerous hours on this site defending a brand due to the fact that he saved a few thousand dollars, that same person spends a half million dollars on a house! Maybe you should have investigated Costco before you built!

At first, I thought the EXACT same thing and I realized that on the net, you can be who you want :rolleyes: and make as much money as you want :rolleyes: and work for anyone you want :rolleyes: . :P Me, I'm a plastic surgeon when I'm not operating my business consulting company! :lol:

At first, I thought the EXACT same thing and I realized that on the net, you can be who you want :rolleyes: and make as much money as you want :rolleyes: and work for anyone you want :rolleyes: . :P Me, I'm a plastic surgeon when I'm not operating my business consulting company! :lol:

Me, I'm just a lowly barge engine mechanic, bilge pump troubleshooter by day (not really). However some day I aspire to greater heights, perhaps even eclipsing the fantasy life of Paintboy. I want to become a famous plastic surgeon specializing in female breast enhancements for movie stars, lol.

whats your point other then a personal attack for which I am being admonished by the moderatir for?

You have evaded every question asked of you and you only give your opinion rather the any facts at all

whats your point other then a personal attack for which I am being admonished by the moderatir for?

You have evaded every question asked of you and you only give your opinion rather the any facts at all

Not a personal attack at all. Your story just reminded me of my grandfather who pinched pennies by going to multiple supermarkets to save a bit here and a bit there, but when purchasing vehicles, he only went to one dealership and never shopped prices of the much higher ticket item! You have similarly made an issue on most of your posts about the Costco HydroSpa unit and the $$ you saved over other brand name products yet you have the resources to pay for a half million dollar house. I don't begrudge you, but your philosophy just seems a bit inconsistent to me that's all. The Costco comment was thrown in for those who had the ability to catch the sarcasm.

And don't include me with those who only give opinions without facts. I have defended the HydroSpa products as ones which look great on paper, but questioned the reliability of the mfg based on other factors such as no dealerships in a 7 million person market and the overwhelming number of negative responses on their products vs all other mfgs. I even agreed that the description of their process on their website as well as the components they use appear to be in line with others. But what is still puzzling to me is how they can produce a comparable quality unit at 1/2 the price of a similar unit (even when subtracting out a dealer's markup). As I mentioned before, the test of time will be the sole determinant as to it's overall quality.

Not a personal attack at all. Your story just reminded me of my grandfather who pinched pennies by going to multiple supermarkets to save a bit here and a bit there, but when purchasing vehicles, he only went to one dealership and never shopped prices of the much higher ticket item! You have similarly made an issue on most of your posts about the Costco HydroSpa unit and the $$ you saved over other brand name products yet you have the resources to pay for a half million dollar house. I don't begrudge you, but your philosophy just seems a bit inconsistent to me that's all. The Costco comment was thrown in for those who had the ability to catch the sarcasm.

And don't include me with those who only give opinions without facts. I have defended the HydroSpa products as ones which look great on paper, but questioned the reliability of the mfg based on other factors such as no dealerships in a 7 million person market and the overwhelming number of negative responses on their products vs all other mfgs. I even agreed that the description of their process on their website as well as the components they use appear to be in line with others. But what is still puzzling to me is how they can produce a comparable quality unit at 1/2 the price of a similar unit (even when subtracting out a dealer's markup). As I mentioned before, the test of time will be the sole determinant as to it's overall quality.

Your right! I do have the money to pay cash for any spa I choose and don't worry about 500k for a home, unfortunatly is the going rate! no snobbery implied. With that said, I did look at many spas from 2k 10 18k and decided what the value was.......even you agree they appear to be well equiped and well built. As to the price......Costo only marks it up 15 percent thats all! If you look online the Hydrospa omni was 7 thosand youd agree.

The costco elite spa is a premium Leisure series "prestine" spa that retails close to 10 thousand. there are a few differances ie...steel frame less insulation and choice of only starry night blue and everwood redwood skirting. You can't custom order the spa. The price difference is mostly dealer markup I would assume. Costco is blatantly honest about spas sold, mark up, returns and amount the will recive. I have never seen a dealership that open about spa priceing let alone there profit so you have a great question but peraps shoul rephrase it to put the burden on the dealer to show value of the more expensive spa. Costco is what it is! nothing to hide.

As for comfort, never heard one complaint reguarding that even on this forum.

I have not seen one post where Hydrospa has not serviced a tub and refused to honor a warranty repair on a spa......long drive from florida -_--_-

I am not sure how they undercut alot of the competition on a well made quality spa but they do...I'd be more then happy to back that statement factually and non bashing as to brand or person......

This is my opinion based on my personal research of 5 name brand spas and no I didn't cheat anyone nor waste anyones time, that only happens when you have no intention of makeing a purchase, I did! But,comparison shopped and purchased what I felt was a great value and a quality built spa.

I am pretty new to this site and have asked a few questions and read through hundreds of posts, please explain to me why paint has to be bashed at every turn? I understand that he/she has defended his or her choice of products to purchase and I see no problem in that, however paint has asked a question about Direct Buy and even that turned into bashing dont you find that a bit crazy. I also have interest in finding out about direct buy so if anybody has any information would you please post it. FYI I am leaning towards the costco tub myself, I just purchased a home that eclipsed 600K and make several hundred thousand a year, because I work hard does and have extra money to spend does that mean that I dont want to save money when I can or better yet have the right to save money.

Dnjsdad

He's not bashed at every turn as you suggest. Since you are brand new, you should read all of his posts and the responses to them. I think some have responded in less than respectable fashion but many of us just question his motives and agenda since almost all of his posts have to do with the Costco spas. If disagreeing with him in your opinion equals bashing, then we will agree to disagree. I have always tried to deal in facts with paint, but I believe he ignores much of the negativity surrounding the HydroSpa line and what folks have written about them. If you want to save a few bucks buying what I think is a questionable product without dealer support, then knock your socks off. If the tub is a bust, at least you will have plenty of money to buy another one!

I am pretty new to this site and have asked a few questions and read through hundreds of posts, please explain to me why paint has to be bashed at every turn? I understand that he/she has defended his or her choice of products to purchase and I see no problem in that, however paint has asked a question about Direct Buy and even that turned into bashing dont you find that a bit crazy. I also have interest in finding out about direct buy so if anybody has any information would you please post it. FYI I am leaning towards the costco tub myself, I just purchased a home that eclipsed 600K and make several hundred thousand a year, because I work hard does and have extra money to spend does that mean that I dont want to save money when I can or better yet have the right to save money.

Dnjsdad

There's only one way paint will learn that the costco unit is less of a unit than one of the high end tubs for more money. And that is for him to find out for himself. This is fine, some people have to learn that way and will never ever take the advice of anyone, even if they have years more experience and have been working with and around hot tubs for all of there career, it's still not enough for some people. I have come to respect that, my opinion means nothing to him and it's OK with me. I'm out nothing.

Matter of fact I am going to work on one of those bargain tubs tonight, 4 years old and making a funny noise when it filters, no worrys probably just the pump or pump seal. Or the motor mount has come loose from it's plywood base inside. It's the little things. She bought this one from Home Depot, I make money on the bargain brands and the local dealers don't like servicing them so they push almost all of them my way. Home depot don't sell them any more and we don't have a costco here.....yet..... so there isn't many around, and the ones that are around are fading fast because they have stopped selling them for a few years, So theres only a few hundred around that don't have a dealer attached to them. paint is right about one thing Waterway, Balboa is easy to get. Some times it hard to get the exact same style as they may not make it for the average joe to purchase (they make it for just that brand) but there is almost aways a comperable style that will work just fine that just won't match the rest.

500K aint that much money for a home, depending on where you are. If he built say, last summer or fall, and is in the Northeast or West coast, he's lucky if he could have put a trailer on a lot for that. :lol:

Go ask costco! as for your spa...how much is the markup........

When in retail, I couldn't produce the value that Term obviously does :lol: but we were running at 14 points. There's your "proof" I guess that dealers are better value than box stores.

Sorry...I didn't see your answer to what YOU assume a dealers PM is day to day.... Thanks in advance for answering this....

When in retail, I couldn't produce the value that Term obviously does :lol: but we were running at 14 points. There's your "proof" I guess that dealers are better value than box stores.

Sorry...I didn't see your answer to what YOU assume a dealers PM is day to day.... Thanks in advance for answering this....

I told yoou what the markup at Costco was, told you how to confirm my post.

Why is your post along with others vague and elusive.... and as for Terminator, I doubt that when my local Hotsprings dealer dropped $1800.00 off a Sovereing model lisred at $10,800.00! now about that ten dollars over wholesale? Do dealers get the spas at the same cost from the factory? I am in Seattle so why would he have more room in His spa the the ten dollars you say.....One more thing, the quote sheet only listed the $10,800.00 and nevers listed the lower price, all by word of mouth.

I believe the Costco mark up is 30%, about the same as most Internet retailers, working with low overhead.

If history repeats itself, which seems to be the case in just about every study on the planet. People repeat the same mistakes and have the same results.

Hydro Spas is cutting their own throat by putting spas at Coscto, so is Hot Spring. The dealers are going to be hurt by this and that will cause severe financial stress to those companies, which will ultimately result in them going out of business or being bought off like Jacuzzi/Sundance was. How many dealers did Jacuzzi lose over the Costco, Home Depot concept.

I believe the Costco mark up is 30%, about the same as most Internet retailers, working with low overhead.

I don't know the markup in their current model, but when I bought my Platinum Elite I the markup was just shy of 15%. I know this because they loaded the spa directly off the delivery truck onto my trailer and the invoice for the entire shipment didn't get removed, I found it when I got home. :)

NightRyder