Opinion On Cover Lifter

tmadiar

Hi all,

New to the hot tub owner world. I am purchasing a hot tub and looking for a cover lifter that will result in minimum blocked view. The Cover Rock-It seems to meet this purpose, I am just wondering if there is any other options and if anyone has an opinion on this lifter. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim

Hi all,

New to the hot tub owner world. I am purchasing a hot tub and looking for a cover lifter that will result in minimum blocked view. The Cover Rock-It seems to meet this purpose, I am just wondering if there is any other options and if anyone has an opinion on this lifter. Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tim

I don't know about the one you have listed, but how about the Covermate II http://www.leisureconcepts.com/main.php?page=15

You do need space behind the spa though

I made my own cover lifter out of electrical conduit, it cost about $20.00, about 1/10th the cost of a manufactured one and it looks just as good. Those things are way overpriced.

Here is a link to the thread where I posted how:

http://www.poolspaforum.com/forum/index.ph...=13283&st=0

Dave

FYI - The Cover Rock-It has been redesigned. Functionality will be the same but it's shaped a little differently. Also, they will all be slide-under-cabinet models. The reason I bring this up is I don't think the new version allows the cover to drop as low as the old one.

Thanks for input Shamus, not sure which way to go now. More research.

I have a Covermate 1 and my only complaint is a complaint of all commercial cover lifters I have seen. I like to rest my arms on the edge of the hot tub and the lifter does not allow me to put my arms on 1 side of the tub because the cover is resting against it. I still prefer a lifter to no lifter though.

The lifter that Dave made seems to allow for a little more room from the pictures but I don't know if thats just an optical illusion.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That's going to be a tough one. The triangle shape can be overcome, but because the pieces telescope inside of each other there actually is a minimum size spa required. I would probably recommend something in a tray/shelf design like the Cover Caddy, CoverShelf or Roller. That is if you have the required rear clearance.

• 4 months later...

I just ordered my first hot tub. After months of research (Thank you all!) and struggling for a decision, I chose the Dove Canyon from Artesian. After reading the posts here, and having the dealer convince me that I should opt for a lifter I now have more decisions to make....

The situation is that my HT is going to sit in a corner with wodden fence on 2 sides. Space is somewhat limited, so I want to minimize clearence behind the HT. At the same time I dont want or need the cover to protect from wind or give privacy, i.e. I want the cover profile as low as possible when open.

The lifters I have seen seems to be 2 categories; either low profile which requiers a lot of clearance, or high profile with less need for clearence. Are there any compromizes out there which will give me a little of both? low profile - little clearence?

Can´t wait to get my first soak, although I will have to wait 6 weeks for delivery...

/Z

That's going to be a tough one. The triangle shape can be overcome, but because the pieces telescope inside of each other there actually is a minimum size spa required. I would probably recommend something in a tray/shelf design like the Cover Caddy, CoverShelf or Roller. That is if you have the required rear clearance.

Congrats! Good call on the Artesian. I own a Piper Glen that I bought last fall and am in it virtually every day, absolutely love it! The level of control is fantastic - I bought a Sundance Optima back in 1999 and recently upgraded to the Piper and I find it is night and day..

Joe

Because of the geometry involved in moving a cover off a spa, the answer to your question is "no".

Thanks Dr. Spa ! I was afraid of that. I have seen the CoverMate 1 on pictures. Is this considered a quality product? None of my dealers have any experience of this product. Anyone?

/Z