Deepest Seat Depth?

billhill

Are the tub dimensions given on manufacturer websites the height of the cabinet or the depth of the water when filled.

While I'm at it. If someone owns a Artesian Piper Glen could they measure the water line to the bottom of the seat in all four corners. I don't want to waste my time if it is too shallow. I'm thinking 26" would do me just about right. A deep footwell would be nice too.

thanks

Are the tub dimensions given on manufacturer websites the height of the cabinet or the depth of the water when filled.

While I'm at it. If someone owns a Artesian Piper Glen could they measure the water line to the bottom of the seat in all four corners. I don't want to waste my time if it is too shallow. I'm thinking 26" would do me just about right. A deep footwell would be nice too.

thanks

That is cabinet dimensions listed on web sites. If it say a tub is 36 inches deep, from the footwell to proper operating level is about 30 inches. Some spas have really deep seats and lounges that just about go to the bottom of the spa. I am six foot and fit nice in my 36 inch deep spa in the lounge and deep seat.

Your best bet is to sit in a couple without water

thanks

That is cabinet dimensions listed on web sites. If it say a tub is 36 inches deep, from the footwell to proper operating level is about 30 inches. Some spas have really deep seats and lounges that just about go to the bottom of the spa. I am six foot and fit nice in my 36 inch deep spa in the lounge and deep seat.

Your best bet is to sit in a couple without water

thanks.

i am 6'-3' and am finding it hard to find a spa that fits. I dry sat a few and unfortunately the ones with the deep seats usually have a shallow foot well. this leaves me feeling like i'm in a cannonball position unless i stretch my legs to the other side of the footwell.

not sure if the person across from me would like that too much.

I just measured one of Clearwaters, the big tubs, the ones that are 41 1/2 inches from floor to toprail, most the seats are around 30-31 inches deep from the footwell to where the water line is. The deep seat is 25-26 inches to the water line, you could have the water level a bit higher if you do not have the tub full of people, which will raise it up anyway. Different seats will sit you differently because the way they are designed. The seats in the corners will allow you to sit deeper in the water. Many shorter (under 5'6") people have problems with these seats because they sit very deep, so they use a booster or choose a different seat.

I just measured one of Clearwaters, the big tubs, the ones that are 41 1/2 inches from floor to toprail, most the seats are around 30-31 inches deep from the footwell to where the water line is. The deep seat is 25-26 inches to the water line, you could have the water level a bit higher if you do not have the tub full of people, which will raise it up anyway. Different seats will sit you differently because the way they are designed. The seats in the corners will allow you to sit deeper in the water. Many shorter (under 5'6") people have problems with these seats because they sit very deep, so they use a booster or choose a different seat.

thanks

that my dilemma. what i think is a perfect fit my girlfriend says she'll need the booster or a snorkel :P

You should also take a look at the Arctic Spas Tundra. The Tundra is 39" tall, but i has a seat that is very deep. It measures at about 27-28" to the water line. The good thing about the Tundra is that it has seats that aren’t as deep, so shorter people can still sit in the spa. It won a award a few years back based on it's design. Let me know if you have any questions, but here is a pic of what it looks like!

tundra_legend_extreme.jpg

You should also take a look at the Arctic Spas Tundra. The Tundra is 39" tall, but i has a seat that is very deep. It measures at about 27-28" to the water line. The good thing about the Tundra is that it has seats that aren’t as deep, so shorter people can still sit in the spa. It won a award a few years back based on it's design. Let me know if you have any questions, but here is a pic of what it looks like!

tundra_legend_extreme.jpg

Yeah.............I thought about looking at these.

Arctic Spas website linked me to two dealers within 30 miles of me (In New Jersey). The one location is selling car rims (some kind of exotic auto place).........I guess they went out of business.

The other is selling skiing/snow-boarding equipment.

I think I'd prefer to deal with a straight up spa dealer.

thanks for the response though......I appreciate it.

Water boy could you give us the interior measurement from inside bottom to top. because I always thought that the 39" was exterior & with all that space underneath inside. Im gonna guess 30" interior. the Posting being a tall guy like myself would be way more comfortable with a truly deep tub where they are in a properly seated position than sitting basically on the floor with their knees basically tucked to their chest. Many tub makers have their seats basically on the floor & Bullfrog is the worst for that.

Water boy could you give us the interior measurement from inside bottom to top. because I always thought that the 39" was exterior & with all that space underneath inside. Im gonna guess 30" interior. the Posting being a tall guy like myself would be way more comfortable with a truly deep tub where they are in a properly seated position than sitting basically on the floor with their knees basically tucked to their chest. Many tub makers have their seats basically on the floor & Bullfrog is the worst for that.

preach on pathfinder.............

that's the way i felt in most of the tubs i dry sat. I suppose that wouldn't be too bad if it were one or two people in the tub.........but if you fill the seats (even if its just the four corner seats) its got to get a little cramped, no?. the tub manufacturers always state the number of people it sits. to me that looks like a four seater. maybe six comfortably.

I don't know if its a sales pitch but more than a few dealers said i've got to go bigger than a 7 footer

what tub do you own and do you like it?

pro and cons?

thanks

I believe you need a larger tub to be comfortable if your over 6' in height. I own a Pacific spa Calypso but they are now defunct. I sold them in a limited capacity for 2yrs. I chose that brand because I could fit in 98% of the seats comfortably. The seats had you in properly seated position & not sitting on the floor. I like the seating heights from Beachcomber, H20, Coast, A couple models from Jacuzzi, & Calspas. From what Hillbilly says it appears the Clearwater tubs have some decent seating. To be fair to Arctic I do like the seats in the Glacier.