Artic Spas

nuke

I am looking at buying a Artic Spa. Either the Summit Signature or the Klondiker Signature. If anyone can give me some input on if these are a good Hot Tub that will last and also what would be a fair price. Local Dealer is giving me a price of $8600 befor tax. Thanks

I am looking at buying a Artic Spa. Either the Summit Signature or the Klondiker Signature. If anyone can give me some input on if these are a good Hot Tub that will last and also what would be a fair price. Local Dealer is giving me a price of $8600 befor tax. Thanks

These are both great tubs but very different. The Klondiker has 2 loungers whereas the Summit doesnt have a lounger at all so i guess you need to first decide if you want a lounger or not and then book a wet test. If you decide you want a lounger then i would also consider the Kodiak.

We have had our Arctic for 1 year now and no problems what so ever. I have been very happy with the how litte electricty it uses compaired with friends with other makes of tubs with thinner covers. My only reget is I did not wet test as we purchased the Glacier and now we wish we had a lounger like the Cub.

As far as price go's , I'm sure you have shopped around at other brands and if you are looking at the Arctic you must feel it is in line with what you want to spend. ;)

I have a summit for almost a year now, and really enjoy it. I never tried a lounger but do enjoy the captians seats. I would not reccommend the blower jet (forget the proper term). I never use it and it is pretty loud. Northern lights are nice.

• 3 weeks later...

I've had lots of trouble with my Arctic Spa Summit. I'll sell it to you for half of retail, it's only six months old. It leaked after 3 days. The plumbing connections were not even hand tight. The cover caved in within the first year, to tell the truth it was either the first or second time I climbed on top to clean it. Over half the jets have been replaced, they just fell out and wouldn't stay in. The "maintenance free" siding rusted within a short time. The entire tub has been replaced with a new one but the new one trips the GFCI every couple of days since installed. Dealers been out 4 times to solve the problem. Needless to say, I'm very disappointed in Arctic Spa.

I've had lots of trouble with my Arctic Spa Summit. I'll sell it to you for half of retail, it's only six months old. It leaked after 3 days. The plumbing connections were not even hand tight. The cover caved in within the first year, to tell the truth it was either the first or second time I climbed on top to clean it. Over half the jets have been replaced, they just fell out and wouldn't stay in. The "maintenance free" siding rusted within a short time. The entire tub has been replaced with a new one but the new one trips the GFCI every couple of days since installed. Dealers been out 4 times to solve the problem. Needless to say, I'm very disappointed in Arctic Spa.

thats to bad about your spa,i am going to a wet test

a klondiker on friday has me wonder about them as others

have had many problems also on this board.

i havent bought a spa yet and it seems to be a huge challenge to buy one

each one says they are the BEST at this and thaT very very confusing to me

i may not even but one now.i dont want to throw away 15,000,i might as well buy a new car...

I've had lots of trouble with my Arctic Spa Summit. I'll sell it to you for half of retail, it's only six months old. It leaked after 3 days. The plumbing connections were not even hand tight. The cover caved in within the first year, to tell the truth it was either the first or second time I climbed on top to clean it. Over half the jets have been replaced, they just fell out and wouldn't stay in. The "maintenance free siding rusted" within a short time. The entire tub has been replaced with a new one but the new one trips the GFCI every couple of days since installed. Dealers been out 4 times to solve the problem. Needless to say, I'm very disappointed in Arctic Spa.

We take the quality of our product seriously. I have located your customer record and will review the manufacturing and service history of these two units.

Sorry to hear of your problems and I don't blame you for feeling disappointed. But it sounds like your dealer is working to resolve all issues.

Tom

Arctic Spas

I've had lots of trouble with my Arctic Spa Summit.

We take the quality of our product seriously. I have located your customer record and will review the manufacturing and service history of these two units.

Sorry to hear of your problems and I don't blame you for feeling disappointed. But it sounds like your dealer is working to resolve all issues.

Update: I have reviewed our service records and found that the GFCI issue has been addressed. Contacted customer, who reports that the breaker has not tripped recently. I will follow up to ensure that customer is now satisfied.

Recently I moaned on this forum about yet another dealer ramming their sales pitch down our throats.

It is pleasant to see that Tom and UK Arctic Dealer do not follow this line. You are a credit to the industry and do not constantly say your spa is the best etc. You give honest helpful advice. Well done.

Oh and by the way I do not own an Arctic. Just in case anyone was wondering.

Tom is awesome at helping when needed, I have a Summit legend extreme and we just love it. The seat design is great with the 3 captains and the one corner is great if you want to get up out of the water for a bit. We had a bit of a challenge at the beginning with the Onzen but now it has worked flawlessly. I got the blower and we love it in the summer if you want to cool the water, so keep that in mind when you but the tub.

Happy shopping,

Pete

Picture1351.jpg

Update: I have reviewed our service records and found that the GFCI issue has been addressed. Contacted customer, who reports that the breaker has not tripped recently. I will follow up to ensure that customer is now satisfied.

Yes, the GFCI issue has been addressed or, more accurately, is being addressed. The dealer has been out 4 times. They replaced the number one pump because it was running "very hot" according to the factory. They replaced a check valve because "it had moisture in it", and they replaced the ozone generator because "it had some corrosion on it." As it sits now the blower is unplugged and we're testing to see if the problem does not come back.

At the time I talked to Tom, I said the GFCI hadn't blown in about 12 hours, I guess that's what he means when he says "the breaker has not tripped recently". To be honest, it hasn't tripped now in a little more than 36 hours.

To recap:

New number one pump

New check valve

New ozone generator

If the blower is the problem, I'm gonna assume that will be replaced with new also.

4 trips from the dealer

I feel like I own a lemon

Paul

• 2 months later...

Yes, the GFCI issue has been addressed or, more accurately, is being addressed. The dealer has been out 4 times. They replaced the number one pump because it was running "very hot" according to the factory. They replaced a check valve because "it had moisture in it", and they replaced the ozone generator because "it had some corrosion on it." As it sits now the blower is unplugged and we're testing to see if the problem does not come back.

At the time I talked to Tom, I said the GFCI hadn't blown in about 12 hours, I guess that's what he means when he says "the breaker has not tripped recently". To be honest, it hasn't tripped now in a little more than 36 hours.

To recap:

New number one pump

New check valve

New ozone generator

If the blower is the problem, I'm gonna assume that will be replaced with new also.

4 trips from the dealer

I feel like I own a lemon

Paul

You do own a lemon, so do MANY Arctic Spa owners.

Pretty amazing how they spin "customer satisfaction" isn't it?

I have had the good people out to my place at least 8 times since I got the spa, paid top dollar for "the best spa with the best warranty in the industry"

I am sure they would have had to come out MORE often, but it takes so long between repairs, that it never has a chance to get worse.

(My most recent problem started last spring. MONTHS after I called and wrote to the factory, someone finally came with the right parts, but was unwilling to do a warranty repair, even though I was well within the warranty period, I was also told that HUNDREDS of people in my area are having to pay for the visits, because the local dealer went under. (I called Canada, and they apologized for the misunderstanding, and paid for the warranty repair.)

The spa was fixed for a day or so, i guess, I mean they told me that it was fixed, but it never was. I have never been able to use it.

So they "fixed it" in the middle of the winter, it was not fixed and I asked when they were going to complete the job, no answer.

I keep getting apologies for why the parts are not in yet, so I have no filter, no powerful jet, no air, lots and lots of broken plastic jet housings (I am AMAZED that you have that problem too, I was assured that these things never happened and my problem with them was the very first time they had EVER heard of such a problem.)

My advice, keep buying $2000 models and thow them out after a couple years. You will get more than 10 years out of your spas for the same money I spent.

I noticed your moniker and figured you are located north of Boston. I am not a shill for Arctic, but have to say they generally make a decent tub. From your description, it sounds more like a problem with the servicer and that repairs have not been completed properly. Please correct me if I have misinterpreted.

The North Shore area has a problem with servicers. There are no quality servicers that I am aware of. I understand that the current dealer is covering a huge amount of territory and I have heard some rumblings about the quality and speed of service. I have worked on a few Arctic's in my area where there was either a question of warranty status or the customer was sick of waiting and paid me. I don't know if any of my invoices were submitted to Arctic for reimbursement. It's not like there would be many, as the number of Arctic's in my area is limited. I don't believe they ever had a South Shore dealer.

Normally, in cases like this, I'd suggest getting one of the very ccompetent independent servicers. There are excellent independent's servicing central Mass, RI and southeastern Mass. Unfortunately, I do not know anyone on the North Shore that I would be comfortable recommending either to you or the factory.

John

• 6 months later...
Stuart A thanks for your comments, i just try and answer any questions i know the answers to. I give you the hard sell when you come into my showrooom. :P

I too had a good dealer in Anchorage, Alaska. They were very helpful with all our questions. We asked about moving our spa with us to Oklahoma and they said it would be no problem. We paid for them to crate our spa (a Summit Legend SE) for the storage and shipment. We bought the spa in 2003 - the 10 year warranty was one of the big selling points - and lifetime on the shell. All sounds great! However, promises just don't happen to work out when the spa fails. We have had cracks in our shell and since we are in Oklahoma, there are no Arctic Spa dealers near here. The manufacturer paid to have cracks fixed twice - but guess what! the cracks keep happening. The latest crack caused water to mess up the electrical system. When a person enters the world of warranty with the manufacturer, it is like a whole new world. Getting an answer from them is next to impossible, and the answer is never the same. Our final email from Mr. Warranty indicated that we should pay for shipping our spa to Spokane, Washington, for their technicians to see what the problem was, and then pay again for returning it to us in Oklahoma. I suppose they figured out that we would have to pay much more for shipping than the spa is worth. If you get a lemon from this company, there is no recourse. I would not recommend this company to anyone. We have spent lots of dollars and hours on end trying to get this spa to work - this company is a joke!!!!

Stuart A thanks for your comments, i just try and answer any questions i know the answers to. I give you the hard sell when you come into my showrooom. :P

I too had a good dealer in Anchorage, Alaska. They were very helpful with all our questions. We asked about moving our spa with us to Oklahoma and they said it would be no problem. We paid for them to crate our spa (a Summit Legend SE) for the storage and shipment. We bought the spa in 2003 - the 10 year warranty was one of the big selling points - and lifetime on the shell. All sounds great! However, promises just don't happen to work out when the spa fails. We have had cracks in our shell and since we are in Oklahoma, there are no Arctic Spa dealers near here. The manufacturer paid to have cracks fixed twice - but guess what! the cracks keep happening. The latest crack caused water to mess up the electrical system. When a person enters the world of warranty with the manufacturer, it is like a whole new world. Getting an answer from them is next to impossible, and the answer is never the same. Our final email from Mr. Warranty indicated that we should pay for shipping our spa to Spokane, Washington, for their technicians to see what the problem was, and then pay again for returning it to us in Oklahoma. I suppose they figured out that we would have to pay much more for shipping than the spa is worth. If you get a lemon from this company, there is no recourse. I would not recommend this company to anyone. We have spent lots of dollars and hours on end trying to get this spa to work - this company is a joke!!!!

In regards to your spa you transported your spas over 3000 miles and now have a problem that looks like the spa has been dropped. How is this becoming a warranty issue? This is not a structural problem but a transportation problem. Have you spoken with the company that moved your spa or looked into where it was located on the trailer when shipped?

I would say my experience with Arctic Spas and my local dealer have been all positive. Arctic Yukon. A little water chemistry adjustment had to be done, advice cheerfully given by the dealer and folks in Thorsby, and all has worked out well so far.

And please do not confuse the poster "northofboston2" with ME, north_of_boston.

I bought the Klondiker last year and love it. I got the Onzen system, northern lights, and the Aqua Tremor system. When you play the IPOD on this it actually 'Rocks'. The only manufacture related problem I've had is one of my headrest cushions cracked down the middle. I see that they have now changed those slide in head cushions to a permanent mount system that slides up and down. Wish mine had that! As far as the Aqua Tremor system; monitor your kids. They love the music and forgot to take the plug out and then closed the cover; now I have to manipulate the plug so I don't get a hum sound.