Eco One Or Spa Solution

alanr

Spa Marvel is enzymes so is not a sanitizer/disinfectant and has not been registered with the EPA as a pesticide nor has it been demonstrated to pass EPS DIS/TSS-12 to demonstrate that it kills bacteria nor has it been shown to inactivate viruses. It probably does a decent job oxidizing bather waste since it contains enzymes so that's good otherwise you'd be soaking in your own sweat and urine.

Spa Marvel enzymes must be doing something to affect the bacteria and other waste in the water. We have Spa Marvel in our hot tubs at the cottage and at our home. Not long after using our hot tub at home we headed up to the cottage for almost 2 months. When we returned home the water in our hot tub was still perfectly clear. In the past when we did not have Spa Marvel in the tub, after 2 months at the cottage the water in the tub would be cloudy and smelly. I've tried several different enzyme based products on the market and Spa Marvel has been the best performer for us. We no longer have any cloudy water issues, smelly water, etc...At first we were skeptical so we purchased bacteria test kits to test the water. Even after using the hot tub everyday for an entire week we found no trace of bacteria.

Now from what I understand, Spa Marvel cannot be considered a sanitizer because its not registered and probably does not eliminate bacteria as fast as chlorine or bromine. But it does keep our water clean and as long as its just my family and close friends using the hot tub I am content just having Spa Marvel in it. If my kids have a party and 20 of their friends are using the hot tub, I tend to add some chlorine just make sure.

Since we started using Spa Marvel, we have not had any pH/Alkalinity issues to deal with and we have not had to use any defoamers, descalers, and clarifiers. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to avoid sitting in chemicals.

• 1 year later...

I like the idea of using enzymes and less of the harsh chemicals in hot tubs, however I have a huge issue with the marketers of this SpaMarvel product. They say that many of their customers use it without the need of sanitizer, yet they do say in fine print that it is not a sanitizer and recommend regulatory sanitizers be used. Furthermore they suggest that pH be maintained between 7.8 and 8.1 which is very alkaline and WILL result in scaling, which we know can lead to premature heater failure and a range of other problems. Not to mention that is it not registered as a sanitizer.

All this makes me wonder what they are hiding? I for one want to ensure my family is using "sanitized" water to bathe in. They should come clean and be made to abide by regulatory sanitization. Clear water does not mean that water is bacteria free.

• 2 weeks later...

I just came from the Tub Shop with a bag full of the Spa Marvel products.

The salesman was convincing this was the cure all?

It's my first tub (3 year old tub) and I was aiming for a complete traditional starter kit.

Ended up with a Spa Marvel Cleanse Prep, Spa Marvel Enzyme, and Spa Boss Lithium.

The directions were clear: fill tub - run 24 hours with cleaner, Drain tub and refill, add Enzyme, good for 3 months and add a cap full of the lithium every week or when required to shock the water clean. I asked about test strips and ph alkalinity - his response: "I don't want to sell you products you don't need".

When have you heard that from a commission salesman?

Is this Spa Marvel gonna work or like Philster and the Chem guy pointed out - I'm I gonna be bathing in viruses and disease? (but not bather waste cause of the enzyme right?)

I just came from the Tub Shop with a bag full of the Spa Marvel products.

The salesman was convincing this was the cure all?

It's my first tub (3 year old tub) and I was aiming for a complete traditional starter kit.

Ended up with a Spa Marvel Cleanse Prep, Spa Marvel Enzyme, and Spa Boss Lithium.

The directions were clear: fill tub - run 24 hours with cleaner, Drain tub and refill, add Enzyme, good for 3 months and add a cap full of the lithium every week or when required to shock the water clean. I asked about test strips and ph alkalinity - his response: "I don't want to sell you products you don't need".

When have you heard that from a commission salesman?

Is this Spa Marvel gonna work or like Philster and the Chem guy pointed out - I'm I gonna be bathing in viruses and disease? (but not bather waste cause of the enzyme right?)

Shocking once a week with lithium hypochlorite (unstabilized chlorine) is NOT going to keep the tub sanitary, with or without adding an enzyme. Period! FWIW, it is also the mo$t expen$ive form of chlorine that you can get!

Then what's the deal?

If I'm running Spa Marvel on a "cleansed" tub and supplementing with Lithium then what else a guy got to do to ensure that no ladies are turned off from the tub and I don't catch what critters might walk off a lady who'd bath in a strange dude's tub?