Beware Blue Water Spas

tflati

^_^<_< Purchased a Blue Water Spa May 2008. Had to fight for delivery, finally recieved Oct. 2008. Tahitian TV model, CD/DVD player has NEVER worked, which means the TV and speakers are non-functioning since they operate through this unit. Have suffered several major leaks and now a major crack. The insulation is non-existant so it costs a fortune to run. THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NON-EXISTANT,YOU GET NOTHING BUT RUN AROUND FORM THESE PEOPLE. I have had to pay all repairs out of pocket, and had to find my own repair people. BBB rating on this company is "F"! I WOULD RECOMMEND BUYING NOTHING FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

^_^<_< Purchased a Blue Water Spa May 2008. Had to fight for delivery, finally recieved Oct. 2008. Tahitian TV model, CD/DVD player has NEVER worked, which means the TV and speakers are non-functioning since they operate through this unit. Have suffered several major leaks and now a major crack. The insulation is non-existant so it costs a fortune to run. THE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS NON-EXISTANT,YOU GET NOTHING BUT RUN AROUND FORM THESE PEOPLE. I have had to pay all repairs out of pocket, and had to find my own repair people. BBB rating on this company is "F"! I WOULD RECOMMEND BUYING NOTHING FROM THIS COMPANY!!!

Was this an internet purchase or box store? Or do you have a dealer? Was it the internet touting a super low price for a fabulous spa. Did you do any research before you purchased?

Was this an internet purchase or box store? Or do you have a dealer? Was it the internet touting a super low price for a fabulous spa. Did you do any research before you purchased?

Blue Water Spas only deals as an internet company. Yes, supposedly you do have a dealer, again, good luck getting past the lip service. The warrenty looks excellant on paper, however it is not worth the paper it is printed on. Yes, I did extensive research, and st the time this company appeared legit. However, since purchase their ratings and overall approval has plumited.

Blue Water Spas only deals as an internet company. Yes, supposedly you do have a dealer, again, good luck getting past the lip service. The warrenty looks excellant on paper, however it is not worth the paper it is printed on. Yes, I did extensive research, and st the time this company appeared legit. However, since purchase their ratings and overall approval has plumited.

I'm sorry but I think your extensive research was flawed by a low price. You almost always get exactly what you pay for.

Buying a hot tub on eBay is like buying electronic equipment from Nigeria.

Per the quote above "buying a hot tub on ebay is like buying electronic equipment from Nigeria", I did not purchase this hot tub on ebay, I purchased directly from BLUE WATER SPAS. Further in response to Rodger, you are acting like this hot tub was cheap, it was not. Further none of your responses to date have been the least informative or helpful.

Per the quote above "buying a hot tub on ebay is like buying electronic equipment from Nigeria", I did not purchase this hot tub on ebay, I purchased directly from BLUE WATER SPAS. Further in response to Rodger, you are acting like this hot tub was cheap, it was not. Further none of your responses to date have been the least informative or helpful.

I understand your frustration and apprecite the heads up on Blue Water....I am not sure what type of responses you expect....I think the responses you have seen are mostly from proffessionals in the bussiness that still after all the horror stories they have seen and heard of cant beleive consumers choose not to by from a LOCAL dealer with a solid track record.

Your tub might not have been cheap but it must have been less then what was available to you and price often plays a factor.

Every State/Province have laws to protect consumers ...its sad we need them but we do...check them out,also talk to the credit card company that you used for the purchase.

I understand your frustration and apprecite the heads up on Blue Water....I am not sure what type of responses you expect....I think the responses you have seen are mostly from proffessionals in the bussiness that still after all the horror stories they have seen and heard of cant beleive consumers choose not to by from a LOCAL dealer with a solid track record.

Your tub might not have been cheap but it must have been less then what was available to you and price often plays a factor.

Every State/Province have laws to protect consumers ...its sad we need them but we do...check them out,also talk to the credit card company that you used for the purchase.

Let us not confuse cheap with inexpensive. You may indeed have a cheap tub, that was not inexpensive.

• 4 months later...
This goes to show... buy a hot tub from a dealer that is close to home.... then you wont get service call charges during warranty period, and they are a hop-skip away.

There's no guarantee that the local dealer will remain a dealer for that spa at the time you need them. The spa we inherited with the house was bought by previous owners at a reputable and respected spa dealer about 30 miles from here, and three years prior to our purchase of the house. When I needed service and called, they were no longer authorized to work on the Caldera spa that they installed three years previously. The closest Caldera dealer is now 150 miles from here.

Since my spa is long out of warranty, going to an official Caldera rep might not be necessary, although I don't know about the availability of parts. I had to order the part from the Caldera dealer - who then shipped it to me.