Snow And Ice Buildup ?

mikebuzz

the solutions would be to move to a climate that does not have snow, move the spa indoors, cover with a gazebo, or simply put a cheap cover on it that does not insulate well and actually melts the snow as it lands on the cover..

Now in reality, you should be happy that snow and Ice build up on your cover, it means the insulation is working well and the cover is a good quality one. The best solutions are to simply use a broom as some have mentioned or a squeegee also works well. If the ice build up gets bad in the middle of the winter, I hook a hose to the drain on the spa and thaw out my deck area with the water from the tub. It does a great job and gives me the chance to refresh my water half way thru the winter. I have been doing it for years.

Is there anything out there on the market that eliminates ice and snow buildup on a hot tub cover ??

Thanks

Buzz

But if you don't clean all the snow off of it everytime.....you end up with a build up.

I'm not sure if this is helping or hurting my cover, but I bought a cheapie plastic tarp and draped it over my tub cover. Just rest a broom and a plastic snow shovel on top of it to hold it down from the wind. Since it is very slippery, using the broom, the snow brushes off of it very easily. A little snow or ice gets underneath the tarp and on the cover, but no real chunks of ice that need to be busted off or that accumulate. So I think it is a good thing. Don't even have to remove the tarp when I open the tub, it just drapes over the lifter bar and stays in place. So far it seems to be working OK.

Randy

Is there anything out there on the market that eliminates ice and snow buildup on a hot tub cover ??

Thanks

Buzz

But if you don't clean all the snow off of it everytime.....you end up with a build up.

I'm not sure if this is helping or hurting my cover, but I bought a cheapie plastic tarp and draped it over my tub cover. Just rest a broom and a plastic snow shovel on top of it to hold it down from the wind. Since it is very slippery, using the broom, the snow brushes off of it very easily. A little snow or ice gets underneath the tarp and on the cover, but no real chunks of ice that need to be busted off or that accumulate. So I think it is a good thing. Don't even have to remove the tarp when I open the tub, it just drapes over the lifter bar and stays in place. So far it seems to be working OK.

Randy

SO no one makes a heated cover ??? , I would buy one !!

Buzz

I do the tarp method as well, just throw it on when Im expecting snow and the clean up it Way easier and I

dont have to drag the shovel across the cover and risk scratching it !

John