What Is The Better Spa?

matthias

Hello Everybody!

I want to ask what is correct sequence of this Spa's?

Sundance, Jacuzzi, Hotspring...? What is the best what the worst?

Please only tech ansers, not this selling stuff of the salesmans!

Thanks!

Sundance and Hotsprings are very close.

Unless you can find a service tech that works for a dealer that sells all 3 brands you will only get personal opinions or you have 3 friends that own one of each and test all 3 Other than that you will never find a true answer.

Just bc one maybe touted as better doesnt necessarily mean you will like it.

1. Dimension One

2. Hot Spring

3. Sundance

7. Jac

Interesting you put D1 which wasn't asked even about on the list. I take it you are a D1 dealer or someone who purchased one? ; )

D1 is a good tub, but no better (nor perhaps worse) than Hotspings or Sundance.

They all are ALL the best. Actually, there's no such thing but you listed some very good brands. There are many more also.

What makes one brand the best for one doesn't make it so for another. Simply do your homework and wet test the spas you are serious about. Have local support with a dealer you trust.

The best spa for you may be a very basic, value priced spa? Who knows?

Steve

Thank you for much replys!

I change my question from "the best" to:

What Spa would you choose if someone would give you a Spa and you only have to choose the brand.

I wonder that Jacuzzi is not on the top ranks because I have read it is the inventor of Spas...

You can write other brands the 3 written brands schould only be examples.

Matthias

Hello Everybody!

I want to ask what is correct sequence of this Spa's?

Sundance, Jacuzzi, Hotspring...? What is the best what the worst?

Please only tech ansers, not this selling stuff of the salesmans!

Thanks!

Of those three Sundance is your best bet.

Jacuzzi does not have the therapy.

Hot Srping violates the UL and is about to be destroyed.

Thank you for much replys!

I change my question from "the best" to:

What Spa would you choose if someone would give you a Spa and you only have to choose the brand.

I wonder that Jacuzzi is not on the top ranks because I have read it is the inventor of Spas...

You can write other brands the 3 written brands schould only be examples.

Matthias

First off, Jacuzzi did NOT invent the spa. It's a very common misconception though. Jacuzzi did though invent the whirlpool pump. Baja spas was the first to sell portable spas, 6 months before Jacuzzi.

That said, so I get a free spa? Cool! And I get to pick between some of the top names in the business? Even cooler. I'd have to go try each one out and determin which one fits ME the best. Which contours to MY body the best. Which has the best jet placement and pressure for ME. Then I'd have to determine which dealer I feel would have the best relationship with ME. I'd also give some thought to how long each dealer has been in business AND how long they've carried that paticular brand.

Not much help huh?

I used to be a tech, but Dad retired. Now I get to worry about the $6,000.00 payroll every week. Can I post?

I've worked on all three. Albeit, the sundance's and jacuzzi's were older. HS is nice because there's no programming. However, I feel they're all good choices. I think the dealer or who you buy from makes the experience truly perfect.

TO MATTHIAS:

I AM NOT A DEALER; JUST ANOTHER CONSUMER LOOKING FOR THE BEST VALUE IN A SPA. I have actively been looking for about a month. My humble opinion; check out other lesser name brands. The 3 you mentioned IMO charge more for less. Jacuzzi doesn't even have individual adjustable jets! Dimension One doesn't have acrylic shells (rather some other type of plastic which to my knowledge doesn't hold up to UV) and Hot Springs doesn't have bottom suction inlets which ALL other brands have (makes you wonder why). Check out these brands, ARTESION, BAREFOOT, AND ARCTIC - the last 3 mfgs we are looking at. The first 2 are fully foamed; the latter not which I prefer for ease of repair and supposedly lower operating costs and a warm air bubbling system because of it's fully insulated chamber. All 3 have satisfactory ratings on the BBB website with Artesian and Arctic have 0 compaints lodged against them in the last 3 years!!! I don't want to buy a tub, have problems, and then hassles with the dealer/mfg to get the darn thing fixed. DON'T HEED THE "ADVICE" OF THE DEALERS ON THESE SITES. USE YOUR OWN BRAIN AND RESEARCH, RESEARCH, RESEARCH! Those are my thoughts. Good luck.

Hot Springs doesn't have bottom suction inlets which ALL other brands have (makes you wonder why).

I'm just curious, why do YOU think every one else but HotSpring has by-pass valves in their spas? :)

Terminator

I'm just curious, why do YOU think every one else but HotSpring has by-pass valves in their spas? :)

Terminator

Like I have stated, I am not a dealer. I only know what the federal standards are and it appears DS does not meet them. As a consumer desiring to learn more before my purchase, why don't one of you hot shot sales guys educate me then as to by-pass valves.

Like I have stated, I am not a dealer. I only know what the federal standards are and it appears DS does not meet them. As a consumer desiring to learn more before my purchase, why don't one of you hot shot sales guys educate me then as to by-pass valves.

Who is DS and what federal standards are you referring to?

All three are comparable with none being head and shoulders above the rest. After my wet testing FOR ME I found the Marquis to be the best but maybe not for you.

I recently had the opportunity to wet test an Epic. By far, the most well thought out, therpaeutic spa I have tried. I was very impressed.

Steve

Who is DS and what federal standards are you referring to?

I believe the D was supposed to be an H........ Federal standards? There is no such thing. Please go read my previous post in another thread regarding ASTM standards. As I stated there, these "standards" are in no way requirements (as per ASTM's own words). Additionally, AS PER ASTM's OWN STATEMENT, there may be OTHER way of doing things that may be as safe, OR SAFER than their own standards.

wesj53, you say not to listen to the dealers here but to tell you the truth, it sounds like YOU are either a dealer, or haven fallen hook line and sinker for something you've heard from another dealer somewhere else. Or perhaps your information comes from a web site written by the marketing department of a large spa company? My friend, you say you're not biased? Well, EVERYONE is biased, based on what they CHOOSE to believe.............. customer walked in, back to finish later.... had to get this posted her

Checking BBB listings is certainly a good idea but I wouldn't base a spa decision on them. They can be misleading. You need to understand how large a company is and how long it's been in business. A company that sells 1,000s of tubs with a few complaints isn't the end of the world. On the flip side a small company that doesn't sell many tubs and hasn't been around a long time with a clean BBB record doesn't mean that they are better then the big one with a few complaints. I think no matter how good you are you are going to have a few angry people. Every company is going to have a few duds go out. I think there is something to be said for a company thats been around a long time.