Cal Spas Avalon Vs. Arctic Yukon?

srosti

rather than relying on a questionable website?
He didn't quote 'a' web site. He mentioned that his search returned over two hundred thousand.

That's 200,000+ sites that come up with problems over the BBB rating system, its way of operating, or the good/poor rating given to a business which did not live up to the rating.

I used to belong, and I used to proudly state that I have never had a complaint. I changed my thinking about 8 or 9 years ago.

B)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to believe posts on a site called "BBB Sucks" that is your perogative. All I'm saying is that a BBB is another tool a consumer can use to try and judge the reliability of a company in taking care of it's customer. But if you have the time to really research BBB and how it conducts it's affairs, why don't you contact them directly and report back to us "uninformed" about it's practices, rather than relying on a questionable website?

That's like saying that the Pool & Spa rating system for "Best of Class" could be used as a tool by consumers. Wrong! It's all about PAID advertising and is misleading at best! It's not a "tool" wes...It's deceptive.

This isn't some new revelation that is based on some website giving bad information wes. This has been known for a long time though few really understand it. Again, it’s no different than Pool & Spa where consumers feel that they are viewing accurate information based on fact when in reality, it’s all about paid advertising dollars to increase the “rating” of a given manufacturer.

Steve

He didn't quote 'a' web site. He mentioned that his search returned over two hundred thousand.

That's 200,000+ sites that come up with problems over the BBB rating system, its way of operating, or the good/poor rating given to a business which did not live up to the rating.

I used to belong, and I used to proudly state that I have never had a complaint. I changed my thinking about 8 or 9 years ago.

B)

You are right and you are wrong Chas. You are right to say it is not a website but you are wrong to imply that all 200,000+ sites involve problems with the BBB rating system. As you must know, key word ID's used by search engines look for either words and then combine them for max values. Therefore, unless you did a complete 200,000+ investigation of each site, you don't know how many involve BBB and their rating system. In fact, just by reviewing some of the first few pages of BBB sucks, not all sites have anything to do with questioning the BBB and it's policies. Now I'm sure there are problems with BBB. Heck, there's problems with everything in life but I will maintain it is A tool which consumers can use to ID problematic companies. If you don't agree, then I suppose the argument could be made that there is no difference between the responsiveness and customer service of companies like HydroSpa and Thermospas and Watkins or D1 or Sundance (Jacuzzi).

I will maintain it is A tool which consumers can use to ID problematic companies.

I will admit that if a local dealer has lots of complaints, I would avoid them - or get any promises in writing. But the whole BBB system is not as pure as the wind-driven snow, IMO.

B)