Where Are The Moderators?

Dnepr Dave

There's little us moderators can do other then delete individual messages and ban by user name. The spammers apparently have some new automated software that allows them to post new messages, with different names and different IP numbers, faster than they can be deleted. It's pretty much become a losing battle, and I doubt any of us VOLUNTEER moderators really have the time to deal with all of it.

There's little us moderators can do other then delete individual messages and ban by user name. The spammers apparently have some new automated software that allows them to post new messages, with different names and different IP numbers, faster than they can be deleted. It's pretty much become a losing battle, and I doubt any of us VOLUNTEER moderators really have the time to deal with all of it.

If one was required to sign up via an E-mail verification process along with visibly typing in a hard-to-read set of letters, that would probably stop the spammers and is what is done at most other sites. If this keeps up, people will have to go elsewhere. There's a "What's the Best Hot Tub .com" site here and a sub-section "Spa / Hot Tub Care" at the mostly pool site Trouble Free Pool here.

Can't the moderators block the ISP that is slamming this list with spam?

No, we can't. It takes an administrator and none of us have that level of access.

I just deleted 525 pieces of spam. Phooey.

Wow Tom - I have deleted about a dozen or so over the past few days, and I thought I was going nuts. Five Hundred?

Thanks Tom.

B)

Five Hundred?

13 pages @ 40 per page plus a few extras. Thank heavens for the page actions. Another six pages plus a few extras today. Phooey again.