Wavetec Pool Installed!

BrendaNicholson

I purchased a wavetec pool in June 28th 2006 and the contactor began work on my pool on August 18th 2006 and my pool was completed September 14th 2006. We are satisfied so far with the installation and customer service provided by the contactor. It was a pleasure to have him working on our pool.

I am putting together a website to show the construction phases and also the final view of our gorgeous pool. check the progess at http://www.fayenichols.com/wavetecpool.htm

I know that there are people that have had problems with Wavetec, but I can tell you that first hand I have had nothing but cooperation with them to include my sales rep and customer service rep assigned to my account.

If you are having a problem with your contractor, it is not necessarily wavetec's fault, but the contractors fault. Call Wavetec and tell them you want another contractor. If you are in the San Antonio Area, I can recommend the guy that did mine, he is excellent!

Brenda Nicholson

Texas!

• 2 weeks later...

My pool was put in easter THIS YEAR (mike from el paso) and my pool is Great!!!!! The service has been great. and my father in elpaso has had his pool finish for a couple of month and he is also happy. Frank my contractor was very friendly and has walk me thur any problems that I have had

Like all the non-exsistent pictures from BrendaNicholson, all you have to say is SPAM and S*H*I*T RUSTYC.

you must be the only one in the state of texas that has a completed pool. we gave a deposit in may. we signed the financing in june. was told many times that we were next. now it's oct. and we have a hole in the ground with metal around it. we have not seen anyone in 3 1/2 weeks.every time we called wave tec we were told that person no longer works there. we hate wav tec with a passion. :angry:

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry my pictures are so late getting out, things have been really busy lately.

but here they finally are!

http://www.fayenichols.com/wavetecpool.htm

So all of you who think I was spamming can kiss my wavetec pool!

Plus the guy who built my pool is thinking about getting away from wavetec and creating his own pool installation business. I'm telling you, he is great.

yes, Wavetec sucks for all the crap they feed you and I was very pissed when we found out that it wasn't a spray in liner, and wasn't chemical free, etc, but my finished product is great!

I will add more pictures of the kids swimming as soon as i can have a break from work and school and home!

Brenda

Like all the non-exsistent pictures from BrendaNicholson, all you have to say is SPAM and S*H*I*T RUSTYC.

Well Mike, my pictures do exist. I am a very busy person and do have a life that comes first and haven't had time to thumbnail all the pictures and get them posted on the internet.....now they are there and you certainly owe me an apology because I don't work for wavetec and I am not spamming anyone!

*waiting patiently for apology from Mike in El Paso"

:angry::angry:

BrendaNicholson in Texas

Sorry BrendaNicholson but I'm not gonna give you an apology just because your one of the lucky ones. My Pool was bought June 2, 2005 .. it was completed (as far as wavetec can complete) in December 2005. Mine has many issues and does leak alot. Wavetec has done nothing to fix the problems or return calls. So good luck BrendaNicholson I wish you luck on your pool, but don't come cryin' in a few months.

Sorry BrendaNicholson but I'm not gonna give you an apology just because your one of the lucky ones. My Pool was bought June 2, 2005 .. it was completed (as far as wavetec can complete) in December 2005. Mine has many issues and does leak alot. Wavetec has done nothing to fix the problems or return calls. So good luck BrendaNicholson I wish you luck on your pool, but don't come cryin' in a few months.

The apology I want is for calling me a SCAM. that is the reason that I am asking for an apology, not because I got a better contractor than you.

Brenda

I am glad someone got there pool done by Wave Tec... I still have not after 5 months! I would like to see the pictures but they are not listed on the site.

Gary

Gary, they are posted now, I have HS band marching season right now with my kids and we have been so busy going from football game to competition that I just hadn't had time to get them up. I do have some pictures of the kids having fun swimming in it and I will post those as soon as I can.

Brenda

<_< Was thinking of a pool of this kind. But the more that I have check into these kind of pools. There seems to be a bad flaw. If you order the pool with those walk in plastic steps you have a very good chance of having a leak along them. The amount of water pressure on the seal at the steps could blow out the seal if the liner is not cut out right. Then there is the matter of alinment. If you are not within a 1/4 to 1/2 side to side end to end and corner to oppiste corner the liner will be streched wronge will causing too much pressure on the seam at the steps also and or cause folds and strech marks in the pool liner. Imagen holding a 1x1x1 foot sandwich bag in the shape of a square filled with water. Think of all the forces you will have to cope with to maintain that shape. Holding it will destort it, the water will push out the sides, so you have to push them back in. It just can be done. It's the same with a pool of this kind. Yet if people reall want to get this kind of pool dont install the lights in the walls, leave out the bottom drain forget the steps. You then can clean it like a above ground pool and as for steps use the same kind as above ground. Not the lader kind the pedlestal type. I want to install a pool but untill we pay off our cars our dept ratio will not allow it. But we may just install a above ground pool instead. At least the frame can hold all sides of the bag and the ground can hold the bottom. When we feel it is right a cement pool would replace the above ground pool. Basicly all wave tec did was take the consept of a cinder block pool and install a liner inside to seal out leaks.

• 1 month later...

<_< Was thinking of a pool of this kind. But the more that I have check into these kind of pools. There seems to be a bad flaw. If you order the pool with those walk in plastic steps you have a very good chance of having a leak along them. The amount of water pressure on the seal at the steps could blow out the seal if the liner is not cut out right. Then there is the matter of alinment. If you are not within a 1/4 to 1/2 side to side end to end and corner to oppiste corner the liner will be streched wronge will causing too much pressure on the seam at the steps also and or cause folds and strech marks in the pool liner. Imagen holding a 1x1x1 foot sandwich bag in the shape of a square filled with water. Think of all the forces you will have to cope with to maintain that shape. Holding it will destort it, the water will push out the sides, so you have to push them back in. It just can be done. It's the same with a pool of this kind. Yet if people reall want to get this kind of pool dont install the lights in the walls, leave out the bottom drain forget the steps. You then can clean it like a above ground pool and as for steps use the same kind as above ground. Not the lader kind the pedlestal type. I want to install a pool but untill we pay off our cars our dept ratio will not allow it. But we may just install a above ground pool instead. At least the frame can hold all sides of the bag and the ground can hold the bottom. When we feel it is right a cement pool would replace the above ground pool. Basicly all wave tec did was take the consept of a cinder block pool and install a liner inside to seal out leaks.

None of this applies if you have somene above the age of 10 install the pool for you. Yeah, I am being dramatic, but it really is not rocket science to install a pool liner and not have it leak. Correct installation of the pool liner eliminates all of the above concerns. There literally millions of vinyl liner in ground pools across the country that dont' leak. can they leak around the steps and lights? sure. But so can a gunite (cement) pool. they have potential for leaks around skimmers, returns, lights. anywhere where the marbledust meets plastic/metal inlet fittings or lights. bottom line is that any pool will leak that is not built correctly.

• 1 month later...

I purchased a wavetec pool in June 28th 2006 and the contactor began work on my pool on August 18th 2006 and my pool was completed September 14th 2006. We are satisfied so far with the installation and customer service provided by the contactor. It was a pleasure to have him working on our pool.

I am putting together a website to show the construction phases and also the final view of our gorgeous pool. check the progess at http://www.fayenichols.com/wavetecpool.htm

I know that there are people that have had problems with Wavetec, but I can tell you that first hand I have had nothing but cooperation with them to include my sales rep and customer service rep assigned to my account.

If you are having a problem with your contractor, it is not necessarily wavetec's fault, but the contractors fault. Call Wavetec and tell them you want another contractor. If you are in the San Antonio Area, I can recommend the guy that did mine, he is excellent!

Brenda Nicholson

Texas!

Brenda, my pool has been completed for 1 1/2 years now and I am STILL happy w/ it. I am SHOCKED that after this long (and longer) Mike is still bellyaching....... I want everyone to know that yes, wavetec has flaws, but my pools is just fine, completed and still no peoblems.

Brenda, my pool has been completed for 1 1/2 years now and I am STILL happy w/ it. I am SHOCKED that after this long (and longer) Mike is still bellyaching....... I want everyone to know that yes, wavetec has flaws, but my pools is just fine, completed and still no peoblems.

So far so good for us too! No problems here. What gets me is that people complain about Wavtec, when it is actually the contractors they hare that suck. Lucky for me, I got a great contractor and he did a great job.

I can't wait for this summer, so we can finish doing our landscaping around it and enjoy it more.

As for Mike, he will continue to be negative no matter what anyone else says. So just let him keep on whining about Wavetec. I am a proud owner of a Wavetec pool!

Brenda

They not only scammed their customers, but also banks that provided financing for their in-house finance company. The company forged documents to get the banks to advance money ahead of schedule, never completed the pools, then couldn't repay the bank in a timely manner. I heard that a local Austin TV station was outside Wav Tech within the past week doing an expose on them. I haven't seen it. All I know is a lot of customers are going to loose money when the place closes (any day now) and the banks that provided over $4 million to Wav Tech's own financing company will be a victim too.

I understand there are still people out there buying pools from these people. I would strongly urge them to go to BBB, and do their research before signing any contracts.

• 3 weeks later...

ok, folks, lets talk about Wave Tec, shall we? First of all, for you who have been burned....sorry, but it's somewhat your own fault. Let me clarify. Wave tec is a company that has no assets, no shop, no crews, no equipment, nothing to hold themselves liable to you. What they do is they suck you in with a great price on an inground pool. The problem is, they are finding builders, who in most cases, have never seen a pool before. Maybe they build homes, and they are slow so they think they'll tackle building an inground pool for some extra cash, right? If you buy a pool from a company that sells it's product online, so you can save a buck, you'll get what you pay for every time. When you are spending that kind of money, you need to protect it, and the only way to do that, is to make sure you spend it with a company that you can trust, one where you can go and see their assets. It costs money to do business, and there are good, hardworking, men out there, good companies, willing to work for you. Trust the people that have been in business a long time. I know the scams that Wave Tec uses, don't be fooled, the FBI will be investigating them shortly. Oh yeah, did you know the guy that owns Wave Tec, also owns the so called finance company that you sign a deal with to buy the pool. I feel bedly for you that have been burned, but the builders are being burned too, because they aren't getting paid from Wave Tec when they complete a job. The poor builders are just as blind to it as you folks. Good luck to all of you, wish I could help you more.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone who thinks Wavetecs problems are few and far between are sadly misinformed. Wavetec is NOT this big pool builder everyone thinks. According to their own figures,they had only built 169 pools as of December 16th throughout the country. According to the BBB in texas/ georgia they have nearly that many complaints. If anyone would like more concrete information I'd suggest watching the expose that ABC did recently at www.wsbtv.com . This is a two peice series so please be sure to watch the second peice since it is more incriminating.

• 3 months later...

I'm sick of your bantering Brenda. It's not wave tec's fault, it's their sub contractor's fault? What kind of **** thinking is this???

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't wave tec responsible for supplying quality contractors? Isn't wave tec ultimately responsible for their sub contractors work? Brenda, you indeed do sound like an employee of wave tec and your word isn't to be trusted on this site. How do I know this? Simple:

Everytime wave tec actually talked to me about their problem they tried to push it off on the sub contractor. They don't do that **** with me anymore because I took delight in reminding them I signed a contract with WAVE TEC not a fucking sub contractor. Enough said......go drown yourself in your pool.

Jerry Materne