Bullfrog Overide Temp?

beleive

I have bullfrog spa,love the spa but hate low temp.The control panel reads 104 but its actually 101-102.Which dealer says within specs.The bullfrog has balboa equip. does anyway have a way to get temp up??Id like to see 106-107 for real.Doesnt look like Im the only one that doesnt like the low temp.My spa is outside when its cold out 101 doesnt cut it.Thanks for any help.

I have bullfrog spa,love the spa but hate low temp.The control panel reads 104 but its actually 101-102.Which dealer says within specs.The bullfrog has balboa equip. does anyway have a way to get temp up??Id like to see 106-107 for real.Doesnt look like Im the only one that doesnt like the low temp.My spa is outside when its cold out 101 doesnt cut it.Thanks for any help.

Took side cover off today,I have two heat sensor that go into the heater,Im assuming one read temp coming in and the other tells when to turn heater on and off,my sensor part # are 30344. also has M7 on it.Hoping some comes across this give me some help here.THanks

• 1 month later...

Took side cover off today,I have two heat sensor that go into the heater,Im assuming one read temp coming in and the other tells when to turn heater on and off,my sensor part # are 30344. also has M7 on it.Hoping some comes across this give me some help here.THanks

There is no way to raise temp to 107 + . The spa control is locked out at 104 because it has been legislated that no spa reach over that point.I have investigated this issue many time and the answer is always the same that its not possible.

Its not legislation its guidelines set by the industry & Independent testing companies like UL.

Anything after the end of 05 digital packs no longer have override dip switches. There are ways to override by going into the programming of the board itself but you will void your warranty and most likely screw up your board if not done properly which usually happens. Its doubtful you will find anyone with the proper equip & programming software to do it. You are most likely gonna have to suck it up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
will took some digging and some learning,but figured it out,it will go to 110 if needed.Run it at 106 its nice.

Please share! I just bought a house that came with a Bullfrog spa. It does get up to 104 as it claims, but I need it about 2 degrees warmer for it to be a pleasant experience.

• 9 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...
3 hours ago, av8torx said:

Hi.  Can you please tell me how to increase the temperature above 104.  Thanks Dave 

Nope.

It's an unsafe hack of the manufacturers set safety limits. Tubs have a maximum set point of 104 as anything higher can cause injuries to those who sit in the tub for long periods of time.

• Like 1

I agree 100%.  In the winter the outside temperature is sometimes single digits.  Having it set to 104 only allows the water temperature to get to maybe 100 with no wind.  Normally it drops to 98-99 degrees which is not enjoyable.   It would be nice as an owner of my own hot tub to decide what is safe and unsafe for me.   If the manufacturer sets limits on their products then they have done their due diligence to protect the consumer.   Same goes for a helmet on a motorcycle or a seat belt.  

Unfortunately, the world we currently live in, won't relieve the manufacturer of liability should someone get injured because of someone hacking the controls. Ask McDonalds how the "coffee is hot" warning worked out for them.

Google is your friend should you wish to pursue this, Bullfrog normally uses Gecko spa packs.

2 hours ago, av8torx said:

Having it set to 104 only allows the water temperature to get to maybe 100 with no wind.

@av8torx In the future please start your own post/thread.  

If this was the case it would be running all the time trying to heat to 104 and cost a small fortune. Perhaps you have a programming issue. There might be 2 different settings you might have on your topside if your spa uses a balboa based system... Range (hi and low) and Ready/Rest modes. Incorrect settings might limit the spa temperature to 99 degrees or only heating the water during filter cycles. Your topside might be different than shown in attached videos but if it is a balboa based system it should have the same settings available. Should always be set for Ready and in the high range setting

See the attached videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bPLNakHprs

https://www.google.com/search?q=bullfrog+spa+ready+rest+mode&rlz=1C1GGRV_enCA752CA753&oq=bullfrog+spa+ready+rest+&aqs=chrome.2.69i57j33i160l2.9213j1j15&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:eae00349,vid:mWmceiW-rFk

Thank you for the info.   I’ve been to plenty of natural hot springs.  Some offer different temperature pools to use based on your comfort levels.   I’ve enjoyed springs in the 106 -108 range.  It would be nice if we could adjust our personal spa to a temperature of our liking.    Any ideas on how I can get my spa above 104?  Thanks Dave 

Living dangerously can come at a cost. Hot tubs have many safety features mandated by the Gov. to protect consumers from themselves and or manufacturers. 104 Temp limits is one of them. I think most of us volunteers on this forum feel a moral obligation to not share bypassing certain mandated regulations. You might be the most competent person in the world and could bypass safety features without issue but these posts are forever and available to a wide audience. Some might not be as competent as you. JMO