Spa Cap Cover

Akaipaps

Hello,

I'm looking at a couple of hot tubs right now. Unfortunately, the 1st and 2nd choice of places to put it are on the west side of the yard. We often get high winds and occasionally hurricane force (anywhere from 35 mph to 70 mph). I'm concerned about the standard spa covers lifting and causing damage. Does anyone know anything about the "Spa Cap" cover? It appears to be a soft, air-filled multi-chamber cover that claims to stay put at 70 mph.

Thank you very much!

Hello,

I'm looking at a couple of hot tubs right now. Unfortunately, the 1st and 2nd choice of places to put it are on the west side of the yard. We often get high winds and occasionally hurricane force (anywhere from 35 mph to 70 mph). I'm concerned about the standard spa covers lifting and causing damage. Does anyone know anything about the "Spa Cap" cover? It appears to be a soft, air-filled multi-chamber cover that claims to stay put at 70 mph.

Thank you very much!

Air is the worst insulator in the world. All hard well insulated sp covers have tie down straps. And Doc can make ya straps that will withstand 100 MPH winds :D

Thanks for all your input. I did do a search, but made the product name 2 words, so, nothing came up. Sigh........

I guess I'll be going with the standard cover after all.

Now, to decide between the Hot Springs Aria and the Sundance Certa............

Hello,

Thank you very much!

FWIW,

My Hot Springs tub not only has straps that secure the cover, but they lock with a key. (I have not locked them, I do not have the key).

Just call Jeff Sliger at Spa Cap and ask him to send you written proof of his R-value testing. After he lectures you about why you shouldn't be asking for it and generally verbally rips your head off, you'll be convinced never to buy that thing. The Spa Cap's ideal customer is so focused on avoiding the cover "that gets heavy" that they ignore the basics of insulation physics. Large chambers of free-flowing air are not as good at insulating as a honeycomb of smaller air pockets that restricts air flow. If fewer large pockets are better than more smaller pockets, I have two questions: 1) Would you replace the fiberglass insulation in the outer walls of your house will plastic bags full of air? and 2) Why does Spa Cap sell an extra bladder option if it isn't better?

• 8 months later...
Hello,

Thank you very much!

They took my money from my credit card ($497.00) over 11 weeks ago. No cover and no one answers emails nor their phone. Beware!!!